Westeros Experts League 2017

Jaime L

24 minutes ago, grozeng said:

So sorry to flake out on everyone.  Extremely busy at work (lots of 16-18 hour days lately) and my daughter has had some health issues that have ate up a lot of time.  so sorry I did not join and have not been online.

Good luck to everyone this year - I am trying to resurrect Dynasty and if anyone wants to do a keeper league I may start one if there is interest since I need to get some Fantasy football in this year and an autodrafted Thunderdome team is not going to do it for me.

All the best Groz. Sorry to hear about your daughter and work - hope all is ok. :(

5 minutes ago, Week said:

All the best Groz. Sorry to hear about your daughter and work - hope all is ok. :(

thanks.  It is more unknown than something serious.  At least we hope.  Work just sucks :)

I totally wanted to defend my title this year. Just never found time to get in there and join the league.  I have done no research yet for rankings or values either.

2 hours ago, grozeng said:

thanks.  It is more unknown than something serious.  At least we hope.  Work just sucks :)

I totally wanted to defend my title this year. Just never found time to get in there and join the league.  I have done no research yet for rankings or values either.

If you have time to play now, I have room in my inaugural Westeros Warpups Invitational league.

4 hours ago, grozeng said:

Thanks. We just don't know.  It does not appear to be anything serious.  Just lots of tests and discomfort and it is not going away.  So time that would otherwise be spent online is spent either with work being crazy or her.

Man, Groz, sorry to hear that. Obviously about a 1,000,000x more important than some FFL league. Hope all aspects of your life return to normal soon. 

6 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Man, Groz, sorry to hear that. Obviously about a 1,000,000x more important than some FFL league. Hope all aspects of your life return to normal soon. 

Thanks.  With everything going on this is the one thing that fell through the cracks.  I kept meaning to come online to "claim my spot" but never seemed to get around to it.  Next year.  Well maybe not, my Dynasty team sucks.

On 8/17/2017 at 4:18 PM, Whiskeyjack said:

You and I have different definitions of 'active.'

Made 12 moves all year.  Which beat the 3 transactions he had last season.  But still really bad.

He also didn't sign in to check his team for all of July.

6th place on 12 moves is not that bad.  I thought the season ended on the 4th?

On 9/1/2017 at 11:23 AM, grozeng said:

So sorry to flake out on everyone.  Extremely busy at work (lots of 16-18 hour days lately) and my daughter has had some health issues that have ate up a lot of time.  so sorry I did not join and have not been online.

Good luck to everyone this year - I am trying to resurrect Dynasty and if anyone wants to do a keeper league I may start one if there is interest since I need to get some Fantasy football in this year and an autodrafted Thunderdome team is not going to do it for me.

I hope everything is okay, groz! ❤️

41 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Where's our insider update? Who got who and for what? Inquiring minds want to know.

It doesn't let me watch the draft. I'll have all of your I'll Get to it In A Minute updates shortly after the event is concluded.

3 hours ago, Mya Stone said:

I hope everything is okay, groz! ❤️

Thanks.  We hope it is nothing serious but it is inconvenient.  School starts tomorrow, so should get more normal. 

Also, if anyone is interested in Dynasty, Maelys dropped out so we need another owner.  Maybe more if Howdy, Blu-Ray or Jax don't respond.

Well.  That didn't go very well. 

QB - D.Brees, D.Prescott (M.Trubisky, C.Henne)
RB - M.Gordon, D.Cook, I.Crowell (J.Hill, C.Carson, W.Smallwood)
WR - O.Beckham, K.Benjamin, T.Hill, P.Richardson (C.Beasley, T.Smith, M.Sanu, J.Doctson)
TE - C.Fiedorowicz, G.Kittle
K - C.Boswell
DEF - Jacksonville, Miami (Cleveland)

I have a lot of good players.  And I like the deals I got on most of them.  But just didn't manage my money well, and have major issues at WR4, TE, and QB3.  Don't think its completely impossible to overcome - but its pretty bad.  Shouldn't have gone the extra dollar for Dak.  Would have been better off getting Dalton for $11 and then using the extra $8 to fill out the rest of the team.

All of my players are on the block except for Brees.  That includes some guys who I think are really good in Beckham, Benjamin, Hill, Gordon, Cook, Crowell, and Dak.  Willing to give up the best player in a deal.  But I need good value in return. 

Sorry for the crap internet connection and being in and out of the draft all night. That's what you get for living in the boonies. I finally gave up after picking up Cobb. That being said it could have been much worse and somehow Yahoo projects me to score the most points week one. My RB3 is a mess and I have no depth whatsoever. Willing to trade Cooper for a RB and downgrade at WR. Already sent out one offer. 

QB- Cousins, Palmer

RB- D. Johnson, Hunt, Prosise (Williams, Lewis)

WR- Cooper, Watkins, Fitzgerald, Sanders (Cobb, Lee, Aghalor)

TE- Graham, Bennett

DEF- Denver,  Dallas (NYJ)

K- Bryant

Apologies again for the in and out. 

QB: R. Wilson, A. Dalton (E. Manning, J. Flacco)
WR: A. Brown, D. Adams, R. Matthews, C. Hogan (S. Diggs, B. Marshall, M. Williams)
RB: E. Elliot, C. Hyde, P. Perkins (D. McFadden, S. Vereen. J. Richard)
TE: J. Thomas, D. Allen (E. Engram)
K: J. Tucker
DEF: KC, Tampa Bay (Detroit)

I'm happy with my team.  Seems to be in a lot better shape than my Westeros C team, with some depth at WR and QB.  But no depth at RB and my TEs are mediocre.

I was more conservative for this draft and held some money in reserve, whereas in Westeros C I blew most of my budget early.  That said, I remember being happy with my team in Experts last year and then I barely finished high enough to stay in the league.  

QB: Brady, Wentz (Kizer, Handsome Jimmy)
WR: Baldwin, DEAndre, DEVante Parker, Decker (Britt, Coleman, Marvin Jones, Lockett, Funchess)
RB: DEMarco Murray, Jordan Howard, Tevin Coleman (Eddie Lacy, Tevin Coleman)
TE: Ebron, Doyle (Brate, Hooper)
K: TBD
DEF: Pitt, NE

Deep at WR. Lot of options at TE, but nothing too exciting -- QB2, RB3/4 are definite issues to be address with WR depth.

9 hours ago, JJ Lannister said:

That being said it could have been much worse and somehow Yahoo projects me to score the most points week one.

Bite your tongue! 

QB: M. Ryan, M. Stafford (S. Bradford)
WR: T. Pryor, A. Robinson, M. Bryant, D. Jackson (J. Maclin, K. White)
RB: L. Bell, M. Ingram, D. Martin (J. Rodgers, A. Peterson, J. Charles, M. Forte, F. Toussaint) 
TE: J. Reed, T. Eifert
K: M. Crosby
D: Eagles, Bengals (Chargers)

Overall happy with how it unfolded. Was concerned after I got Bell that I would not be able to get the depth Experts requires but settled that with a ton of middle class type buys instead of, like a true WR1. If my TEs stay healthy think they can become a real strength (and if the sun rises in the west and sets in the east...) and have some freakish but perhaps unreliable WRs. Happy to get the key RB handcuffs I needed. All that said, wish I spent a bit more on better starters (QB2/WR4 specifically) than the money I had left for bench guys. And realized only belatedly I needed to get more quality WR depth except POTN boxed me out on Corey Davis who was like the last WR of any promise and so ended up with like 47 RBs. So there's flaws, but that's always the case with Experts. Still I think this collection can compete. 

Archived