TTTNE (v.468) AB I - a title of one's own

HexMachina

1 hour ago, KiDisaster said:

Dirk Gently is one of my favorite books and I'm scared to watch the show because I'm worried I'll hate it. When I read the premise it sounded like they tried to make it more like Dr. Who and I am not a fan of that show (Yes I know Douglas Adams got the idea for the book when he was working on Dr. Who but still :P) I love Elijah Wood though. 

I hate Dr. Who but loved this. I think i recall someone mentioning its only a loose adaptation but not sure on that, probably ask felice.

Elijah wood is great in it

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

Wolf Hall was amazing. Those are some books you should read btw. Could picture Rhae finding it boring though :lol: 

Yeah my list of books to read is tidiculous. Will probaly wait till she has the third book out

12 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:
  Hide contents

:bawl:

:bawl: Sybbie

4 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I hate Dr. Who but loved this. I think i recall someone mentioning its only a loose adaptation but not sure on that, probably ask felice.

Elijah wood is great in it

The main thing that irked me was that he's described as a "time traveling detective". Time travel happens in the books but it's definitely not a major component of his character by any stretch of the imagination. But those descriptions can be way off sometimes. 

I know Elijah is playing an original character who was created for the show. I'm fine with that sort of thing and the plot being a loose adaptation, I just hope it keeps the same tone and feel from the books. It's on my list to eventually watch. 

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It's nominally a sequel rather than an adaptation, with a couple of throwaway references to book events. The people behind this show are far more competent than those making a mess of Doctor Who - somebody please shoot Chibnall and put Max Landis in charge!

1 hour ago, KiDisaster said:

The main thing that irked me was that he's described as a "time traveling detective". Time travel happens in the books but it's definitely not a major component of his character by any stretch of the imagination. But those descriptions can be way off sometimes.

I know Elijah is playing an original character who was created for the show. I'm fine with that sort of thing and the plot being a loose adaptation, I just hope it keeps the same tone and feel from the books. It's on my list to eventually watch. 

Yes, that description is way off. It's been a long time since I read the books, but the plot would certainly fit. Their interpretation of Dirk is a more vulnerable character. They're certainly Adams fans, with little touches like the increasingly inaccurately named Rowdy 3.

1 hour ago, felice said:

It's nominally a sequel rather than an adaptation, with a couple of throwaway references to book events. The people behind this show are far more competent than those making a mess of Doctor Who - somebody please shoot Chibnall and put Max Landis in charge!

Yes, that description is way off. It's been a long time since I read the books, but the plot would certainly fit. Their interpretation of Dirk is a more vulnerable character. They're certainly Adams fans, with little touches like the increasingly inaccurately named Rowdy 3.

The Rowdy 3 were one of my favourite parts!

Time-travelling detective is definitely an innacurate description of the show

Yes, welcome.

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I did! I have no idea why you all think my movie opinions are so horrible! *offended pout* O.O 

Have we forgotten the Fury Road discussion so soon? ;) 

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:
  Hide contents

:bawl:

Spoiler

I'm not a Cora fan, but she broke my heart this episode :( 

14 hours ago, Lizard Princess said:

A belated thanks to those who welcomed me several days ago! :D

Hi again! How are you today? 

12 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Yes, welcome.

Have we forgotten the Fury Road discussion so soon? ;) 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not a Cora fan, but she broke my heart this episode :( 

The Fury Road discussion???? :( I still can't believe you guys liked that movie... 

17 hours ago, felice said:

16 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

The Rowdy 3 were one of my favourite parts!

Time-travelling detective is definitely an innacurate description of the show

This makes me feel better about trying it. Thanks :)

15 hours ago, Lizard Princess said:

A belated thanks to those who welcomed me several days ago! :D

Welcome to the madness. 

1 minute ago, RhaenysB said:

Who said the world was normal? People elect trump and vote brexit, people don't announce titles and people like fury road. :dunno: 

Nah, see, as I said during the election, being normal is really not a good thing. But being not-normal is a positive thing, about liking things, not dislike them. Being not-normal is about liking the normal stuff, but liking cooler stuff as well. Not liking good stuff is just poor taste. :P 

10 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

This makes me feel better about trying it. Thanks :)

Welcome to the madness. 

This is... a disappointingly pedestrian version of madness. 

51 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Nah, see, as I said during the election, being normal is really not a good thing. But being not-normal is a positive thing, about liking things, not dislike them. Being not-normal is about liking the normal stuff, but liking cooler stuff as well. Not liking good stuff is just poor taste. :P 

I see, yeah, this is why I voted for JQC. But I get what you mean. 

Hello all!

I have news of His Royal Sniffer to impart.

Our glorious leader has been under the weather a bit and wanted you all to know his thoughts are with his beloved people. He should be making an appearance tonight or tomorrow.

Gods be with his royal imperialism!

Archived