TTTNE (v.468) AB I - a title of one's own

HexMachina

8 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Same for me, except now it's making an alcohol-fueled comeback.

Oh dear :P What's going on?

Poor carnival... oh hey! One of my orders that never arrived is stuck in the Netherlands, could it be that the DPD people who were supposed to send it on are also drunk and carnivaling? :idea: 

Nothing. That's pretty much the point. 

If buckwheat agrees too it's truly high damn time to announce those stupid titles... it's half an hour, come on. 

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

Invent them. It is your duty as a democratically elected leader of TTTNE.

Forcing nicknames upon others is the work of a dictator. We have freed you from such tyranny. Now you are free to choose your own nicknames!

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

I don't have them, I'm afraid. I mean, I'm sure I have lots, but probably not the ones you want.

I suggest changing your title to "[Name] [Title] Real title TBA" in the meantime. 

Aren't you in touch with your co-ruler so that you could procure them if needed? 

7 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Invent them. It is your duty as a democratically elected leader of TTTNE.

:agree: 

4 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Forcing nicknames upon others is the work of a dictator. We have freed you from such tyranny. Now you are free to choose your own nicknames!

We did. We sent them to rocksniffer. Still waiting for them to be announced. 

2 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

I don't have them, I'm afraid. I mean, I'm sure I have lots, but probably not the ones you want.

I suggest changing your title to "[Name] [Title] Real title TBA" in the meantime. 

HelenaExMachina, Brooding Bitch of the Barbarian North, Purveyor of Pleasures, Denizen of Darkness, Keeper of the Second Level of Hell.

TBC...

Eta: see Buck, this is why you dont as me to run :lol: 

The thread right now. Or the shadow that's left of it.

let's talk about tv shows. What should I watch? I caught up with the blacklist and Vikings is over. I watched Frontier and PLL won't be out till April. I tried that weird Dirk Somebody holistic detective thing with Elijah Wood but it was so annoyingly stupid that I gave up after 20 minutes. I also tried Reign but it was so annoyingly unauthentic that I gave up after 20 minutes. How To Get Away With Murder was a cheap copy after the Good Wife and I gave up after 5 episodes. Now I'm rewatching House MD but as much as I love House and as much as the show makes me laugh, it makes me freakishly paranoid and hypochondriac. 

Any recommendations? You all must know what kind of shit I like by now. 

15 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Poor carnival... oh hey! One of my orders that never arrived is stuck in the Netherlands, could it be that the DPD people who were supposed to send it on are also drunk and carnivaling? :idea: 

Nothing. That's pretty much the point. 

If buckwheat agrees too it's truly high damn time to announce those stupid titles... it's half an hour, come on. 

Not unlikely :P 

Well, can you... change something?

6 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Any recommendations? You all must know what kind of shit I like by now. 

I really don't, you've shat on so many classics that I don't know if I can trust you with recommendations anymore. But Orphan Black and Black Mirror are probably my two favorite ongoing shows. Or are you looking for one genre in particular?

Did Rhae just say she stopped watching Dirk Gently? Pfft, no taste whatsoever! :lol: 

Also, I've bo idea how you made it to the end of Vikings this season :P 

As for what you could try; Wolf Hall. Its like the Tudors without Michael Hirst's grubby touch ruining things.

Did you watch Stranger Things?

The Expanse is really good sci-fi. S1 was a Bit confusing but its intentional and it all comes together in the end.

iZombie is a fun show that isnt too serious.

Crazy Ex-Girlfirend is a great comedy with musical numbers.

Unrbeakable Kimmy Schmidt is another fun comedy. Titus is hilarious.

Big Little Lies is supposed to be a compelling mess so its probably right up my street and I'll be watching that.

Sense8.

8 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Not unlikely :P 

Well, can you... change something?

I really don't, you've shat on so many classics that I don't know if I can trust you with recommendations anymore. But Orphan Black and Black Mirror are probably my two favorite ongoing shows. Or are you looking for one genre in particular?

I'm trying... 

