NHL Playoffs: Stanley's Suitors

l2 0 5 5

As much as I hate seeing the Pens going to 7 games with a trip to the Finals on the line, I also can't help but love it at the same time. This is what makes the NHL playoffs the hands-down best in all of sports imho.

19 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Good luck to all the Pens fans on here. 

Same to you. This should be one hell of a final, really looking forward to Monday night. And if there aren't any double OT thrillers aren't involved, I won't mind one bit...

I'm most interested to see which D pairs Lavy tries to match up against Malkin/Crosby respectively. I think he has to try and have Ekholm/Subban on against the Malkin line whenever he can. 

Fucking interesting matchup with each teams biggest strengths being the other teams most glaring weakness. 

Pens let their foot off the gas in second. My first F U goes to Ron Hainsey. This dinosaur needs taken out to the pasture. And for FFS I don't understand the Scott Wilson love... Especially on the second line?! Are you kidding me?? Horny and Guentzel playing on bottom 6 opposed to this dude? My guess is that Hagelin is still fighting injury to not be in the lineup. Seems as if he rushed back.

25 minutes ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

I wouldn't be happy at all if I were a pens fan. The Preds just owned possession and probably should've won this one. 

The Preds will win the series if they keep up this level of play. 

I mean, if I could trade games with the Preds I would right now, because woooooow that was a steal by the Penguins (and whichever deity they entered into a pact with).  But breaking their 37m shot drought with a single, un-screened goal is insane.  Rinne posting a ~0.5 save percentage is just beyond belief given that I'm pretty sure he was the favorite for the Conn Smythe.  That's got to be out, now, because the luck on those bounces is...

Yeah, I don't know what I just watched. The Predators should have crushed the Penguins in this game.  Maybe their devious plan was to lull him to sleep.  

edit:  For laugh's here's a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article from yesterday:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2017/05/28/Nashville-Predators-goalie-Pekka-Rinne-Penguins-stanley-cup-final/stories/201705280139

Even if he weren’t capable of routinely ending an offensive surge before it really begins, Rinne would represent a major threat to the Penguins chances of repeating as Cup champions.

He has the best goals-against average (1.70) and save percentage (.941) of any goalie who has appeared in five or more games in these playoffs.

Archived