NFL 2016 Week 13: Bigger, Stronger, Faster to IR

Mr. Chatywin et al.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Will anyone ever have Fisher's staying power in the league as currently constituted???

I suppose I should just be thankful to Fisher for allowing San Francisco to have one win this year.  :dunno: 

Marvin Lewis is almost assuredly destined for the same career arc.  He's already basically completed the Jeff Fisher Titan's era.  After he gets fired, he will probably land a bad gig, and put in 3 bad seasons, at which point he'll be done.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Funny stat time:

Yesterday, the Atlanta Falcons scored more TDs in Los Angeles than the Rams have in 21 years. 

Romo gives them a better chance to win, assuming he's healthy. I'm not sure that Dak can win them a game verses a playoff team if Zeke gets stuffed. Dak has less than 500 passing yards in his last three games combined. 

"Assuming" is the key there. I don't believe he will ever be "healthy" with his back issue and I think he's too stubborn to change his game. His game has always been to look downfield first and make his progressions to intermediate and then short reads. Doing this has made his effective with the deep ball but prone to taking big hits. Over the years he's been magical with avoiding pressure and looking to throw but that led to a broken collar bone last season against the Eagles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMio5kGw_kQ

and then again vs Carolina https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwApt2zutGo

This year in a PRE-SEASON game vs Seattle he tried to run for a first down and got his back broken 

He seems incapable of just taking a sack and living to see another down, like Peyton Manning did last season. Also, I don't think even a healthy Tony Romo can win a playoff if the running game gets stuffed. He has always needed a good running game to win

7 minutes ago, Triskan said:

There's got to be some arcane contract thing that explains why Fisher got that extension and then got fired so quickly, right?  

What's really strange is that it was done before the season and they waited to announce it when in the midst of an epic 1-8 meltdown featuring classic Fisher coaching blunders aplenty. This is some shit the Browns wouldn't even do...

4 hours ago, sperry said:

Tony Romo is a lot better than Dak. They'd be smart to go back to him.

That's a losing situation for Romo.  Go in there, lose somehow that isn't his fault and all any talking head says is, "See... never should have changed from Dak!"

So if you were the Patriots, would you rather play the Ravens or the Steelers in the playoffs? When they gave up the 14 points in under 2 minutes, I assumed that the Patriots decided that they'd rather play the Ravens in January, but then they started playing well again.

10 hours ago, Rockroi said:

JOHN FOX! YES!  

It can't be Rex or Lewis- both are going to be fired.  

And it can't be McCarthy or Kubiak- both have rings.  

But John Fox could do it!  I just don't think he'll have Fisher's staying power.  

Marvin will not be fired.

Mike Brown doesn't pay people not to work, and Marv has another year on his contract. 

7 hours ago, Altherion said:

So if you were the Patriots, would you rather play the Ravens or the Steelers in the playoffs? When they gave up the 14 points in under 2 minutes, I assumed that the Patriots decided that they'd rather play the Ravens in January, but then they started playing well again.

I expect a lot of Punt fielding drills this week. The score was a lot closer then what truly went on in the game.

9 hours ago, Altherion said:

Would rather see the Ravens, 10/10. Would rather see both of them in the playoffs than the Giants in the Super Bowl.

But it's always nice to see them beat the Ravens. Too bad this was a home game, though, because otherwise they should have left Cyrus Jones behind. 

4 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Would rather see the Ravens, 10/10. Would rather see both of them in the playoffs than the Giants in the Super Bowl.

But it's always nice to see them beat the Ravens. Too bad this was a home game, though, because otherwise they should have left Cyrus Jones behind. 

I'ld rather see the Steelers. Despite being 8-1 against the Ravens in the regular season. The Pats are 2-2 in the playoffs. One of those wins however came off a missed game winning field goal for the Ravens.

8 minutes ago, Lord Lyman said:

I'ld rather see the Steelers. Despite being 8-1 against the Ravens in the regular season. The Pats are 2-2 in the playoffs. One of those wins however came off a missed game winning field goal for the Ravens.

I assume you are referring to the 2011 AFCCG.  That was a game tying field goal which would have sent it to overtime.  But on the previous play Evans had the game winning touchdown knocked out of his hands. 

18 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I assume you are referring to the 2011 AFCCG.  That was a game tying field goal which would have sent it to overtime.  But on the previous play Evans had the game winning touchdown knocked out of his hands. 

Yeah, that one.

Archived