Biggest shock of Ep. 610? I say it was Margaery. (spoilers)

54 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

For me it was the King in the North. I fully expected a Queen in the North event, at least. It still doesn't quite make sense to me.

Also, while the revelation at the Tower of Joy was a long time coming, it was the one thing that got me out of my seat. Misty eyes moment.

Yeah, good stuff.

A Queen in the North would have been cool, but I think Jon is more fit to be a ruler than Sansa anyway.

I was not shocked about Margaery dying. Against all information provided by scrips leaks (many stated she escapes and none said she dies), I kept thinking she would die because the Tyrell house is the only major house from the show that did not have any losses in the 6 seasons. In addition to this, she was the only prominent Tyrell in KL and the one with more screen time out of them. I did knew Tommen jumps (spoiled myself reading leaks) and I thought this would be the thing that pushes him over the edge. I was a bit glad Margaery died because she was an overrated character in my opinion.

What was a bit shocking was the way Tommen jumped. He was broken and did it passively like it was the only thing to do. I found the scene quite sad. He even took time to remove his crown. 

13 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

For me, the suicide of Tommen, Hell, I loved it :bowdown:

13 hours ago, lancerman said:

I knew Cersie was going to use the Wildfire. I just thought it would be in a sort of she lost her trial and had a meltdown and went Mad King to take everyone with her.

Instead we got a calculated massive assassination. Ruthless. Someone around here said she went full Michael Corleone and that's exactly it. Once I realized that Cersie wasn't showing up and they were all stuck in there... damn. One scene took out Pycelle, Lancel, High Sparrow, Margeary, Mace Loras, Kevan. Then Tommen by suicide.

I was only surprised by how many people died. That is it for Kings Landing now. There is nobody left. There isn't a single male heir of any of the great houses living south of the wall apart from Jamie and Tyrion who have been disinherited and Robyn who isn't anyone.

LF now has the Vale, the Reach on his side and the Riverlands and the North are at least neutral.

13 hours ago, Adam141414 said:

Cersei is recognized by one constitute of the seven Kingdoms - Kingdom of the Rock. She is no more a Queen than Renly was a king. 

Since all Jon cares about is fighting the White Walkers, LittleFinger has more power.

12 hours ago, caravaggio said:

Speculation for book!Tommen's death must still be on right? He wouldn't throw himself out a window unless he was chasing his cats.

He might well die differently in the books. HBO probably did the jump out of window exit to mirror Jamie trying to kill Bran that way in the first episode.

12 hours ago, Bran Snow said:

I guess with the Freys dead, Riverrun can go to Bronn

Interesting. But I suspect Jamie gives it back to Edmure.

12 hours ago, Bran Snow said:

I didn't see the Frey Pie coming but its a nice nod to the books

Frey Bentos is a brand of pie in the UK, sold in cans. It was obviously the point of the Frey-Bolton alliance.

12 hours ago, deej said:

I was glad Marg didn't get out. It would have taken away from it all if there were loose ends that escaped.

Tommen's suicide was pretty suprising. I thought he'd get caught in the blaze tbh.

Super excited dirtbag Pycelle got it. He suprised me with his martial prowless with that spin kick on the kid. I wish there was more of an explanation why that guy was so spry given his age. I knew he waa covering his own ass by acting gimp but I wondered if there was more to him than that

Did you notice that every time we saw Pycelle with a prostitute, he got sacked that episode?

Margaery was surprising to me. Seems like she had more to give as a character...always do hate for the clever ones to die.

I was hoping Tommen would die, so that was pretty satisfying even if it didn't seem likely.

Biggest shock though? Learning how OP Varys' teleportation capabilities truly are. Not only can he do it himself, he can take whole fleets with him! :P

5 hours ago, princess_snow said:

Yes true they are far nastier. I wouldn't put her in the unpleasant basket tho. She enjoyed what she did and had no redeeming qualities.  

