US elections 2016 - "Go ahead, throw your vote away"

IheartIheartTesla

2 minutes ago, Castel said:

He said he'd absolutely support her.

I thought Clinton took it but I feel like Trump is in the zone enough as an "ordinary" candidate (as opposed to days bragging about his dick) that I honestly can't say- given how close it is already- that people won't put away the doubts the attacks on his temperament have created. 

I wonder if, in a week or two, Hillary won't wonder if she should have hit him harder on his claims about ISIS or NATO and free trade and such. 

He certainly doesn't seem disastrous enough for the millenials Clinton was apparently bleeding to come back. There was no "big' moment like Trump shanking Cruz for his efforts to paint him as a fauxservative. It was more like Biden-Ryan; a few zingers but not a big shift.

Well...with less avuncular disdain maybe. 

Eh, he was asked a straightforward question, and took 2-3 full minutes of prevarication and word salad that totally contradicted his final sentence

3 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

Trump had some bad moments, especially towards the end, but I'm not sure he did enough to sink his campaign.

Definitely not. The question is what Hillary gained. History seems to show that she gains more when he absolutely disqualifies himself (and third party people aren't around) and...he didn't give her much of that. 

1 minute ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

Eh, he was asked a straightforward question, and took 2-3 full minutes of prevarication and word salad that totally contradicted his final sentence

Yeah, only once he was pressed on the issue did he say "Yeah, I'd totally support her" but it really seemed like he was going in the other direction for a while there.

1 minute ago, Durckad said:

Yeah, only once he was pressed on the issue did he say "Yeah, I'd totally support her" but it really seemed like he was going in the other direction for a while there.

Well, he was going in many other directions, actually.

2 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I don't think he did anything to sink his campaign but I don't think anything he did today will help with undecided voters. 

Yeah, I'd agree with that assessment.  I didn't think Clinton was that great either though; it was mainly just Trump going off the rails a bit at the end.  I'll be interested to see if the press declares an outright winner in the debate, and whether one of the candidates gets a bump at the polls.

8 minutes ago, Castel said:

He said he'd absolutely support her.

I thought Clinton took it but I feel like Trump is in the zone enough as an "ordinary" candidate (as opposed to days bragging about his dick) that I honestly can't say- given how close it is already- that people won't put away the doubts the attacks on his temperament have created. 

I wonder if, in a week or two, Hillary won't wonder if she should have hit him harder on his claims about ISIS or NATO and free trade or the constant claims of incompetence

He certainly doesn't seem disastrous enough for the millenials Clinton was apparently bleeding to come back. There was no "big' moment like Trump shanking Cruz for his efforts to paint him as a fauxservative. It was more like Biden-Ryan; a few zingers but not a big shift.

Well...with less avuncular disdain maybe. 

That's why the entire place laughed when he brought him having a better temperament than Clinton lol? please.

4 minutes ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

So basically like the rest of his debate. 

2 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Anyone got Sean Hannity's phone number? I'm pretty sure he's expecting my call.

:lol:

I totally made it with this girl at summer camp.... Sean Hannity was there, he will tell you. She's from out of state, you don't know her. But, like, it totally happened, ok? Just ask Sean Hannity. No one is asking Sean Hannity.

-meanwhile-

Sean Hannity, sitting by phone, waiting for that promised phone call from someone going to pick him up to go to the cool kids party *sobs*

6 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

Yeah, I'd agree with that assessment.  I didn't think Clinton was that great either though; it was mainly just Trump going off the rails a bit at the end.  I'll be interested to see if the press declares an outright winner in the debate, and whether one of the candidates gets a bump at the polls.

I dunno, I've not been the biggest Clinton fan this election, but I think she did fairly well; she was composed, cool, and had a lot of specific answers, especially next to the Donald. I think she could work on being more expressive with her face, though. 

I thought Trump had a very good start but then came apart and looked terrible and Clinton was very solid.

Hardcore Trumpers won't be swayed, of course, but for that small % of undecideds I would be shocked if this didn't move things in Clinton's direction.

11 minutes ago, Commodore said:

Holt hit Trump hard on tax returns and birther stuff, nothing for Hillary on emails or Clinton Foundation pay-to-play.

Yeah, i think its too bad because judging from this performance, she could have provided solid and reasonable answers while trump could have continued to implode

1 minute ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I'll be interested in what the reaction to any and all allies will be...while it technically means nothing, would Japan come out and say, "We're with her."

That's not a good look if they did. Foreign media maybe, but foreign government no. 

4 minutes ago, Triskan said:

I thought Trump had a very good start but then came apart and looked terrible and Clinton was very solid.

Hardcore Trumpers won't be swayed, of course, but for that small % of undecideds I would be shocked if this didn't move things in Clinton's direction.

Everyone has already made up their mind.  

Archived