Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

6 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

I think this is part of the reason why I just don't find Dany and Jon appealing.  She has had so many lovers/admirers etc. What is going to make this different or special? It is also not an internally conflicted relationship as was Jon/Ygritte (wildling/NW vow etc.). I guess I should with hold judgement until I see it; maybe they will surprise me. 

I guess you have two different and yet similiar people. Both lonely, both sharing many parallels. Their journey basically culminating to this and she basically gave up on love with Daario not sure about her feelings for others, like she doesn't know them that much. Also, it sounds she might be getting really violent next season. Jon on the other hand is grieving from Ygritte and his own death. Also, probably not expecting love. She had 2 lovers and not excessive. Admirers fair enough, but that's not her fault.

With Jon possible Targaryen heritage, how it affects them, also his KitN status, being possibly heir to iron throne and before her. It makes things interesting.

39 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I guess you have two different and yet similiar people. Both lonely, both sharing many parallels. Their journey basically culminating to this and she basically gave up on love with Daario not sure about her feelings for others, like she doesn't know them that much. Also, it sounds she might be getting really violent next season. Jon on the other hand is grieving from Ygritte and his own death. Also, probably not expecting love. She had 2 lovers and not excessive. Admirers fair enough, but that's not her fault.

With Jon possible Targaryen heritage, how it affects them, also his KitN status, being possibly heir to iron throne and before her. It makes things interesting.

If done correctly it can certainly make things interesting as you say.  I don't really have an issue with it; in fact I thought it was probably one of the more plausible things to come out from the leaks.

39 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Also, it sounds she might be getting really violent next season. 

I thought there was only one particularly questionable action of hers from the leaks I read

Spoiler

Ambush / Tarly's (though we're provided little context)

Seems like less than in previous seasons

25 minutes ago, TheSlayerofLies said:

If done correctly it can certainly make things interesting as you say.  I don't really have an issue with it; in fact I thought it was probably one of the more plausible things to come out from the leaks.

I thought there was only one particularly questionable action of hers from the leaks I read

Reveal hidden contents

Ambush / Tarly's (though we're provided little context)

Seems like less than in previous seasons

It sounded or was written that Tyrion and Varys are worried about her... for turning into Mad Queen. She might've had legitimate reasons but to them it seemed that way. Tarly's betrayed Tyrells because of sacking of Highgarden. Some caravan and they ambushed them. She gave them choice to kneel or die and then after choosing not to kneel ... she torched them off Randyll and Dickon. Basically it will make Sam heir. Also wonder how will wield Heartsbane since he took it ... and my bet is on Jorah probably.

1 hour ago, Bear Claw said:

I think this is part of the reason why I just don't find Dany and Jon appealing.  She has had so many lovers/admirers etc. What is going to make this different or special? It is also not an internally conflicted relationship as was Jon/Ygritte (wildling/NW vow etc.). I guess I should with hold judgement until I see it; maybe they will surprise me. 

It makes sense that Jon and Dany enter into a political marriage.  For me it is so cheesy and dumb that the two people with the best claim on the Iron Throne happen to fall in love.  How convenient guys.  Isn't this the sort of thing that Martin is critical of?

55 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

But all men seem to go aflutter for her - i.e. Ser Friendzone and even Tyrion.  Do we have to make Jon lovesick as well?

21 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

It sounded or was written that Tyrion and Varys are worried about her for turining into Mad Queen. She might've had legitimate reasons but to them it seemed that way. Tarly's betrayed Tyrells because of sacking of Highgarden. Some caravan and they ambushed them. She gave them choice kneel or die and then she torched them off Randyll and Dickon. Basically it will make Sam heir. Also wonder how will wield Heartsbane since he took it and my bet are on Jorah probably.

From the screenshots I gathered of his posts, I never saw anything that said they're worried about her turning into a Mad Queen.  What it said was they were worried she might not be able to control her impulses (which is ridiculous considering Tyrion saw she can last season).  And that the Tarly's burning horrified Tyrion.  Nothing about a mad queen though.  And Dany's stance actually seem fairly reasonable or at the very least understandable.  I guess we'll see.

I find it implausible that Randyll doesn't head to Oldtown to try and retrieve Heartsbane from Sam (or at least I didn't see any of this mentioned in the leaks)

5 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

But all men seem to go aflutter for her - i.e. Ser Friendzone and even Tyrion.  Do we have to make Jon lovesick as well?

Can you blame them? Bt you have two guys and with Daario three. One was lover.

It's like Jon will be impressed by someone like her after getting to know her and vice versa. He likes warrior type, strong woman and leader. Dany likes men that gave agency and not took it. Also, dude is handsome and good hearted. It was always leading up to it.

2 minutes ago, TheSlayerofLies said:

From the screenshots I gathered of his posts, I never saw anything that said they're worried about her turning into a Mad Queen.  What it said was they were worried she might not be able to control her impulses (which is ridiculous considering Tyrion saw she can last season).  And that the Tarly's burning horrified Tyrion.  Nothing about a mad queen though.  

