NFL 2016 Week 13: Bigger, Stronger, Faster to IR

Mr. Chatywin et al.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

In all seriousness, have we gotten to the point where we can judge that Wilson is better than Luck? I think they're in year 5 now, and so far I think it's pretty clear which of the two one would rather have. You can argue perhaps that Luck when healthy is better, but he's not been healthy nearly as often. 

Just because it's relevant. Right now it is 2nd and 32 for the Colts following a hold, a sack, and a false start.

Earlier this year there was a 3rd and 45.

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Just because it's relevant. Right now it is 2nd and 32 for the Colts following a hold, a sack, and a false start.

Earlier this year there was a 3rd and 45.

So who do you think is better Wilson or luck? I mean obviously though you cant blame all that stuff on luck. But going for a 2nd and 32nd to a 3rd and 45.

The Washington Post did a story that attempted to explain how the Jeff Fischer extension isn't terrible.  But the case for Jeff Fischer is incredibly weak.  It basically boils down to "the NFC West was incredibly good from 2012-2015".  Which is just about the lamest excuse I've ever heard for an NFL head coach.  And totally ignores the fact that in 2016 the NFC West is actually way down, with SF a complete dumpsterfire and Arizona below .500. 

The only other argument for Fischer the article can muster is that he is having some success in developing defensive talent.  Which actually doesn't strike me as particularly true, since the Rams defense in 2016 is currently ranked 15th on FO and they're 15th in points allowed this year.  More accurate would be that Fischer has taken a huge treasure trove of picks from the RG3 trade (as well as the Rams actual picks from 2012-2015) and they got Aaron Donald.  There are no other standouts on the team. 

He also has plenty of misses in Brian Quick, Janoris Jenkins (not resigned), Tavon Austin, and Greg Robinson.  That is four first/second round picks between 2012-2014 that were complete failures. 

So it seems to me that if you "look beyond the record" with Jeff Fischer, it is just more of the same.  Fisher is like the opposite of Marty Schottenheimer, everyone in the organization likes him and so nobody will admit that he sucks. 

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

So it seems to me that if you "look beyond the record" with Jeff Fischer, it is just more of the same. 

So outside of mustache appearance and care, mediocrity fits that dude like a glove!

18 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I started Marty Bennette in Experts league and left Dwayne Allen on my bench. I am going to finish probably 15 to 20 points short of being safe from elimination.

I think I may have the all-time bad beat fantasy story.

In a win and in game for the playoffs, I was up 27 points going into Monday night. My opponent had one player remaining. I'm sure you can guess who my opponents one remaining player, and his projected 4.68 points, was.

7 minutes ago, sperry said:

In a win and in game for the playoffs, I was up 27 points going into Monday night. My opponent had one player remaining. I'm sure you can guess who my opponents one remaining player, and his projected 4.68 points, was.

You have my sympathies.

Meanwhile, it doesn't look like Dqwell Jackson's concussion he suffered last night will make him miss any games, the suspension for PEDs will take care of that.

Boomer Esiason and Kevin Harlan Call Two Idiots Running Onto the Field on MNF

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/its-time-again-to-listen-to-kevin-harlan-call-play-by-p-1789714315?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

"They're actually hitting harder than the Jets Defense"

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

The Washington Post did a story that attempted to explain how the Jeff Fischer extension isn't terrible.  But the case for Jeff Fischer is incredibly weak.  It basically boils down to "the NFC West was incredibly good from 2012-2015".  Which is just about the lamest excuse I've ever heard for an NFL head coach.  And totally ignores the fact that in 2016 the NFC West is actually way down, with SF a complete dumpsterfire and Arizona below .500. 

The only other argument for Fischer the article can muster is that he is having some success in developing defensive talent.  Which actually doesn't strike me as particularly true, since the Rams defense in 2016 is currently ranked 15th on FO and they're 15th in points allowed this year.  More accurate would be that Fischer has taken a huge treasure trove of picks from the RG3 trade (as well as the Rams actual picks from 2012-2015) and they got Aaron Donald.  There are no other standouts on the team. 

He also has plenty of misses in Brian Quick, Janoris Jenkins (not resigned), Tavon Austin, and Greg Robinson.  That is four first/second round picks between 2012-2014 that were complete failures. 

So it seems to me that if you "look beyond the record" with Jeff Fischer, it is just more of the same.  Fisher is like the opposite of Marty Schottenheimer, everyone in the organization likes him and so nobody will admit that he sucks. 

Following up on this and the "amazing stats" conversation from earlier -- I forget where I read this, but Tom Brady was 17 years old when Jeff Fisher first got a head coaching job in the NFL, and now has something like 23 career wins more than Fisher.

8 hours ago, sperry said:

This is older, but in Peyton's record breaking year, I had Thomas, Decker, Julius, Moreno, and Prater (so all the points).  I missed first round bye in my league because I switched Tom Brady for Tony Romo in 3 minutes before the Cowboys/Broncos game because I was afraid Tony would throw a bunch of picks against Denver's pass rush, so I started Tom Brady in a bad matchup.  Tom Brady put up 12 points.  Tony Romo 45. I lost in the first round of the playoffs by 2 points because I didn't have that bye and Denver had a "meh" performance (I would have won the other side of the bracket by 40). Had I won that one game, my closest matchup the remainder of the playoffs would have been a win by 80.

10 hours ago, TickleMyToes said:

Lol what the actual fuck? That....is a weird thing to be happy about with their record. 

Totally.  Having a badass punt team and bragging about it is inadvertantly bringing attention to one's dependence on punting.  

Archived