That´s true, I mean i dont think she deserves being raped but she enjoyed all that walk of shame that Cercei did, maybe a slow death woulnd´t have been better than being with the mountain.

I was sorry to see Margery go but she did something significant before she died... she saved Oleana when she told her to leave... that makes me think Oleana and the Sand Snakes still have an important contribution to make to the story... and more than just being a stopping off point for Dany and her army on the way to Westeros.

Most shocking moment for me was seeing Davos let Mel walk away after confronting her with Shireen's murder. Was he simply respecting Jon's wishes?

Second most shocking in a seriously badass way- Lady Mormont SCHOOLING those houses of the north for not joining the fight.

Absolutely the biggest surprise of the episode was Margaery. You almost knew Tommen was going to die, but ending the Tyrell line was completely unexpected (there's 0% Margaery survived). 

It really seemed as though Margaery was going to be a big player and she was smart enough to recognize something was amiss. 

You also have to think about the younger and more beautiful girl in the prophecy that will take cerseis place. Was that Margaery where she took over for a short time? Is it Dany who will come conquer westeros? Is it Sansa who could have southern ambitions with LF? 

1 hour ago, Dragonandwolf said:

I forgot! so who will kill Cercei? Dayaneris, shes suppposed to be defeated by another woman right?

Trying to recall the whole prophesy.. I think another woman was to take all she held dear and replace her.. that would be Margaery. I think she dies at the hand of the volonquar, which Cersei believed was Tyrion, but may well turn out to be Jaime. I don't remember the whole thing all that well, the golden crowns and golden shroud part always stuck with me tho'

Oh yeah! I don't think they are going to do anything with that in the show though. Seems like they are streamlining everything down to just characters who are crucial to the end game. The books will do something on this though probably

16 hours ago, Banjo said:

Isn't there a book scene where Loras is believed to be badly burned, injured or dead? I know its unlikely but it might be a good twist to show her alive one last time before the series ends

I didn't interpret it like that but on a rewatch it certainly seems a bit implied. The fact that the zombie Mountain doesn't seem to have much agency either suggests that Cersei's orders must have been pretty specific rather than an broadly interpretable "Make a her suffer" which makes it all the more shocking.

17 hours ago, Timett sonof Timett is God said:

she's his plaything, it was rape. at least they didn't show it this time.

14 hours ago, Survivor92 said:

I am not sure about the septa myself. At first I thought Gregor was gonna rape her. That's what the whole scene seemed to imply, with him taking off his helm, some sexual touching by Cersei... but then again, it was kind of weird how she started screaming so soon. Gregor was just, standing there? Also, I can't see zombie Gregor as a torturer and he didn't seem to have any tools or knives on him.

9 hours ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

I think your friend is right , the Mountain raped her that was my interpretation. It was not more explicit to not shock the audience. Cersei touched her inappropriately on purpose kind os signaling what was coming, and the Mountain took his armor, which we wouldn't do if he was torturing her in another way. And the mountain is a rapist...

4 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

it was the longest prayer I ever had in my life when I saw Lancel crawling to the candle, I was like "for the love of R'hllor, don't make him reach the candle and extinguish it! let them burn!, let them burn! burn them all!"

I was so nervous and anxious urging Marjory out of the sept, then calm washed over me when you knew it was too late.

I don't think I was really shocked by anything. It all seemed kind of predictable to me. I was kind of surprised at the order of events. I thought that Cercei would burn KL as a result of Tommen's death, not that he would kill himself because of it. It was also sort of surprising that the Mountain had a head. 

6 hours ago, Bazil said:

Thinking about it, in spite of being married three times Margery died a maiden.

Nope. Book Margery is on trial for sleeping around. We saw show Margery in bed with Tommen.

8 hours ago, Dragonandwolf said:

That´s true, I mean i dont think she deserves being raped but she enjoyed all that walk of shame that Cercei did, maybe a slow death woulnd´t have been better than being with the mountain.

Cersei said that the last thing she would see was her face. So the mountain was about to blind her.

Archived