Biggest shock of Ep. 610? I say it was Margaery. (spoilers)

7 hours ago, ground_control said:

No, that was one of the coolest lines in the show.  She just blew up the Sept where Tywin, Joffrey, and Myrcella were buried, so burning Tommen and adding his ashes *is* burying him with them.  She wasn't just writing off Tommen, she was writing off her entire family (other than Jaime), which is pretty much par for her course.

Ahh I see now. That is pretty bad ass then xD

Actually read an article a week or so back saying that due to Tywin's grandfather or great grandfather or something marrying a baratheon a few generations back, that Cersei, Jaimie and tyrion were the actual heirs after the deaths of joff, myrcella and tommen. Check it out

http://mashable.com/2016/05/03/game-thrones-heir/#mpG7D3G6KuqT

That exhausts this generation of Baratheons. And according to this unbelievably extensive Baratheon family tree, you have to go all the way back to Robert's great-great-great-great-grandfather to find anyone in his family who sired another line that survived.

A hundred and fifty years before Robert was even born, an aristocrat called Corwen Baratheon married a woman named Leyne and had six kids. One of them, Arion, was Robert's great-great-great grandfather. The next one down to have surviving kids was Elyanna, who married a Lord named Mathin. Lord Mathin Lannister. 

Mathin fathered Jason, who fathered Demon, who fathered Gerold, who fathered Tytos Lannister. And who was Tytos' firstborn son?

Tywin Lannister

1 hour ago, Rhollo said:

That they didn't even try or consider to resurrect Rickon, despite having Mel right there and knowing first hand that it is possible.

Excellent point, of course.

I thought about that last week (when Jon said at the end of 609 Rickon would be buried in the crypt; basically, at that point I was thinking, "What, you're not even going to TRY to resurrect him??"), but I didn't think about it last night.

I hated the Faith Militant, Tomen was a snivelling little idiot so no great loss there, you've really got to admire Cersei, she gave everyone what they richly deserved.

If she's done in Westeros, can I have a new Sith apprentice? :D.

Just now, Lord Sidious said:

I hated the Faith Militant, Tomen was a snivelling little idiot so no great loss there, you've really got to admire Cersei, she gave everyone what they richly deserved.

If she's done in Westeros, can I have a new Sith apprentice? :D.

Long may she reign :D 

10 hours ago, HeroesAndVillains said:

I think Margery's definitely dead as the queen of thorns was informed. :(

Biggest shock was Tommen in the sense that I was expecting him to die but not by suicide.

Another shock was maybe that whole zombie thing... my friend thinks Sir Gregor raped the Septa. I disagree though I think it was non-sexual torture.

I think your friend is right , the Mountain raped her that was my interpretation. It was not more explicit to not shock the audience. Cersei touched her inappropriately on purpose kind os signaling what was coming, and the Mountain took his armor, which we wouldn't do if he was torturing her in another way. And the mountain is a rapist...

The biggest shock was the strategic explosion. Most us thought that cercei would go down and take everyone along with her, but i guess we forgot who Cersei was/is. She took down her enemies and took the throne for herself, she's no idiot that's for sure.

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

I've been critical of some parts of the Show, but that scene was very very good.  And. Lena Headey looks very fetching in a black and silver uniform. 

In its way, it reminded me of the Baptism/Execution scene in The Godfather.

Yeah, Lena looked great.

To me, Cersei has always been the most physically attractive character on the show.

Her facial expressions are great, and drive me nuts (in a good way).

Yes. I was really surprised how the King's Landing stuff played out.  I thought Margs would be a "bigger player".  It turns out she really didn't have too much of a plan for playing the High Sparrow and just wanted better treatment for Loras (which the HS just ignored anyway) and then she died.  At least they had her be smart enough to realize Cersei was about to do something insane and try and get out of there.

But yeah...she's definitely dead.  No ambiguity there.

Margery and the whole Tyrell line becoming toast. 

Arya killing the Freys - I did expect that just not so soon. 

Dany setting sail. That was fast. 

Benjen making a quick exit. I think that weirwood is still like, half a day's ride from the Wall. So I am not sure how Bran is supposed to get to the Wall, and get through at that.

Sansa losing her smile as Littlefinger basically give her the "and now I'm gonna kill Jon" look. 

NO ONE FOLLOWED SAM TO GET THAT SWORD BACK?

I was also surprised something like 90% of the plot lines came together to make actual sense. Not a bad episode.  

For me it was the King in the North. I fully expected a Queen in the North event, at least. It still doesn't quite make sense to me.

Also, while the revelation at the Tower of Joy was a long time coming, it was the one thing that got me out of my seat. Misty eyes moment.

Archived