Long may she reign!

It's pretty obvious with the city hating her (and even more after she blew up their beloved high septon and queen Margaery) and without a legitimate heir to the throne and most importantly, with the Tyrells, Dornish against them, Daenerys army coming, that Cersei and the Lannisters are done. Hell, there is also Littlefinger who has the Vale knights.  And even Arya the assassin is a threat.

How long can Cersei even last again this? Characters tend to travel relatively fast in the show, but it's a bit hard to imagine how a major character from the start of the show and one of the few remaining villains would end in like one of the first episodes of the next season. Yet on the other hand, what can she even do against her enemies?

It was a bit queer to see Qyburn crown Cersei and declare her Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. By what right? Do the people of King's Landing even know his name, or his role in the Red Keep? Cersei doesn't have the slightest right to sit on the throne, and only Qyburn and UnGregor are loyal to her at this point. Her authority basically only extends to the Red Keep walls. 

So yeah, she doesn't have long. 

I wonder how Gregor will be put down, though. 

Also notice the amount of Lannister helms at the crowning.

Her only "right" to the throne, lies in her having control over those soldiers.

If Jamie were to order all Lannister soldiers to march home, her reign would end swiftly.

To quote Tywin: "I distrust you because you’re not as smart as you think you are".

1 hour ago, Qhorin Halfhand and Yoren said:

It's pretty obvious with the city hating her (and even more after she blew up their beloved high septon and queen Margaery) and without a legitimate heir to the throne and most importantly, with the Tyrells, Dornish against them, Daenerys army coming, that Cersei and the Lannisters are done. Hell, there is also Littlefinger who has the Vale knights.  And even Arya the assassin is a threat.

How long can Cersei even last again this? Characters tend to travel relatively fast in the show, but it's a bit hard to imagine how a major character from the start of the show and one of the few remaining villains would end in like one of the first episodes of the next season. Yet on the other hand, what can she even do against her enemies?

She can't last more than a few months.

The show is leaving many plot holes that will not be answered, but I'm here wondering who other lords and ladies died at the sept and the show is taking a ridiculous way by extincting all big houses. In books houses like Tyrell, Martell, Umber, Karstark there are all sort of brothers, sisters, uncles and more who could still rule them, in the show great houses has like 2 children and no other heir. I know it would be too many characters, but why not do it properly and make like 10 seasons instead of rushing things.

Pretty much no region outside the West has any reason to support her, and I doubt the West will be 100% loyal too.

The North- Re-declared their independence 

The Vale- In open rebellion 

Iron Islands- One half is with Euron while the other is with Dany

The Riverlands- Engulfed in civil war, and they are no friends to the Lannisters 

Crownlands- They probably don't care at this point

Stormlands- They don't exist. Even if they did, they probably aren't happy with a foreign queen who killed their lord, and drove their ruling house to extinction 

The Reach- Declaring for Daenerys

Dorne- Declaring for Daenerys

This is going to be too easy for Daenerys.

I doubt Cersei even lasts until Dany can get to King's Landing. I think Cersei knows this at some level. She's lost everything else, so why not try and take the throne, something she's always coveted, power, while she still has even a sliver of influence.

18 minutes ago, Chib said:

Cersei will marry Euron? lol

This.

Of course I agree with people saying how stupid a political move this is, it´s obvious. But it should also be obvious the power that an event like that has on the mind of people. People don´t really know about wildfire, and they haven´t forgotten the blackwater, so this is the second time we have Lannisters causing immense explosions against their enemies - and this time, against the Gods themselves!

She was supposed to stand Trial before the Gods and the place goes up in the air in green flames - do you think the fanatics will rationalize "Damn this treacherous woman and her schemes" or "crap, the gods have spoken"?

She has no allies now, obviously. She has a bunch of subjects to fear. 

Euron will find that hot af.

For me, Cersei was always more of a side-character, the evil bitch who throws fits and sees herself as the most beautiful thing that ever walked the earth. I have never considered her the main villain, because she just doesn't have the abilities of LF or Tywin or even Ramsay. I don't like that they established her this way now, she is way too pathetic to be taken seriously. Just eye-rolling. Please, can someone just kill her already.

39 minutes ago, Twenty of House Goodmen said:

Pretty much no region outside the West has any reason to support her, and I doubt the West will be 100% loyal too.

The North- Re-declared their independence 

The Vale- In open rebellion 

Iron Islands- One half is with Euron while the other is with Dany

The Riverlands- Engulfed in civil war, and they are no friends to the Lannisters 

Crownlands- They probably don't care at this point

Stormlands- They don't exist. Even if they did, they probably aren't happy with a foreign queen who killed their lord, and drove their ruling house to extinction 

The Reach- Declaring for Daenerys

Dorne- Declaring for Daenerys

This is going to be too easy for Daenerys.

Agreed. By burning the Sept, and screwing over the Tyrells in the process, she basically handed over the Seven Kingdoms to Dany. Wrapped like a Christmas present.

27 minutes ago, rayarts said:

For me, Cersei was always more of a side-character, the evil bitch who throws fits and sees herself as the most beautiful thing that ever walked the earth. I have never considered her the main villain, because she just doesn't have the abilities of LF or Tywin or even Ramsay. I don't like that they established her this way now, she is way too pathetic to be taken seriously. Just eye-rolling. Please, can someone just kill her already.

I don't think it even takes cunning to rule, more a lust for power.  She basically has taken on the role of Mad Queen, so she'll just fuck everything up with no intelligence or poise.

Cersei will remain in the game at least until the end of season 7, I think. Those won't be all that many episodes and it is crystal clear now that she'll marry Euron Greyjoy and make him her king consort (rather than Jaime, for whatever reason) and then they'll wage a massive sea battle against Daenerys' forces.

The Lannister plot with Jaime eventually killing Cersei and Dany taking the Iron Throne should be wrapped up by the end of next season while the remainder of the show will then focus on the war against the Others. I expect Jon and Dany marrying/uniting their forces in the finale of season 6. There is reason why the hell Dany left Daario in Meereen. And with all the eligible bachelors aside from Jon Snow actually dead (Bran doesn't count) it is quite clear who she'll marry both for love and for political reasons.

A similar thing should happen in the books, too. After Aegon has taken the throne and if there is a war between him and Dany in the books Dany's enemies also should realize that they best chance to put down Dany is before she even reaches KL. Euron's fleet and possibly those of Lys and Tyrosh might figure into that as well if the anti-Dany forces have time enough to consolidate and unite against her (although I see no common ground between Euron and Aegon, of course).

But I admit it, I always had a soft spot for Cersei. I want her to stick around and take charge in the books as well as in the show, and the show finally delivered there. In the books I want her to rally the forces of the West and unite with Euron to literally burn down the Seven Kingdoms. When her children are all dead all that will remain in her is a desire to ruin things and that might actually make her more dangerous than Euron (who actually seems to want to conquer things). 

Archived