US Politics - Trump - Making America Grate!

zelticgar

19 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

Is there honestly a good reason to shoot someone? Short of fearing for one's life, I can't think of one. And from all the reports of the protest, there wasn't any reason for the individual to be whipping out a gun. And for the record, there is a Video out there that certainly looks like the shooter already had his gun out by the time the victim was trying to deescalate the situation. I'd say it was far more likiely to have been a trigger happy asshole who didn't mean to shoot anyone but was certainly brandishing a gun. And for the record, Trump himself admitted his supporters were violent during the campaign. There was the incident at the rally where the protester was socked in the face by a Trump supporter, that is the first one to spring to mind, but all you have to do is look up Trump Supporters violence, and you'll find all sorts of reports (inb4 she blames this on the liberal bias of the main stream media).

And you know what, I personally wouldn't commit violent acts, but to be honest, it's really hard to get mad about racists getting beat.

If that's true then it is a poor decision on the part of the shooter and hopefully he is punished. But Trump aren't half as violent as Antifa twits.

And do you believe all Trump supporters are racist?

Just now, Samantha Stark said:

If that's true then it is a poor decision on the part of the shooter and hopefully he is punished. But Trump aren't half as violent as Antifa twits.

And do you believe all Trump supporters are racist?

Certainly not all of them are overtly, knowingly racists, but considering a large part of his campaign was harnessing the rage of white males who felt that their place in the power structure was being threatened, I'd say that a large portion at least have some level of underlying racisim (which is true of most people, but particularly so in these cases). But untimely, unless they are speaking out against the awful things that the Trump Administration is doing, and remaining steadfastly behind him, this represents tacit agreement on their parts, and until such time those who don't hold these views start speaking up, it is only fair to lump them together.

And there is zero reason to think that antaifa folks are any more violent than Trump supporters, but frankly, if it means resisting the vile, bigoted views that these new fascists hold, I'm pretty ok with it.

38 minutes ago, Samantha Stark said:

Trump is fascist, but the left is the one using brownshirt tactics on people expressing their opinions. That's some doublethink right there.

Property damage by protestors is 'brownshirt tactics', but a Trump supporter shoots someone and it might have been a 'poor decision'. Yet somehow you feel the doublethink is coming from the other side?

Just now, mormont said:

Property damage by protestors is 'brownshirt tactics', but a Trump supporter shoots someone and it might have been a 'poor decision'. Yet somehow you feel the doublethink is coming from the other side?

Here we go with the selective quotations! I've said before if it turns our it was unprovoked the guy gets punished. And I continue to wait for those citations of me okaying right wing violence.

7 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

It's not that you okay rightwing violence, it's that you pretend it doesn't happen unless absolutely forced to in which case you still downplay and make excuses.

Ah....but there is the fact that, you know, I don't do that. I'm not going to repeat myself again when it comes to the shooting, you need only look at what I've already said on the matter. As for 'making excuses' I simply said I want to know exactly how and why it unfolded. I could totally see some Antifa little twit getting handsy and then getting popped in self defense. And if it didn't turn out that way? See previous section. 

And I still don't see any right wing warbands causing havoc at universities just because they don't like someone that's speaking. That dubious honour belongs strictly to the left at the moment.

You've been cited examples of right-wing people being violent at Trump rallies - indeed, being incited to it by Trump himself - and of them being violent in other contexts. This thread has also discussed property damage against minorities, eg vandalism at mosques and synagogues, for which right-wingers are the prime suspects.

Yet examining your post history shows that it's violence by anti-fascist protesters that you post about. I mean, you have posts on other topics, including the books, but the majority of your recent posts, particularly those you make unprompted, are complaints about violence by anti-fascist protesters. In many of these posts you make sweeping political attacks such as those above, ie claiming that violence is characteristic of the left, that the left are the real fascists, and so on. I can't find an example of you offering any other political opinion, except in a related post where you briefly deny that fascism even exists in the 21st century.

