US Elections 2016

davos

19 minutes ago, Red Hermit said:

I think there are a fair amount of people who are willing to give Trump a chance when he promises tax cuts, more entitlements, more defense spending, jobs, and a balanced budget.  Doesn't make logical sense but there it is. 

This was McCain message in 08 and Romney in 12. And you left out more wars and more immigration. Look at what Trump's differences are.

Just now, Tempra said:

So did the gaslighting of the American electorate by the media about Trump's chances of winning the past 6 weeks depress Clinton's voters or energize Trump's?

Looks like the latter, but maybe both?

5 minutes ago, zelticgar said:

This is the American Brexit. 

Mate, this is miles worse.

I voted remain and I think leaving the EU is a terrible idea but there are valid reasons to dislike the EU and if you value sovereignty over economic performance you could choose leave. Trump has pretty much no redeeming features whatsoever. I just can't see any reason why you'd pick him to be the US President.

Just now, Mæster said:

It's still not yet 60% in WI nor 50% in MI. Surely there's hope?

There is. I think Clinton can still win both; albeit in very close squeakers. But ya'll should probably just ignore me, turns out I've been entirely too bullish for the Dems.

1 minute ago, Tempra said:

So did the gaslighting of the American electorate by the media about Trump's chances of winning the past 6 weeks depress Clinton's voters or energize Trump's?

Probably just massive confirmation bias. This was very much a "in power" vs. "out of power" election. Time to swap chairs.

29 minutes ago, Frog Eater said:

Its not a vote FOR Trump, it's a vote against the corrupt Clinton machine

That doesn't appear to be accurate. People don't as a rule vote more than  they ever have against candidates. They do it because they genuinely favor theirs.

Just now, KiDisaster said:

This is fucking terrifying. I feel physically sick. 

Same. I'm going to bed. Can't take this shit. 

Great news is I get to wake up tomorrow and see smiling laughing racist sexist assholes gloating everywhere I fucking look.  Fuck this country.

Archived