US Politics - Trump - Making America Grate!

zelticgar

40 minutes ago, Mexal said:

It's not out of thin air. He got it from InfoWars.

So I guess we have a choice between the very, very, dishonest press and the very, very, batshit crazy press. If you haven't seen it, you have to check out Joe Rogan's latest podcast with Alex Jones. They get him a little buzzed and he just goes off the fucking deep end. The guy is certifiable.

46 minutes ago, Mexal said:

It's not out of thin air. He got it from InfoWars.

Just saw this come across on Twitter.  Effing scary.

57 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That was a bizarre and rather scary story, Jax. Those were honestly the ramblings of a crazy person.

It also feels like a perfect time to remind everyone that Trump's victory was 100% your fault! You Jaxomed the world, bro! 

Shhhhhhhh...

And just saw a commercial on MSNBC asking people to call their senators and tell them to confirm Trump's cabinet picks...horrific and I'd think a waste of money trying to sway that particular viewership...

Appeals court schedules arguments on Trump travel ban
9th Circuit orders oral arguments by telephone Tuesday afternoon on federal government's request to overturn lower court's restraining order

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-travel-ban-234712

Bush “Torture Memo” Author Thinks Trump Is Taking Things Too Far

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/02/06/john_yoo_criticizes_trump_abuse_of_executive_power.html

Spicer to provide list of terror attacks that the media didn't cover

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/318146-white-house-promises-to-provide-list-of-terror-attacks-the-media

I like Paul Joseph Watson, but in general I don't trust Infowars any more than The Young Turks, though TYT is becoming more desperate. Alex Jones is either a loon, or he's pretending to be one. Originally, I was one of the first on Twitter to investigate Pizzagate, though I dismissed it fairly quickly because there was no substantial evidence. Jones did some real damage to the credibility of the Podesta Leaks dissemination cause, with his rants about Satanic child sacrifice in the name of the Luciferians.

11 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

I like Paul Joseph Watson, but in general I don't trust Infowars any more than The Young Turks, though TYT is becoming more desperate. Alex Jones is either a loon, or he's pretending to be one. Originally, I was one of the first on Twitter to investigate Pizzagate, though I dismissed it fairly quickly because there was no substantial evidence. Jones did some real damage to the credibility of the Podesta Leaks dissemination cause, with his rants about Satanic child sacrifice in the name of the Luciferians.

Curious minds and all that-- is this Twitter unit some kind of outlier of the FBI or something?

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

Appeals court schedules arguments on Trump travel ban
9th Circuit orders oral arguments by telephone Tuesday afternoon on federal government's request to overturn lower court's restraining order

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-travel-ban-234712

Bush “Torture Memo” Author Thinks Trump Is Taking Things Too Far

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/02/06/john_yoo_criticizes_trump_abuse_of_executive_power.html

Spicer to provide list of terror attacks that the media didn't cover

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/318146-white-house-promises-to-provide-list-of-terror-attacks-the-media

They will provide the list 'later,' presumably that same later in which the public will see little hands' tax returns.

29 minutes ago, Zorral said:

They will provide the list 'later,' presumably that same later in which the public will see little hands' tax returns.

They provided the list. On it is Paris, Orlando, San Bernardino, Brussels and Nice which got zero coverage. Also, random Japanese civilian killed by unidentified gunmen in bangledesh. 

Also spellcheck is needed.

2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

And just saw a commercial on MSNBC asking people to call their senators and tell them to confirm Trump's cabinet picks...horrific and I'd think a waste of money trying to sway that particular viewership...

I reported on the Jeff Sessions one about two weeks ago, and I thought that was a sign they were worried.

Something about this headline makes me feel like I'm really in bizzaro world now. 

Kremlin says it wants apology from Fox News over Putin comments

"We consider such words from the Fox TV company to be unacceptable and insulting, and honestly speaking, we would prefer to get an apology from such a respected TV company," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on a conference call.

O'Reilly dismissed the Kremlin's call for an apology.

