NFL 2017 Preaseason: Zeke the Freak to Sit 6 Weeks

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Just now, Pony Queen Jace said:

That happened yesterday shitbird, TALK ABOUT ANDREW LUCK

SPICY AND THE MOOCH COOKING UP TAKES SO HOT THEY HAVEN'T EVEN COME OUT OF THE MOTHERFUCKING OVEN YET, BITCH! YOU BETTER BLOW ON THAT SHIT OR YOU'LL BURN THE ROOF OF YOUR MOUTH, NANCY! SPICY AND THE MOOCH NOON TO THREE ON 95.7 THE GAME, YOUR OAKLAND RAIDERS FLAGSHIP STATION!

7 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

SPICY AND THE MOOCH COOKING UP TAKES SO HOT THEY HAVEN'T EVEN COME OUT OF THE MOTHERFUCKING OVEN YET, BITCH! YOU BETTER BLOW ON THAT SHIT OR YOU'LL BURN THE ROOF OF YOUR MOUTH, NANCY! SPICY AND THE MOOCH NOON TO THREE ON 95.7 THE GAME, YOUR OAKLAND RAIDERS FLAGSHIP STATION!

I'M NOT JOKING, MOOCH! YOU THINK THIS IS A FUCKING GAME? WHERE IS LUCK!?! CHUCK PAGANO LITERALLY SAID TODAY THAT HE HASN'T SEEN HIM THROW AND DOESN'T NEED TO! WHAT THE FUCK!?! WHERE IS THE GODDAMN CONCERN? DO THEY NOT UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE STAKES AT STAKE HERE? PAGANO WILL LOSE HIS FUCKING JOB IF THIS TEAM GOES 0-18 AGAIN I DON'T CARE, MOOCH, I DON'T FUCKING CARE. I NEED SOMEONE TO KNOW, SOMEONE TO CARE OR I WILL RIP YOUR GODDAMN SPINE OUT OF YOUR ASSHOLE AND GRIND YOUR SKULL INTO MY CRESSAUNTS.

I swear anytime I hear Pagano's name or see it in print I can't help but think of that shitty 4th down gimmick play...

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/Whyd you snap that_zpsd7eh09u6.gif.html?sort=3&o=491

Why did I snap that?!?! WHY DID YOU FUCKING CALL THAT!?!? DON'T TRY TO PAWN THIS OFF ON ME!

2 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

So we're all agreed that Matt Stafford is the Chris Conte this year, right?

Can he take the throne from Blake Bortles? Wouldn't the Jags look more* like a playoff team with - gasp - Matt Stafford?

*more like a playoff team -- he could at least get the ball to A-Rob. Frankly, the Jags probably have a better defense and comparable supporting cast.

Just now, Week said:

Can he take the throne from Blake Bortles? Wouldn't the Jags look more* like a playoff team with - gasp - Matt Stafford?

*more like a playoff team -- he could at least get the ball to A-Rob. Frankly, the Jags probably have a better defense and comparable supporting cast.

Blake Bortles doesn't count; we know that they're not thrilled with him, but he's what, in year 3? 

Whereas we know where we stand with Stafford. We know he's not going to be great. We know he's not even that good. And yet the franchise said 'yep, this is our guy' and paid him a ton. That right there is the Chris Conte rule - where the team staff doubles down on someone so obviously bad that every single bit of judgment about that team should be suspect. 

Also, I think I'm legally obligated to point out how I said that Luck was going to have injury concerns and everyone would be on the bandwagon of Wilson > Luck by year 5, and it wouldn't even be a contest. 

*Dials phone*

Yo yo yo, Spicy and the Mooch! The hottest thing in sports radio! I got a quick question for you twp.

If evidence becomes publicly available that Zeke did in fact assault the young lady, should he get a year ban for being a lying scumbag? 

I'll take my answer off the air.

GO DALLAS CRUZBOYZ!!!

3 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Blake Bortles doesn't count; we know that they're not thrilled with him, but he's what, in year 3? 

Whereas we know where we stand with Stafford. We know he's not going to be great. We know he's not even that good. And yet the franchise said 'yep, this is our guy' and paid him a ton. That right there is the Chris Conte rule - where the team staff doubles down on someone so obviously bad that every single bit of judgment about that team should be suspect. 

Also, I think I'm legally obligated to point out how I said that Luck was going to have injury concerns and everyone would be on the bandwagon of Wilson > Luck by year 5, and it wouldn't even be a contest. 

I mean, when you have one of the ten to fifteen best QBs in the NFL, you basically have to pay to keep him.  As someone who is a fan of a team that hasn't had a good QB since I was ten (I'm in my early thirties now), I'd line up to overpay Stafford.  

10 minutes ago, briantw said:

I mean, when you have one of the ten to fifteen best QBs in the NFL, you basically have to pay to keep him.  As someone who is a fan of a team that hasn't had a good QB since I was ten (I'm in my early thirties now), I'd line up to overpay Stafford.  

Okay, but they don't have one of the 10-15 best QBs in the NFL, they have Stafford. 

12 minutes ago, briantw said:

But look what happened to the Ravens when they paid Flacco. What you need is either an elite QB at whatever cost or a good QB at value. Stafford, at best, is last in line in the good category, and that contract has awful value. Again, this is the dude who is 5-46 against teams that finish the season with a winning record, and I don't believe he's ever won a playoff game (the Lions did get screwed one year though). You simply cannot make that dude the highest paid player ever. 

Just now, Kalbear said:

Okay, but they don't have one of the 10-15 best QBs in the NFL, they have Stafford. 

Have to agree with that snap. Stafford is Jay Cutler who had the benefit of playing with the best WR in the league for most of his career. He might be in the 14-16 range, but how does that merit the highest salary in the NFL?

11 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Have to agree with that snap. Stafford is Jay Cutler who had the benefit of playing with the best WR in the league for most of his career. He might be in the 14-16 range, but how does that merit the highest salary in the NFL?

I don't think it merits the highest salary in the NFL, but my point was that a team with a solid to good QB can't just let that guy walk away.  If you don't have a QB, you're totally fucked in the NFL.  

I also disagree about the comparison to Cutler.  Cutler had one 4000 yard season in his entire career.  Stafford has had six straight with one 5000 yard season.  He's significantly better than Cutler ever was.  Stafford also had one of his best seasons last year without the best WR in the league, or even a real WR1.  

Archived