Biggest shock of Ep. 610? I say it was Margaery. (spoilers)

25 minutes ago, wabino said:

I was really surprised by how Cersei dealt with Tommen's body. She said he should be buried with his siblings and grandfather, but decided to have him burned and his ashes buried under the sept. It kind of seems like she didn't hold him to the same standard after what he did and he betrayed the Lannister family.

Shame he never found out he was an incest babe.

They are buried under the sept. That is why she had him burned and his ashes scattered there, so he can be with them.

2 hours ago, HeroesAndVillains said:

I think Margery's definitely dead as the queen of thorns was informed. :(

Isn't there a book scene where Loras is believed to be badly burned, injured or dead? I know its unlikely but it might be a good twist to show her alive one last time before the series ends

31 minutes ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

I don't know, the show has treated the Tyrell characters very poorly... they don't appear for long skips and say s4 and s5 they don't even appear in the final 3 episode stretch, even when they're imprisoned.  That's why I expected them all to be on the chopping block at the same time.  I was SURPRISED they wrote QoT out of there...she is the female Tywin.

All the Tyrells will die in the books too I think, it's just that the books have more of them.

Well, in the books Loras has two older brothers, so he never was the heir in the first place. The two older brothers would not have been in Kings Landing, just for security reasons. At least one of them would be in Highgarden for sure, ruling their lands while Mace was away.

25 minutes ago, Banner Without Brothers said:

Oh yeah they'll die for sure. But I doubt it'll go down like that. I thought there would be more build up or foreshadowing to them getting killed. It felt a little contrived the way they were not allowed  to leave. Everything else had quite a bit of foreshadowing. The Rat king and the Frey's the fact that we knew Arya was coming back and the Frey's had been reintroduced I saw that coming a mile off. Tommen committing suicide made perfect sense. Cersi completing the goal of the Lannisters since before Roberts rebellion. All the other stuff was coming the Tyrells as major show characters getting caught up with everyone else in a fire ball was the one thing that I didn't see coming, it seemed a bit underwhelming for their status on the show. Lancel and Pycelle got a bigger send off and they have been minor characters for ages. 

When that happened, I got flashbacks to that scene in the Patriot movie where the redcoats trapped heath ledger's girlfriend and her family in the church and set it on fire lol.

Well think of what you know of the Tyrells, they latched on to Renly cause he had the biggest army, they switched to the Lannisters when they held the Throne, they switched to the Faith when they held the power in KL.  They attach themselves quickly to who has the power.  It was only a matter of time until they got screwed over.  In this case, the High Sparrow's idiocy got them killed (as said in the Inside the Episode video).

The Tyrells went out very logically.  For all Margaery's schemes, to stay in power this time she latched on to a man (the High Sparrow) who didn't fully understand Cersei. She paid the price for it, along with her father and brother.

2 minutes ago, Banjo said:

Isn't there a book scene where Loras is believed to be badly burned, injured or dead? I know its unlikely but it might be a good twist to show her alive one last time before the series ends

It really wouldnt be, Barry Allen would have a hard time escaping that explosion.

13 minutes ago, Rory Snow said:

One big shock wasn't what happened, but what DIDN'T happen. Jon, Sansa et al never went into the crypts with Rickon. All that speculation about what they might find and nothing...

It isn't important from the point of view of the characters that Jon find out who he is (although he might eventually). All of that was entirely for the viewers benefit, so that they can better understand the back story and why things are they way they are.

Even if Jon does find out, he is still going to be a bastard, and is not going to be just given stuff because of who his parents are. Anything he gets he will have to earn the hard way, not inherit it.

35 minutes ago, darndes said:

Tommen was such a tragic moment.  The first time the poor kid finally makes a choice on his own, and he ends it.

I thought that was a poor ending of his story. With the information available to him that seems like one heck of a dumb decision to make. You think that if he really cared for her, he would at least try to find out what exactly happened and seek justice.

Just now, Ser Wun Wun said:

The biggest shock for me was Cersei declaring herself Queen.  It was so obviously going to happen in hindsight, but I just did not see it coming.  

She has no heirs though, so it is kind of an empty title.

14 minutes ago, Banjo said:

In the book Loras is sent to take Dragonstone from Stannis's forces, and in the ensuing siege he has boiling oil poured on him (IIRC). So he is badly injured and burned. Cersei arranged for him to take the castle because she knew he would lead the attack and probably get killed in the process.

Book Loras is nothing like TV Loras. He is a gallant knight in the mold of Rhaegar. He is not gay, and he is not the heir to Highgarden.

10 minutes ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

When that happened, I got flashbacks to that scene in the Patriot movie where the redcoats trapped heath ledger's girlfriend and her family in the church and set it on fire lol.

Well think of what you know of the Tyrells, they latched on to Renly cause he had the biggest army, they switched to the Lannisters when they held the Throne, they switched to the Faith when they held the power in KL.  They attach themselves quickly to who has the power.  It was only a matter of time until they got screwed over.  In this case, the High Sparrow's idiocy got them killed (as said in the Inside the Episode video).

The Tyrells went out very logically.  For all Margaery's schemes, to stay in power this time she latched on to a man (the High Sparrow) who didn't fully understand Cersei. She paid the price for it, along with her father and brother.

Thanks that does make a good bit of sense.

5 minutes ago, tugela said:

She has no heirs though, so it is kind of an empty title.

I dont think she cares, she finally got what she really wanted all along, the power in King's Landing.

There was always something holding her back, Joffrey, Tywin, the Tyrell alliance, The High Sparrow.

Now? Nothing.

3 minutes ago, tugela said:

In the book Loras is sent to take Dragonstone from Stannis's forces, and in the ensuing siege he has boiling oil poured on him (IIRC). So he is badly injured and burned. Book Loras is nothing like TV Loras. He is a gallant knight in the mold of Rhaegar. He is not gay, and he is not the heir to Highgarden.

.....Dude

1 hour ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Renly had the biggest army only because the Tyrells supported him. They were the ones with the largest army.

They probably figured that their army could leverage Renly into power, but they would only provide it if he took Margaery as his queen. That way they could get their blood line into royal lineage.

Archived