Biggest shock of Ep. 610? I say it was Margaery. (spoilers)

Biggest shock was Tommen trying out King's Landing's version of the Moon Door. And like any good designer, he decided to test it out himself first. The New Moon Door functions perfectly.

(Winterfell's Moon Door still needs work.)

23 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

I dont think she intended the IronThrone for herself.  She certainly did not intend for Tommen to die so if everything had gone according to plan Tommen would still be King and Cersei would be Queen Regent. With Jaime and Tyrion non-contenders for king, it seems she is next in line. 

Oh no, that's not what I meant.  I didn't think Cersei planned to have Tommen die so she could take the throne.  

I actually read Reddit spoilers weeks ago, so I've known for a while that Tommen would die.  I just didn't know what Cersei would do after he died.  I guess I imagined the finale would end with her weeping over his corpse or something.  I did not expect her to declare herself Queen quickly after he died, the spoilers I read sure as hell didn't mention that!

They did mention who all died when Cersei burned the Sept, so maybe if I hadn't read them then Marg dying in the wildfire would have shocked me most like it did others.  

2 minutes ago, princess_snow said:

Haha and I am so glad she is getting what she deserves. That bitch needs to suffer. Did you notice Ser Gregors face ?

Unella was unpleasant, but Cersei and Ser Gergor are far nastier people, so I really am not happy at her suffering at their hands.

58 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

I dont think she intended the IronThrone for herself.  She certainly did not intend for Tommen to die so if everything had gone according to plan Tommen would still be King and Cersei would be Queen Regent. With Jaime and Tyrion non-contenders for king, it seems she is next in line. 

I'm sure she didn't intend him to die.  But, nor was she moved by his death any more.  I imagine she knows she's doomed, and is just determined to die as a Queen, rather than to live in obscurity.

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Unella was unpleasant, but Cersei and Ser Gergor are far nastier people, so I really am not happy at her suffering at their hands.

Yes true they are far nastier. I wouldn't put her in the unpleasant basket tho. She enjoyed what she did and had no redeeming qualities.  

8 hours ago, Adam141414 said:

Cersei is recognized by one constitute of the seven Kingdoms - Kingdom of the Rock. She is no more a Queen than Renly was a king. 

Occupying Kings Landing and the Throne does make her more of a Queen than Renly was a King, however illegitimate.

The biggest shock for me was Cersei taking the crown in the manner that she did. My jaw dropped. The volonqar prophecy reads " ..and when your tears have drowned you.." but we see no crying. Instead we see an arrogant woman telling Qyburn to cremate her son and bury him in the ashes of the sept with no sign of emotional reaction. She wept for the first two children, but nothing for Tommen. She is now the personification of Ruthlessness times ten. She has obviously slipped over the edge, but in a way I never expected. Somehow I thought she would tear her hair and rant. This is so much more Game of Thrones.

Archived