You are on a campaign here. And the evidence is, it's not about the use of violence, it's about discrediting anti-fascism.

4 minutes ago, mormont said:

You've been cited examples of right-wing people being violent at Trump rallies - indeed, being incited to it by Trump himself - and of them being violent in other contexts. This thread has also discussed property damage against minorities, eg vandalism at mosques and synagogues, for which right-wingers are the prime suspects.

Yet examining your post history shows that it's violence by anti-fascist protesters that you post about. I mean, you have posts on other topics, including the books, but the majority of your recent posts, particularly those you make unprompted, are complaints about violence by anti-fascist protesters. In many of these posts you make sweeping political attacks such as those above, ie claiming that violence is characteristic of the left, that the left are the real fascists, and so on. I can't find an example of you offering any other political opinion, except in a related post where you briefly deny that fascism even exists in the 21st century.

You are on a campaign here. And the evidence is, it's not about the use of violence, it's about discrediting anti-fascism.

Ah yes, the supposed epidemic of hate crimes following Trump's victory. How many of them have turned out to be fake like...

this one

and this one

and this one! 

The guy that punched someone at a Trump rally is an idiot. As is anyone else that uses violence as a form of political expression. That's why Antifa are the biggest idiots of all. They are the brownshirts they so often complain about.

24 minutes ago, Samantha Stark said:

Ah yes, the supposed epidemic of hate crimes following Trump's victory. How many of them have turned out to be fake

I don't know, and apparently neither do you, since you're unable to cite a statistic. (By the way, one of your examples took place in Vienna, Austria, and featured a 14-year-old girl. Nice of you to pick on her.)

But this is a transparent attempt at deflection anyway.

2 minutes ago, mormont said:

I don't know, and apparently neither do you, since you're unable to cite a statistic. (By the way, one of your examples took place in Vienna, Austria, and featured a 14-year-old girl. Nice of you to pick on her.)

But this is a transparent attempt at deflection anyway.

No comment on the fake hate crimes themselves? I'm not the only one deflecting. 

3 minutes ago, Samantha Stark said:

No comment on the fake hate crimes themselves? I'm not the only one deflecting. 

I suppose I could note that 14-year-olds, and indeed older people, sometimes do foolish things for attention, but that seems a bit unnecessary. I could also note that this phenomenon doesn't mean shit about the incidence of actual crimes, but again, you know that already.

2 minutes ago, mormont said:

I suppose I could note that 14-year-olds, and indeed older people, sometimes do foolish things for attention, but that seems a bit unnecessary. I could also note that this phenomenon doesn't mean shit about the incidence of actual crimes, but again, you know that already.

Of course it doesn't....but could it also maybe, just maybe mean that this "FASCISTS HAVE SEIZED AMERICA!" is a little bit ridiculous? Just a little bit?

33 minutes ago, Samantha Stark said:

Of course it doesn't....but could it also maybe, just maybe mean that this "FASCISTS HAVE SEIZED AMERICA!" is a little bit ridiculous? Just a little bit?

Three hours ago you wrote that "Trump is a fascist." What is it you're trying to say? Are you even trying to say anything?

16 minutes ago, Samantha Stark said:

You clearly don't understand the satire of that post.

Clearly. You see, the thing about brown shirts is that they were opposed in the streets by left-wing radicals. At the time it was the left-wing radicals (i.e. mostly communists) who were widely blamed for the violence though. It took some time and victory in WW2 for most people to see what the impact of the brown shirts had really been.

4 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

Clearly. You see, the thing about brown shirts is that they were opposed in the streets by left-wing radicals. At the time it was the left-wing radicals (i.e. mostly communists) who were widely blamed for the violence though. It took some time and victory in WW2 for most people to see what the impact of the brown shirts had really been.

But where are the brownshirts? Hiding on campuses where a conservative personality is invited to speak?

Archived