Am I The Only One Around Here Who V.2

siyxx

LF used her and then offed her. Granted, if he hadn't killed her, she would have killed Sansa. She doesn't seem a terribly nice person, even apart from being half-mad; but she wasn't treated very well either. So I can see feeling some sympathy for her, or perhaps more pity.

Am I ... who finds himself rooting for both Stannis AND Daenerys? Even though they both burn people and S resorts to black magic.

Did you ninja me ;) 

But, no you're not I root for both of them as well, despite the fact that most Stannis lovers seem to hate Dany and vice versa. 

Am I the only the around here who wouldn't be bothered if we don't get the answer to some of the mysteries? 

2 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Did you ninja me ;) 

But, no you're not I root for both of them as well, despite the fact that most Stannis lovers seem to hate Dany and vice versa. 

Am I the only the around here who wouldn't be bothered if we don't get the answer to some of the mysteries? 

Well they are both competing for the same thing.

19 minutes ago, Wrl6199 said:

Well they are both competing for the same thing.

I guess I'm a bit odd in that regard: 

I like both Jon and Dany, even though most Jon fans hate Dany and vice versa. 

I like Catelyn despite being a Jon fan. 

And well I also like Stannis and Dany. 

31 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I guess I'm a bit odd in that regard: 

I like both Jon and Dany, even though most Jon fans hate Dany and vice versa. 

I like Catelyn despite being a Jon fan. 

And well I also like Stannis and Dany. 

Well i mean i wouldn't say its to strange. There both good characters.

4 hours ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

No, I agree that some of the mysteries are better left as just that, mysteries. Knowing the answers to everything, I think, would take away from the intrigue and mystique of the series.

Am I the only one around here who doesn't understand why Lion, Wolf, Dragon, and Other, can't all just get along?

https://youtu.be/W5FfJ89rGPc?t=30

11 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

No, I agree that some of the mysteries are better left as just that, mysteries. Knowing the answers to everything, I think, would take away from the intrigue and mystique of the series.

Am I the only one around here who doesn't understand why Lion, Wolf, Dragon, and Other, can't all just get along?

https://youtu.be/W5FfJ89rGPc?t=30

Yes, because don't you know Planetos has not invented squirt bottles or newspapers yet to keep these kits and cubs inline when they act naughty???:whip:

(and now I have that song stuck in my head :lol:)

AITOOAH who wants the epilogue to be about 13 years in the future and we see a blossomed Lady Ermesande smack a Lannister for marrying her off while she was still a babe at the breast?

4 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Yes, because don't you know Planetos has not invented squirt bottles or newspapers yet to keep these kits and cubs inline when they act naughty???:whip:

:P 

(and now I have that song stuck in my head :lol:)

https://youtu.be/7edeOEuXdMU?t=7  :devil: 

AITOOAH who wants the epilogue to be about 13 years in the future and we see a blossomed Lady Ermesande smack a Lannister for marrying her off while she was still a babe at the breast?

To expand on Leech's wonderful thought, AITOOAH who would like to see Lady Ermesande take back hold onto House Hayford, and change her words to "Smack a Lannister"?

No.....you have me for company, at the very least :P I've often wondered how most the noble ladies of Westeros manage to be so stunning. Nobody seems to have pimples, a bad hair day, etc.....and I don't quite recall if we hear of waxing techniques, plucking eyebrows and stuff? 

Re Lady Ermesande - I would love to see that ! :laugh:

AITOOAH who thinks Jaime is the wittiest character of the series? (way more than Tyrion, whose humor I usually find too crude)

I wouldn't say the wittiest, but I agree he is wittier than Tyrion. 

(I think Selyse is said to pluck her moustache daily and Arya tells Jon that girls don't shave, Jon replies that maybe they should and asks if Arya has seen Septa Mordane's legs, and there are a couple more mentions of body hair in the Jaime/Brienne bath scene, Cersei's walk of shame scenes, at least these are the ones I can remember) 

am I the only one around here who         likes Fat Walda and thinks she and Roose Bolton make a hilarious couple? 

On 11/4/2016 at 3:24 PM, Lady of Whisperers said:

<snip

Am I the only one around here who wished he had more Dorne chapters? 

I think this question got skipped. No, you're not alone. There's actually a lovely contingent of Dorne fans around here who would adore more chapters set there.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

<snip
...the only one around here who         likes Fat Walda and thinks she and Roose Bolton make a hilarious couple? 

Nope. They're actually one of the most popular couples. Westeros' most unlikely love story, and one of the best marriages in the entire series.

AITOOAHW doesn't watch each season of the show until it comes out on DVD?

I don't know, but probably not. I watched the first two seasons on DVD, but don't know how legal the DVDs were. The remaining seasons I watched in the flames of R'hllor. (I think I just made R'hllor sound like a troll.)

Am I .. who wonders what everyone will talk about when or if the books are completed?  Althhough, to put it in perspective, people were still finding things to say about Tolkien's books decades after he died, and there'll still be plenty to say about the books as literature. But no one will be able to theorize whether Hot Pie is a secret Targ who's being warged by Zizzer zo Zuzz in order to conceal the fact that Arthur Dayne is Sansa's father anymore. Eek.

You underestimate people. Only because the books are over (if they ever are, which I seriously doubt), people will still theorize crap they think is between the lines, they will still interprete every word differently and they will still debate whether or not this or that character is a psychopath. 

Am I the only one around here who doesn't think we will find out about the answer to the question above because the books will not be finished? 

No, I know that there are quite many people who believe that, though I'm not one of them. I believe that GRRM will finish the series. 

Am I the only one around here who actually likes Sam as a character and enjoys reading his chapters( except for the awful sex scene)? I think he's a very realistic character and can sympathise with him. 

Absolutely not. He's not one of my favourites but I like him, and I don't get why so many people dislike his chapters. I'm excited about his future Citadel chapters in Winds. I could have lived without his sex scene though ( I was relatively okay with fat pink mast, it's funny and shows the awkwardness of a teenager having sex for the first time. What really, really turned me off was the breastmilk part).

Am I the only one around here who hopes to see more of Genna ?

No, you're not I would love to see more of her. She's a really interestig character. 

And yes I'm really getting excited about the Citadel plotline.

Am I the only one around here who would like to see more of Tycho Nestoris in the books? I find his character really interesting and his interactions with Jon and Stannis were fun to read. 

He's the chap who brought Theon and Jeyne to Stannis's camp, yes? (Checks; yes). It hadn't occurred to me; but I do like his dialogue. But then, I like several characters' dialogue.

And I also have a horrible feeling the books might not get finished.

Am I ... who wonders how GRRM came up with the POV structure, and if he was influenced by mediaeval romance (Malory, etc.), which has a similar-ish structure?

Archived