I find it implausible that Randyll doesn't head to Oldtown to try and retrieve Heartsbane from Sam (or at least I didn't see any of this mentioned in the leaks)

Tyrion and Varys are concerned with Dany. Tyrion was even shocked because he's supposed to be there too and observes the battle. It's another thing with Targaryen madness. Remember how she torched Meereen's nobility. They played with this daughter of Aerys thing but she wwon't go mad but ruthless.

Nobody mentioned it but maybe just Sam took it and Randyll is like okay. It's D&D logic but who knows he might will try to retrieve it.

2 hours ago, Bear Claw said:

There's sure as hell gonna be some internal conflict when he learns about his parentage in S8...gonna be like Oldboy's ending, lol

On 10/30/2016 at 2:33 AM, MoIaF said:

When a Crown Princess marries it's a matter of state, so sure he could have had a secret wedding that does not make the wedding legal. Rhaegar was a prince, he would have needed permission from the king to have anpolygamous marriage. 

Wow, I dunno about that.

Is that speculation, or is that written down somewhere in Westeros that we know of?

I hope Aunty/Nephew is done right as their both pretty much the main characters of the series and I want both characters to find some real actual love like they did with their first loves. But I am a little concern since we only get 7ep this season and well...D&D, but I have faith in EC&KH acting.

@kg1982  Shes a descendant of beautiful other worldly people and as a Targaryen shes either going to be a madman/madwoman or a great leader and so far she shown more to be more of a great leader( With some mad tendencies ). Its only natural for people, and especially cause she a woman men, to be attracted to her/wanna follow her. Also from my understanding from the leaks Jon not all that impressed by Dany, so there's that to take comfort in ^_^

On 30. 10. 2016 at 7:33 AM, MoIaF said:

When a Crown Princess marries it's a matter of state, so sure he could have had a secret wedding that does not make the wedding legal. Rhaegar was a prince, he would have needed permission from the king to have anpolygamous marriage. 

It doesn't matter, not to D&D anyway. It's a matter of if they were married, Jon's got better claim and it makes interesting their relationship.

36 minutes ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

I hope Aunty/Nephew is done right as their both pretty much the main characters of the series and I want both characters to find some real actual love like they did with their first loves. But I am a little concern since we only get 7ep this season and well...D&D, but I have faith in EC&KH acting.

@kg1982  Shes a descendant of beautiful other worldly people and as a Targaryen shes either going to be a madman/madwoman or a great leader and so far she shown more to be more of a great leader( With some mad tendencies ). Its only natural for people, and especially cause she a woman men, to be attracted to her/wanna follow her. Also from my understanding from the leaks Jon not all that impressed by Dany, so there's that to take comfort in ^_^

Aunt and nehew is not even incest, not by laws of Westeros. Who says Jon and Dany can't be real love because if you do remember Hotu vision, one for love. Jon is the one person she'll choose out of love. Also tons of hints from the books. Basically there is no other option... and don't think Jon will fall for Sansa because she is his family. Funny thing that he's gonna fall in love with another family member ... he doesn't know about. Then it will make things angsty for him because conflicted about his love for Dany ... and that they're related.

At first but then grows to admire and respect one another. Even one person who took the video and pictures of that scene between them... when he came down stairs was actually done in "magical hour" it's a time in cinematography where everything is perfect, it gives that romantic vibe. Whole crew was apparently instructed to wait for right moment during sunset and for the right lightning.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

At first but then grows to admire and respect one another. Even one person who took the video and pictures of that scene between them... when he came down stairs was actually done in "magical hour" it's a time in cinematography where everything is perfect, it gives that romantic vibe. Whole crew was apparently instructed to wait for right moment during sunset and for the right lightning.

And Sebastian the Crab was dancing around and singing "Kiss the girl":D

Of course, these two were supposed to meet each other. But I assume this relationship would be a toxic one rather than happy.

6 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Can you blame them? Bt you have two guys and with Daario three. One was lover.

It's like Jon will be impressed by someone like her after getting to know her and vice versa. He likes warrior type, strong woman and leader. Dany likes men that gave agency and not took it. Also, dude is handsome and good hearted. It was always leading up to it.

Tyrion and Varys are concerned with Dany. Tyrion was even shocked because he's supposed to be there too and observes the battle. It's another thing with Targaryen madness. Remember how she torched Meereen's nobility. They played with this daughter of Aerys thing but she wwon't go mad but ruthless.

Nobody mentioned it but maybe just Sam took it and Randyll is like okay. It's D&D logic but who knows he might will try to retrieve it.

I am tired of everyone being in love with Dany, her being perfect, and all the men kneeling before her.  It makes the character insufferable in the books and even more insufferable on TV.  So no, I really don't think that she need another male admirer following her around like a puppy dog and doing whatever she says.

4 hours ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Dude gives up his title not for political purposes but because they make googly eyes at each other.  And there is nothing to suggest that Dany is a great leader.  She made a horrible mess of Meereen.  Ditto with Jon who has shown that he is sort of a huge moron.  Neither should be ruling anything.  