"I'm working on that apology but it may take a little time," he said on Fox News late on Monday. "You might want to check in with me around ... 2023."

O'Reilly is so mean to Puti!  Poor Puti will be crying into his pillow tonight. I hope Prez McTweeter sends him a 'goodnight tweet' and lets him know that that mean girl O'Reilly won't be invited over to the Rose Garden any time soon.   

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/6/14473482/resistance-works-anti-trump-protests

It’s easy to miss amid Donald Trump’s frenetic pace of activity and nonstop media coverage, but the most important story in American politics right now isn’t about what Trump is doing: It’s that the opposition is working.

The millions of people who marched in Washington and other cities around the world on inauguration weekend and then demonstrated again at airports the following weekend are making a concrete difference in the world. So are the tens of thousands who’ve called members of Congress or showed up in person at their events.

That is why it’s crucial for Trump’s opponents to be aware that protesters’ efforts are not futile. We know they can succeed, because they are already succeeding. What’s needed is for Trump’s critics to continue to resist the siren song of sectarianism and keep at it. If they do, Trumpism will be buried.

The Affordable Care Act suddenly polls well now that activists on the left are defending it from conservative attacks rather than pushing for even bolder reform. Leaked audio of private conversations inside the Republican caucus make it clear that the GOP is nervous and divided on this subject. As Virginia Rep. Dave Brat has told journalists, citizens are “up in my grill” about the issue, with progressives successfully copying Tea Party tactics and urging citizens to contact their Congress members on the phone and in person.

Nervous conservatives? You should be.

Trump seems cautious about actually promulgating it, fearing the massive blowback that would surely result from deporting a large, visible, sympathetic, and well-integrated group of immigrants.

Think very carefully about your next step here Darth Ridiculous.

If they are rescinded, the opposite is the case, and the door is open to things like Paul Ryan’s broader “war on the poor”

I think Mr. Ayn Rand, might end up being the gift that keeps on giving.

or Bannon’s broad-brush attack on all forms of immigration.

And this knuckle head too.

4 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

That is why it’s crucial for Trump’s opponents to be aware that protesters’ efforts are not futile. We know they can succeed, because they are already succeeding. What’s needed is for Trump’s critics to continue to resist the siren song of sectarianism and keep at it. If they do, Trumpism will be buried.

This is a great point.  I think I'll start posting the 'good' stuff on this thread that happens to remind us that the people really can make a difference.  Thanks for posting this.

3 minutes ago, Week said:

He had prior experience during his investigations of this criminal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bri0SA7FTf4

Good thing he had a YouTube video to give him all the facts he needed on that case.  I would imagine it would take some real hardcore sleuthing for a major twitter investigation for the likes of Pizzagate!  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

They provided the list. On it is Paris, Orlando, San Bernardino, Brussels and Nice which got zero coverage. Also, random Japanese civilian killed by unidentified gunmen in bangledesh. 

Also spellcheck is needed.

Surely -- they . . . jest.

Our media is supposed to be blanketing the air waves for weeks because someone in Bangladesh killed a Japanese?  When people in Bangladesh die from flood, fire, starvation every day?  However, it was noticed that the media did carefully report in depth on the causes of the fire in the Tazreen Fashion factory, that produced garments for Walmart that killed -- how many people again? o yah, 117 people, and Walmart still hasn't paid damages.

https://cleanclothes.org/news/press-releases/2015/11/18/three-years-after-tazreen-factory-fire-walmart-still-refuses-to-pay

And I still recall all the coverage of Orlando and Nice and Paris and and and and ad infinitum.

Bowling Green! Bowling Green! Bowling Green!

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Investigate Pizzagate = Ordered a large pepperoni with extra cheese and some Crazy Bread. 

And it came with a flyer of a missing kid glued to the box.  Clues everywhere!  

3 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Investigate Pizzagate = Ordered a large pepperoni with extra cheese and some Crazy Bread. 

I've just received the video of his private eye reporting his findings just months after the story broke. Be warned, the footage is... hard to watch

Archived