Am I The Only One Around Here Who V.2

siyxx

No, you're probably not. I think I read somewhere that third-person limited is his favorite POV. Haven't read any of his works outside the ASOIAF universe though so I can't verify if he's used it before. Medieval romance may well have been part of the reason he chose it for this series in particular though.

AITOOAHW thinks Dorne is probably worthy of its on spin-off/soap opera?

No. Although I think the Lannisters are the most soap operaish family. :D

AITOOAHW thinks Catelyn's issue with Jon is not that Ned cheated on her, but the fact that he's a threat to her kids and that Ned is insulting her by raising him alongside her own children?

No, you're not I believe the same thing. I think there is even a line in the books where Catelyn thinks something along the lines of "many men father bastards" and that she wouldn't have had such a big problem with Jon, if Ned had decided to have him fostered elsewhere. I don't have the books with me right now so I can't check. I'm probably one of the few Jon fans who likes Catelyn and doesn't hold her behaviour against her. 

Am I the only one around here who would really like to read or watch a few scenes of Robert's small council with the composition it had before the story started? I think it could be a nice sitcom. We'd have Stannis and Renly in the council and constantly disagreeing with each other, LF and Varys plotting against each other and everyone else and Jon Arryn trying to get everyone to work together. 

Well I'm not from the US, but I've heard that some people had the same problem. However, I know for whom I would vote, if I were an US citizen. 

Am I the only one around here who's spend some time wondering what kind of jobs and lives the ASOIAF characters would have, if they lived in our world? 

On 11/7/2016 at 5:00 PM, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

<snip

Am I the only one around here who was/is unsure who they would vote for US president until they actually cast the vote?

Nope. Had some idea but wasn't sure. The only thing I was certain of was who I wouldn't vote for.

7 hours ago, Joy Hill said:

<snip

Am I the only one around here who compares characters of books I'm reading/movies I'm watching to ASOIAF characters ?

I definitely do that too.

AITOOAHW is actually looking forward to the Wall falling?

No. I look forward to it as well. Especially if it falls down on Bowen Marsh :P

Am I the only one around here who spoiled one of the major shocking moments for herself by reading a wiki article or browsing in the forum? I spoiled the Red Wedding for me by reading Catelyn's Wiki article. 

No, I spoiled myself the red wedding and FAegon too. I don't mind that I did. 

Am I the only one around here who loved the mysterious one eared tomcat of the red keep and was convinced that it is actually Balerion, Princess Rhaenys'a black kitten? 

I am fully onboard with the Balerion theory. Something had to happen to the cat. Though how old would it be by AGoT? 15? 16? How old do domestic cats live?

@Lady Blizzardborn I'm glad I am not the only one who had doubts about the candidates. Could not get fully in the corner of any of them.

@Lady of Whisperers I definitely spoiled the red wedding and purple wedding through my reading of the wiki. Though the red wedding was still horrifying to read about.

Am I the only one around here who gets sick when they think about a bowl of brown?

No. :stillsick: 

re Cats : according to google, the average lifespan of a common cat is 12-5 years. This is, however, hardly a common cat, it's a Targaryen cat named after the most dreaded dragon of all times. In addition, cats have 9 lives. It is known. 

Am I the only one around here who thinks Davos and his wife seem to be the best parents in the series? 

I'm not sure about Davos. Technically, he led his older sons to their death and he's an absentee father to their younger sons (not that I blame him, but I'd hesitate to give him a father of the year award). His wife might be the best parent in the series.

Am I the only one around here who kind of wants Roose Bolton (and Fat Walda) to survive the series?

Agreed with Joy on Davos -  he's a great guy, but not exactly a very good father. He admits himself he doesn't really know his younger sons at all. Way better than many others though.

@Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer I agree about the bowl of brown.

About the candidates though, today is truly a sad day.

1 hour ago, Joy Hill said:

I'm not sure about Davos. Technically, he led his older sons to their death and he's an absentee father to their younger sons (not that I blame him, but I'd hesitate to give him a father of the year award). His wife might be the best parent in the series.

Am I the only one around here who kind of wants Roose Bolton (and Fat Walda) to survive the series?

I would want Fat Walda but not so sure about Roose. Though he just might because.....

AITOOAH who rather likes the crackpot theory that Roose might be a vampire? :P

Many people like this theory. As for me, I seem to rarely think of characters as vampires. I was puzzled when people said Snape was a vampire, and I'm puzzled with the idea that Roose is a vampire. But I like to imagine how happy Roose and all the other Westerosi vampires will be with the long night.:P

Am I the only one around here who was unimpressed with the "chaos is a ladda" speech?

No, I know that many people didn't like that speech. I personally found it ok, not particulary great, but not completely bad either. 

Am I the only one around here who thinks that Tywin is overrated (both by parts of the fandom and the people of Westeros)? 

There would be many who would disagree with you. I however, would like to know by what metric is he overrated.

In his ability to win a war, he is not invincible, but is quite good at it.

Some characters and portions of the fandom might view him in the same way as a force of nature, and yes they are overrating him.

So yes and no to your question.

AITOOAHW wonders how the story would have progressed had Jon Arryn remained alive?

Hmmm... would the story have gone anywhere if he'd lived, I wonder?

AITOOAHW...

Still gets shudders from Cersei's fingering of Taena in a Feast for Crows? I know it was the intention but it's just sexual harassment and... creepy, how she goes from pleasuring to hurting her. So... chilling... *shudder*

Well, it's not very well written I agree, but it's a good window into Cersei's messed up psychology - she so badly wants to have a penis, to know what it would be like to be a man, a king.........so she tries to hurt Taena the way Robert used to hurt her I guess.

All four of the main Lannisters we meet in the books have a really fucked up sexuality.

AITOOAH who thinks there's a good chance Stannis might become the Night's King and lead the Others?

I actually never heard nor thought of this theory before. He wouldn't be my candidate for NK, but it's an interesting idea.

6 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

All four of the main Lannisters we meet in the books have a really fucked up sexuality.

Well, minor Lannisters like Kevan and Genna seem to have healthy sexualities.

AITOOAHW is a little annoyed that while most major male characters are average looking (like 90% of people in the real world), major female characters are either super hot or super ugly?

1 hour ago, Joy Hill said:

I actually never heard nor thought of this theory before. He wouldn't be my candidate for NK, but it's an interesting idea.

Well, minor Lannisters like Kevan and Genna seem to have healthy sexualities.

AITOOAHW is a little annoyed that while most major male characters are average looking (like 90% of people in the real world), major female characters are either super hot or super ugly?

re: Do we really know that? We don't actually know next to nothing about Kevan's sexuality and even less about Genna's. 

You're not the only one, I've noticed that, too, and it is a bit annoying.

In connection with that, AITOOAH who's annoyed that most of the men in ASOAIF who are supposed to be super attractive are jerks of some type or other?

Archived