And I am not in favor of this dumb cliched relationship.  It is just so convenient that all the interesting political dilemmas get hand waved away because of wuv.  That seems to be the opposite of what Martin is after.

Doesn't matter. Almost every character on this show is a moron, not only Jon and Dany. Arya, Sansa, Bran, Littlefinger, Jaime, Tommen, the High Sparrow, Doran, Euron,...

Paradoxically, the most intelligent person on the show last season was probably Ramsay, followed by Cersei and Margaery, lol. OK, the good guys have still Davos and Yara.

5 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Aunt and nehew is not even incest, not by laws of Westeros. Who says Jon and Dany can't be real love because if you do remember Hotu vision, one for love. Jon is the one person she'll choose out of love. Also tons of hints from the books. Basically there is no other option... and don't think Jon will fall for Sansa because she is his family. Funny thing that he's gonna fall in love with another family member ... he doesn't know about. Then it will make things angsty for him because conflicted about his love for Dany ... and that they're related.

aunt and nephew is not incest?

well it's not as worse as if they previously knew they are but .........

32 minutes ago, lojzelote said:

Doesn't matter. Almost every character on this show is a moron, not only Jon and Dany. Arya, Sansa, Bran, Littlefinger, Jaime, Tommen, the High Sparrow, Doran, Euron,...

Paradoxically, the most intelligent person on the show last season was probably Ramsay, followed by Cersei and Margaery, lol. OK, the good guys have still Davos and Yara.

Ramsay was a moron because he should have just stayed inside of Winterfell rather than facing a battle.

25 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

aunt and nephew is not incest?

Not in Westeros. There are two uncle/niece marriages on the Stark family tree. It might gross you out, but it's no grosser in Westeros than cousin/cousin marriages. Sansa hated the idea of marrying Sweetrobin, but not because he was her cousin. Alys Karstark hated the idea of marrying someone she considered and referred to as her "uncle"--even though he was a distant cousin--but not because she thought of him as her uncle. So can we drop the idea that Jon will be repulsed by Dany upon learning that she's his aunt? There's absolutely nothing in ASOIAF to support that. 

Besides, it seems pretty clear from the leaks that Jon has no idea of his parentage in Season 7, probably because if he did, that would colour his relationship with Dany. As a Targ bastard (or worse, legitimate heir), Jon would benefit from getting Dany to fall in love with him, since he would be neutralizing Dany as a threat. As Jon Snow, who doesn't know he's anything other than Ned's bastard son, he can fall in love with Dany without there being the taint of opportunism in pursuing her. 

Eh, it's in the books. Book Jorah is infatuated with Dany, Book Tyrion has been "joking" in ADWD about offering Dany his cock and will likely fall in love with Dany once he meets her if she treats him kindly (since beauty and kindness seem to be all he requires in a woman), and there is a fair amount of Jon/Dany foreshadowing and subtext.

29 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Not in Westeros. There are two uncle/niece marriages on the Stark family tree. It might gross you out, but it's no grosser in Westeros than cousin/cousin marriages. Sansa hated the idea of marrying Sweetrobin, but not because he was her cousin. Alys Karstark hated the idea of marrying someone she considered and referred to as her "uncle"--even though he was a distant cousin--but not because she thought of him as her uncle. So can we drop the idea that Jon will be repulsed by Dany upon learning that she's his aunt? There's absolutely nothing in ASOIAF to support that. 

Besides, it seems pretty clear from the leaks that Jon has no idea of his parentage in Season 7, probably because if he did, that would colour his relationship with Dany. As a Targ bastard (or worse, legitimate heir), Jon would benefit from getting Dany to fall in love with him, since he would be neutralizing Dany as a threat. As Jon Snow, who doesn't know he's anything other than Ned's bastard son, he can fall in love with Dany without there being the taint of opportunism in pursuing her. 

Eh, it's in the books. Book Jorah is infatuated with Dany, Book Tyrion has been "joking" in ADWD about offering Dany his cock and will likely fall in love with Dany once he meets her if she treats him kindly (since beauty and kindness seem to be all he requires in a woman), and there is a fair amount of Jon/Dany foreshadowing and subtext.

Yeah.  Not a fan of book Dany either because of this.  She comes off as too Mary Sue for my liking.  Her Book 1 arc is cool but the rest of her arc is just people worshippin her perfection.  Martin thinks this is somehow feminist literature rather than male wish fulfillment.  Give me a character like Yara or even Cersei over Dany anyday.

well in the show they haven't established the cousin marriages between Ned's parents and Alys doesn't appear. The only time I can recall of cousin marriages is between Robin and Sansa and I don't know if Tywin and Joanna mentioned they were cousins in the show. So in showverse is not as common. 

I don't like Jonerys, but wouldn't be against it if they fall in love before knowing it. However, that doesn't change the fact that I think Jon would consider it to be incest and have some issues later. And I think they know viewers would consider it as incest, no matter if they are in love or not.,

Anyway, this show is always talking bad about incest between siblings (Targaryen and Lannister) so what I really think won't happen (not even politically) is Jonsa.

Archived