NBA Draft 2017: Sixers, Celtics and Will LaVar Ball Lose His Shit on National Television Edition

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Also, is Danny Ainge running the greatest slow play in the history of sports, or has he turned a number 3 pick and a #1 pick into Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, a 2019 pick in the back half of the lottery?

Just now, sperry said:

Unless Embiid or Porzingis takes a huge leap, yep.

I guess Giannis is in that conversation too.

Still...shit.  The East has been pillaged.  And Carmelo and Wade might be Cavs at some point too.

I still don't understand why they all go to the West?!!!?

Seriously, one guy going to Washington would make them a real threat to reach the NBA Finals.  And instead they all go to the West????

And we really think LeBron wants to go to the Lake show?

18 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I still don't understand why they all go to the West?!!!?

Seriously, one guy going to Washington would make them a real threat to reach the NBA Finals.  And instead they all go to the West????

And we really think LeBron wants to go to the Lake show?

Well, it seems like both Chicago and Indiana both wanted to send their stars to the other conference so they wouldn't have to run into them again any time soon.  I personally find that to be very short-sighted, as both teams took shit deals for guys that could have and should have fetched a better return.  Indiana in particular is years away from contending without even a path in sight to get there.  No idea why they'd give a shit about trading George within their own division.  It's not like they're going to have to worry about him for at least five years, and by that time LeBron will either be retired or 37.

11 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Wow.  Didn't see that one coming.  LA Lakers probably feeling a bit desperate now.

The Lakers aren't looking at next season, are they? George can still go there after a season in OKC. And it's looking like LeBron is going to jump after next season. So they're potentially looking at a core of James/George/Ball and whatever else they can clear space for in 2019.

On 2017-06-28 at 0:08 PM, Relic said:

I don't see how two ball dominant guards like CP3 and Harden are able to play effectively together. And while Harden thinks he wants to play with CP3 he's going to realize that having Paul yell at him after every failed defensive rotation gets old, fast.  

Coming late, but:

1) Harden was MVP runner up 2 years ago playing off the ball.

2) Paul and Harden might have the 2 highest bbiqs in the league. I agree that at first glance it appears less than ideal, but as smart as those two are I'd bet on their figuring it out.

3 There is a difference between not maximizing talent via fit vs. losing on fit. Even if adding Paul doesn't have Paul and Harden each maximized, when you add one of the best players in the history of the game still in his prime for relatively little, it's a big big big win.

edit: on an aside, the Paul/Dantoni matchup is very intriguing. What criticism has been sent Paul's way has largely centred around his being too unselfish re: shooting, not adapting to new game until crunch time, often too late in the game. Well, now he's playing for the guy who wants his pg looking shot op at high volume, though it might trend more to a Nash like mid-level and either way I'd expect unreal efficiency. If they manage to retain any semblance of prior form together, Paul, Harden and d'Antoni are an advanced stat geek's fantasy come true, aside from the other one already in place by the Bay.

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Sam Presti turned Ibaka into Paul George. Incredible. 

Incredible that the Pacers GM would rather send George to the West than get a decent return for him too.

Archived