Goodness me I know I have a funny taste in shows and movies, but it's really not that bad! :eek: I usually prefer adventure/drama but I'm actually pretty open to all genres of the show is good. Comedy is the only territory I don't usually venture into because my shitty sense of humor just doesn't get comedies. I haven't heard of the black mirror, might check that out. 

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Did Rhae just say she stopped watching Dirk Gently? Pfft, no taste whatsoever! :lol: 

Also, I've bo idea how you made it to the end of Vikings this season :P 

As for what you could try; Wolf Hall. Its like the Tudors without Michael Hirst's grubby touch ruining things.

Did you watch Stranger Things?

The Expanse is really good sci-fi. S1 was a Bit confusing but its intentional and it all comes together in the end.

iZombie is a fun show that isnt too serious.

Crazy Ex-Girlfirend is a great comedy with musical numbers.

Unrbeakable Kimmy Schmidt is another fun comedy. Titus is hilarious.

Big Little Lies is supposed to be a compelling mess so its probably right up my street and I'll be watching that.

Sense8.

Dirk Gently is supposed to be good? God help us. 

Neither do I, it was atrociously bad. 

And yes I did watch stranger things and Ioved it. See, I'm not that bad. 

Will check out wolf blood and sense8, thanks! 

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Indeed; I just finished watching it tonight, and it's fantastic! Better than the BBC version, which was decent but far too grounded in reality. As I recall the book Dirk had a rather more forceful personality, but that's not a problem if you judge the series on its own merits. It takes a lot longer than 20 minutes for everything to start making sense, but in the end it seems to come together remarkably well.

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I'm trying... 

Goodness me I know I have a funny taste in shows and movies, but it's really not that bad! :eek: I usually prefer adventure/drama but I'm actually pretty open to all genres of the show is good. Comedy is the only territory I don't usually venture into because my shitty sense of humor just doesn't get comedies. I haven't heard of the black mirror, might check that out. 

Dirk Gently is supposed to be good? God help us. 

Neither do I, it was atrociously bad. 

Will check out wolf blood and sense8, thanks! 

*Wolf Hall, not blood. It would probaby bw my first recommendation for you.

Also Westworld

3 hours ago, felice said:

Indeed; I just finished watching it tonight, and it's fantastic! Better than the BBC version, which was decent but far too grounded in reality. As I recall the book Dirk had a rather more forceful personality, but that's not a problem if you judge the series on its own merits. It takes a lot longer than 20 minutes for everything to start making sense, but in the end it seems to come together remarkably well.

I havent actually read the books (*gasp*) but i thought the TV series was so funny and whimsical yet still had a really interesting plot.

Plus,i always think its tricky to have a time travel plot that makes sense

I'll get around to the books one day, probably

6 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I'm trying... 

Then I'm staying with what I already recommended. There's a hundred shows that I've already finished that I'd love to recommend but once I go down that road I'd be typing for an hour.

You did? :blink: There may be hope for you yet...

Also, @HelenaExMachina, just watched another Downton...

Spoiler

Sybil :crying: 

Dirk Gently is one of my favorite books and I'm scared to watch the show because I'm worried I'll hate it. When I read the premise it sounded like they tried to make it more like Dr. Who and I am not a fan of that show (Yes I know Douglas Adams got the idea for the book when he was working on Dr. Who but still :P) I love Elijah Wood though. 

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

*Wolf Hall, not blood. It would probaby bw my first recommendation for you.

Also Westworld

I havent actually read the books (*gasp*) but i thought the TV series was so funny and whimsical yet still had a really interesting plot.

Reveal hidden contents

Plus,i always think its tricky to have a time travel plot that makes sense

I'll get around to the books one day, probably

Right, wolf hall, sorry. 

Will check these out over the weekend. 

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Then I'm staying with what I already recommended. There's a hundred shows that I've already finished that I'd love to recommend but once I go down that road I'd be typing for an hour.

You did? :blink: There may be hope for you yet...

Reveal hidden contents

Sybil :crying: 

I did! I have no idea why you all think my movie opinions are so horrible! *offended pout* O.O 

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

Wolf Hall was amazing. Those are some books you should read btw. Could picture Rhae finding it boring though :lol: 

There it is again. I don't have a bad taste in movies! :lol: 

Archived