Queen of Dragons Marrying King in the North

I think Jon/Dany is a strong possibility, but more likely in the show then the books.  

If Bran (and/or Jon in the books) can skinchange dragons then Dany attacking the north could go disastrously for her.  She'd also likely have a former Faceless assassin apprentice targeting her and her key allies.  Much like many armies that had trouble with Russia in winter (Napolean, Hitler), Dany's southern and eastern troops are not likely to fair well in the north and will have trouble with logistics.  

She will marry Tyrion after Jaimie strangles Cersei before killing himself, leaving Tyrion heir to Casterly Rock.

Dany dumped Daario to free herself up for a political marriage.  Tyrion is already on Team Dany, marrying him doesn't gain her anything.  The only way that happens is if it's a love match, which I think is very unlikely on Dany's end, especially book Dany's.

59 minutes ago, Hawkforce said:

She will marry Tyrion after Jaimie strangles Cersei before killing himself, leaving Tyrion heir to Casterly Rock.

It makes only a wee bit of sense that she would marry the other two dragon riders, Tyrion Hill and FakeJon Targaryen.  She doesn't have to do that, and there have been many dragon riders who were not rulers.

There just haven’t been any who weren't Targaryens.

2 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I agree with, he's already died, there is no point to kill him again, unless the departure of Melisandre means something, if he dies this time the it's for good

Well he did say "If I die don't bring me back". He doesn't want to experience that again.

and yes to the prophecy that Dany will light a fire for Jon's funeral.

6 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

It makes only a wee bit of sense that she would marry the other two dragon riders, Tyrion Hill and FakeJon Targaryen.  She doesn't have to do that, and there have been many dragon riders who were not rulers.

There just haven’t been any who weren't Targaryens.

Well, Aegon married his sisters so if you swap genders. It's not impossible but probably not. I mean it looks like Daeny will have three husbands Drogo, Hizdar and Jon possibly.

I think the show is setting up a Jon and Dany marriage, especially by the end of season 6 it appears to be the path the story is on. And I think the books are on the same path as well. They may get there two completely different ways, but I believe there are plenty of clues left in the books forshadowing them being together before the end.

I think one of them will die by the end of the series, but not both. And a child will come of their union. Dany could die in childbirth, leaving a son for Jon to raise, or Jon could die after leaving Dany with child. I think that's the bittersweet. You don't go to all the trouble of bringing Targaryens back to the IT without giving them an heir to restart the Targ dynasty. What's the point of returning for one ruler to have them die without a Targ heir?

If I HAD to guess, I would say Day would be the one to die. Why? She hasn't had to endure nearly as much as other characters and is rarely in any kind of danger. Her entire PURPOSE is (seemingly) to regain the IT. Hence, by the way GRRM writes, she won't get it. Jon doesn't want it, so he will get stuck with it. He doesn't want to create a bastard, so he'll end up with a legitimate child. Dany doesn't believe she can have another child, hence she will. Goes along with developments like a great swordsman losing his sword hand, or a guy who is proud of his sexual prowess losing his member.

On the show version of the HOTU scene (not that I'm defending the show here because the book version of HOTU is far better), Dany is shown coming CLOSE to the Iron Throne, but she NEVER touches it. There is snow on the throne. I think that is telling as D+D were closer to Martin's overall endgame plans than anyone will be before the end.

They won't end up together and shouldn't end up together.

Jon would hate Daenery for the arrogant, self-centered, narcissistic person she is on top of being a queenslayer while Daenerys would find Jon boring as he's no fire like Daryo and would hate him for the fact that he's Ned Stark's bastard and unlike Tyrion there's no way Jon ever allow a snobbish to talk shit about the man who raised him.

Oh and did I mention how them ending up together would be the most cliché ending you could probably think of?

2 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I cannot at this point see any barrier to Dany reaching the Iron Throne.  Cersei cannot stand before her.

Certain Night's King says hello. Cersei and Euron will only be there for couple of episodes until Walkers move their asses towards the Wall. Same with LF because NK will hardly give a damn about his schemes.

On 6/27/2016 at 7:04 AM, Future Null Infinity said:

After thinking, I can't find another man that politically powerful enough suitable for the stormborn, Only Jon is the suitable one

Baelish is the defacto Lord Protector of the Vale and probably Lord Paramount of the Riverlands after Walder Frey and his sons died. Dany will face his forces before Jons. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, but it would be silly to discount it as a possibility.

25 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I cannot at this point see any barrier to Dany reaching the Iron Throne.  Cersei cannot stand before her.

Dany sails with 1000 (?) ships an a lot of horse warriors to Westeros. Could anyone else have a 1000 ships and seasoned sea warriors? Anyone? There you have your barrier. 

4 minutes ago, Damon_Tor said:

Baelish is the defacto Lord Protector of the Vale and probably Lord Paramount of the Riverlands after Walder Frey and his sons died. Dany will face his forces before Jons. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, but it would be silly to discount it as a possibility.

But Baelish lost the power of the vale because the lords of the vale are now with Jon the KitN, he have nothing to offer to Danny (Harrenhal is a destroyed castle, nothing worthy in there)

Just now, Future Null Infinity said:

But Baelish lost the power of the vale because the lords of the vale are now with Jon the KitN, he have nothing to offer to Danny (Harrenhal is a destroyed castle, nothing worthy in there)

Unless I missed something, Sweet Robin didn't swear fealty to Jon, nor did any Royce or Waynwood or Hardyng or Baelish himself. Currently the Vale is in an ALLIANCE with the North, but don't mistake that for being under their rule. Baelish could end the alliance at any time.

16 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Royce and other hailed Jon KitN but their loyalty lies with Robin and who is under control of Littlefinger. North and Vale are now allies. Riverlands might join them since Freys are dead so we could have this tree regions.

18 minutes ago, Damon_Tor said:

Unless I missed something, Sweet Robin didn't swear fealty to Jon, nor did any Royce or Waynwood or Hardyng or Baelish himself. Currently the Vale is in an ALLIANCE with the North, but don't mistake that for being under their rule. Baelish could end the alliance at any time.

6 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Royce and other hailed Jon KitN but their loyalty lies with Robin and who is under control of Littlefinger. North and Vale are now allies. Riverlands might join them since Freys are dead so we could have this tree regions.

Baelish will stay with the north, he's is not interested in sliver hair, only in red hair

1 minute ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Baelish will stay with the north, he's is not interested in sliver hair, only in red hair

Vale will stay in the North along with LF. or perhaps he doesn't need them and will turn Sansa against Jon and Northerners too. Baelish wants North and he's not going to give it up just because they hailed Jon KitN. That look Sansa gave him was you were right but also she's kinda worried about Jon because she knows how dangerous LF can be. He killed or at least participated in murder of Joffrey, thrown Lysa out of Moon door. So that's only snipets of what he can do and what she knows so far.

Archived