Let's Discuss Arya's Pie Baking Logistics

Mista C

11 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

Honest question - do the logistics of how it happened even matter? 

The moment was such a rewarding one, ending with a payoff we've all wanted since season 3. 

Why not just enjoy it. 

The bigger plottywotty thing was where she got the mask from, but we don't need everything answered for a scene to make sense. 

Because Arya is renowned for her straight D's in the domestic arts department. We don't need it all answered, but those of us who appreciate good storytelling need it to ring true. Sadly, Arya baking the Frey pies does not. 

11 minutes ago, Ghosts Companion said:

The scene was rushed and felt like it was thrown together. To be honest the minute I found out it was her I could only think of one thing:

Will Jon be willing to sentence his sister to death for murder, and swing the axe himself? Or will he send her away. She is seeking revenge, but he will still see it as a crime. I foresee some major conflict if it ever make it to that point.

These are very valid questions. We got a glimpse of *new* Jon's justice when he turned Melisandre free instead of he or Davos swinging any swords.

3 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

These are very valid questions. We got a glimpse of *new* Jon's justice when he turned Melisandre free instead of he or Davos swinging any swords.

But we also saw some of Jon's "justice" when he hung those that killed him. What it means I don't know since D&D's story telling is so confused, but I needed to point it out.

16 minutes ago, Ghosts Companion said:

The scene was rushed and felt like it was thrown together. To be honest the minute I found out it was her I could only think of one thing:

Will Jon be willing to sentence his sister to death for murder, and swing the axe himself? Or will he send her away. She is seeking revenge, but he will still see it as a crime. I foresee some major conflict if it ever make it to that point.

wtf ? murder she killed the guy all the north hates, the guy who killed his king, the mother of said king and the sons and lords of many northern houses. she is a freaking hero of the north at this point. cold sick muderin' hero, but a hero!

also it would be WAY of character for him to anything to arya or for arya to do anything to jon.

Just now, bent branch said:

But we also saw some of Jon's "justice" when he hung those that killed him. What it means I don't know since D&D's story telling is so confused, but I needed to point it out.

True. I almost forgot about that.

Wait, now I'm confused. Jon hung the people that stabbed and killed him. But, he freed the woman who burned a kid alive for no actual outcome. Do you think it is because one has to do with his death and one to do with his life? Is Jon biased now? :lol:

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

True. I almost forgot about that.

Wait, now I'm confused. Jon hung the people that stabbed and killed him. But, he freed the woman who burned a kid alive for no actual outcome. Do you think it is because one has to do with his death and one to do with his life? Is Jon biased now? :lol:

Maybe?:unsure:

Once again, I felt the moment was not earned.  It was just done for shock value.  There needs to be some lead up to event for it to actually be earned.  If she can just show up at the Twins and kill three of the most important Freys, what's to stop her from just showing up in King's Landing and killing Cersei?

11 hours ago, Not a kneeler said:

She picked up Hot Pie along the way for his pie baking expertise. He baked the pie which she brought with her and just threw in the Frey bits at the last minute. Hot Pie!

The pie is actually Hot Pie in his Transformer state. She just lied and said it was Frey Pie because she can't bake.

50 minutes ago, tormund's beard said:

wtf ? murder she killed the guy all the north hates, the guy who killed his king, the mother of said king and the sons and lords of many northern houses. she is a freaking hero of the north at this point. cold sick muderin' hero, but a hero!

also it would be WAY of character for him to anything to arya or for arya to do anything to jon.

The Starks have a history of doing what is right, which will cause a conflict with it being his sister. He will be torn and I believe he will just send her off. But it can be a very interesting arc in the story.

9 minutes ago, Ghosts Companion said:

The Starks have a history of doing what is right, which will cause a conflict with it being his sister. He will be torn and I believe he will just send her off. But it can be a very interesting arc in the story.

he is a criminal, he is a kingslayer and broke the laws of hospitality he should be dead and would have if not for the lannister's backing him.

Does Arya even know how to cook? I'm assuming since she was raised a Noble Lady she A. didn't learn or B. rebelled against learning due to it being a "girl thing".

Like I'm sure this is a pointless thing to bring up but when watching that scene I was like "I know what's gonna happen and I know it's Arya but wtf when did Arya learn how to bake?"

My only problem is that if by killing just walder, black walder and Lothar, she has decimated the Freys, it makes the Northern army look weak as fuck if a girl can infiltrate their stronghold and end their family but they got slaughtered at a wedding.

Where's the rest of the Freys?????? I hope the show doesnt pretend they're eliminated now just because walder is dead. 

1 hour ago, Rubicante said:

Once again, I felt the moment was not earned.  It was just done for shock value.  There needs to be some lead up to event for it to actually be earned.  If she can just show up at the Twins and kill three of the most important Freys, what's to stop her from just showing up in King's Landing and killing Cersei?

Nothing....arya can just kill anyone. Just easy peasy.

36 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

My only problem is that if by killing just walder, black walder and Lothar, she has decimated the Freys, it makes the Northern army look weak as fuck if a girl can infiltrate their stronghold and end their family but they got slaughtered at a wedding.

Where's the rest of the Freys?????? I hope the show doesnt pretend they're eliminated now just because walder is dead. 

I find it funny back in season 3 how Robb needed the Frey army to attack Casterly Rock, yet they are now portrayed as a group of complete and incompetent morons.

10 hours ago, Count Winter said:

Intelligence is one if the assets of a good assassin, isn't it. She sails to Westeros, talks to people etc. Couldn't be too hard to find out...

Surely if she was intelligent, she wouldn't go around asking information about the Starks? That could point a target on her back. 

Arya isn't intelligent. The show has made that very clear this season - go back to the Waif attack on the bridge where Arya was stabbed. 

We just saw a finger, for all we know she killed them, cut of a finger and stuffed it in a pie already made.

The whole point of it was to break Walder mentally and then kill him, whether or not the pie was made from Frey's matters not, what matters is what Walder thought it was made of.

BUT IF she did make a whole pie of them, then yes it does border (and also crosses the border) of being ridiculous.

Archived