NFL 2017 - The Afterdraft

Howdyphillip

4 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Oh, you know. Getting my masters, debating med school, holding my crumbling life together, and being back in the program.

That kind of shit.

I thought you already had a masters, but either way good luck.!

Also, Pony Queens do not crumble. EVER! 

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I thought you already had a masters, but either way good luck.!

Also, Pony Queens do not crumble. EVER! 

Huh, no. I should have it, but I've suffered a few setbacks outside of the classroom. I was probably drunk and talking shit if I gave you that impression. 

I don't know if anyone is as into the series as I am, but NFL Network is running the "America's Game" documentary series about each Super Bowl winner, in chronological order. The 1988 Niners are up now.

Eta: Oh Jesus, Roger Craig's week 7 touchdown run from midfield, with multiple Rams bouncing off him and John Taylor clearing two guys out in front of him...

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

I don't know if anyone is as into the series as I am, but NFL Network is running the "America's Game" documentary series about each Super Bowl winner, in chronological order. The 1988 Niners are up now.

Eta: Oh Jesus, Roger Craig's week 7 touchdown run from midfield, with multiple Rams bouncing off him and John Taylor clearing two guys out in front of him...

Loved that team. Thanks for the heads up, I'm DVRing it from the start.

John "Domestic Violence Coddler" Mara, who gave a contract extension to a kicker whom he knew to be a regular wife-beater, thinks signing Colin Kaepernick would make his fans too upset.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/29/john-mara-says-signing-colin-kaepernick-would-lead-to-fan-backlash/

23 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

John "Domestic Violence Coddler" Mara, who gave a contract extension to a kicker whom he knew to be a regular wife-beater, thinks signing Colin Kaepernick would make his fans too upset.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/29/john-mara-says-signing-colin-kaepernick-would-lead-to-fan-backlash/

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?!? Yes I used that phrase because this is fucking ridiculous not because the phrase fits. So it's ok to sign a wife beater but all hell would break loose if a peaceful protester who wants people to stop getting beaten and killed was around? If you don't want to sign the guy, don't, but damn keep your mouth shut because now it sounds even more ludicrous. 

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Hank-Williams-Jr-returning-to-Monday-Night-Football-53032716

Grandpa racist is back. It looks like Hank Williams Jr is going to be singing on Monday Night Football again. It is getting harder and harder to continue to be a fan of this sport when the overall culture is so reprehensible. 

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that Ben McAdoo no longer looks like the guy who married the hottest girl in high school 20 years too late and stays at home with her 6 kids while she's out at the bar with her ex.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000814769/article/ben-mcadoo-has-new-haircut-and-everythings-changed

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

It appears that Ben McAdoo no longer looks like the guy who married the hottest girl in high school 20 years too late and stays at home with her 6 kids while she's out at the bar with her ex.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000814769/article/ben-mcadoo-has-new-haircut-and-everythings-changed

You'd think whoever talked him into the new 'do would've been able to get him to lose the stache as well...baby steps I guess...

2 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

You'd think whoever talked him into the new 'do would've been able to get him to lose the stache as well...baby steps I guess...

Perhaps Jim Tomsula's wife could provide assistance:

“My wife said, ‘Man, you look old and scraggly. Get that off,’” Tomsula said after Tuesday’s minicamp practice. “Her and the daughters. I said, ‘Ok, let me shave that off.’ She said, ‘And by the way, you’ve been fat for 20 years. Lose some weight.’ So I got on a diet and shaved my mustache. I’m not dyeing my hair though.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/06/16/meet-the-muppet-master-jim-tomsula-returns-to-the-nfl-with-the-redskins/?utm_term=.2f369effcec1

I wonder if Mrs. Tomsula could be convinced to give Dan Snyder some leadership advice.

20 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Perhaps Jim Tomsula's wife could provide assistance:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/06/16/meet-the-muppet-master-jim-tomsula-returns-to-the-nfl-with-the-redskins/?utm_term=.2f369effcec1

I wonder if Mrs. Tomsula could be convinced to give Dan Snyder some leadership advice.

Tomsula%20Da%20Mic%20Rula_zps0cni3ong.pn

My name is...Tomsula da mic rula

The old schoola

Want a puppet?

I'll bring it to ya

Tomsula get the money see

Tomsula get the honeys, G

From livin in my car, to livin like a star

I gots hair on my chest and on my feet and I'm a Taurus  

/Recycled cause I'm environmentally conscious and shit

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'd say he looks more like that now.

12 minutes ago, sperry said:

I'd say he looks more like that now.

3 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Google "Le Batard looks like McAdoo." There are some amazing gems. 

I think his new haircut looks like stormfront. But anyways. People just now seem to be noticing that Andrew Luck has been irreparably damaged. He most certainly won't be ready for camp, and will never be the same when throwing. 

I think I dug deep into the consequences of labrum repair when it was first reported 2 years ago, but it was in that few months of the board that posts were not saved for whatever reason. Reformatting or something if I recall.

• 2 weeks later...

In other news, Zachary Orr formerly of the Ravens is visiting the Colts today after being told that his unfused disk presents no increased risks on the field.

I pray to our great leader that he does not leave the facility without signing with the team.

He'd be the first legitimately good LB this team has had since Gary Brackett, who was legendarily competent at not being awful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Manhole Eunuchsbane @Tywin et al.  @Week  @Maithanet   @Mya Stone 

On 1/4/2017 at 0:42 PM, Bronn Stone said:

On 1/4/2017 at 0:56 PM, Week said:

On 1/4/2017 at 10:42 PM, Jaime L said:

On 1/5/2017 at 10:54 AM, Lord Lyman said:

On 1/5/2017 at 3:30 PM, Dunknegg said:

On 1/7/2017 at 1:37 PM, PyroclasticFlow said:

On 1/9/2017 at 11:35 AM, grozeng said:

On 12/29/2016 at 2:22 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

On 12/29/2016 at 3:03 PM, Tywin et al. said:

On 12/29/2016 at 9:31 PM, Howdyphillip said:

On 12/30/2016 at 10:47 PM, Lord Dracarys said:

On 1/2/2017 at 10:50 PM, JJ Lannister said:

On 12/22/2016 at 8:29 AM, Lord Lyman said:

On 12/21/2016 at 3:49 PM, Prince of the North said:

And all others I might have missed (Battlefield 1 match got hectic while I was trying to round everyone up), when we gonna talk about Fantasy Football 2017? 

We usually start the last week of July/First week of August getting things sorted out for Fantasy. I am behind the curve this year as I was hacked through a Yahoo account and had to delete it. This means I no longer have emails for everyone and would need to set up the leagues from scratch this year. 

I am also a bit on the tentative side of opening up a new Yahoo account because their security sucks so bad and I lost a small fortune in both time and money this year because of it.

21 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Kick it off girl! I haven't done so much as a mock yet, but I'm always wanting to talk NFL.

You going to do the Pick 'Em league again this year? That's a good time.

Archived