U.S. Politics: I Did Nazi That Coming

Manhole Eunuchsbane

I'm not linking to his twitter, but David Duke just thanked the President of the United States:  "Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists in BLM/Antifa."

5 minutes ago, Notone said:

Well, I am kinda surprised that the people in the American media are now wondering whether Trump is himself a racist.

I mean really? What gave it away? Calling Mexican rapists? No, nothing to see here. His behavior as a landlord towards black tennants? No, nothing wrong here. Questioning the hispanic judges qualification based on his ethnicity? No, that's just textbook racism (to coin a phrase), that doesn't mean Twitler is a racist. Embracing Duke and Bannon? Nah. The travel ban for muslims? No, apparently not. Failing to denounce protesters with swastikas chanting Heil Trump! And killing a young (white) woman during a protest against them? Now, I start to wonder...

Housing discrimination lawsuit? Nah.

2 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

I'm not linking to his twitter, but David Duke just thanked the President of the United States:  "Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists in BLM/Antifa."

I wonder why so many KKK and nazis like him? 

3 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

I think telling you guys you have the President you deserve would be the most anti-American thing I can think of, except the rest of the world didn't get a vote but might get a bomb.

Also, can I trademark NaziLivesMatter?

The majority who didn't vote for him don't deserve him. Those who stayed home because they didn't like either candidate :rolleyes: or voted for that piece of manure to get Gorsuch, on the other hand? Pretty much...

6 minutes ago, theguyfromtheVale said:

The majority who didn't vote for him don't deserve him. Those who stayed home because they didn't like either candidate :rolleyes: or voted for that piece of manure to get Gorsuch, on the other hand? Pretty much...

Yeah, wasn't really serious. Just a lot of anger ATM, very unusual for me. 

1 minute ago, theguyfromtheVale said:

Let's not forget the nearly 6 percent that voted third party, including the 3.3 percent that voted for Gary Johnson and the 1 percent that voted for Jill Stein.

42 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Hooboy, watching Trumps press confernce about infrastructure, all of the questions are about Virginia and white supremacists. 

"Everybody says 'what he said was great if only he said it sooner'" about his comments Monday.

When asked about the Alt-right, hedging then "what about the alt-left who attacked them?" !!!!!!

Also claims not everyone there was a nazi, or WS, or alt-right some people were just protesting the removal of a statue "what's next removing a statue of George Washington?"

He's suffering from a nasty case of 'Whataboutism', isn't he?

We need to push back against the notion that counter protesting against a hateful ideology is equal to actively supporting said hateful ideology. The False Equivalence fallacy has been running amok since Charllottesville.

40 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

I think telling you guys you have the President you deserve would be the most anti-American thing I can think of, except the rest of the world didn't get a vote but might get a bomb.

Also, can I trademark NaziLivesMatter?

Far from it. In a democracy, we free and fair elections*, the people deserve their government.

*relatively speaking

45 minutes ago, Notone said:

Well, I am kinda surprised that the people in the American media are now wondering whether Trump is himself a racist.

I mean really? What gave it away? Calling Mexican rapists? No, nothing to see here. His behavior as a landlord towards black tennants? No, nothing wrong here. Questioning the hispanic judges qualification based on his ethnicity? No, that's just textbook racism (to coin a phrase), that doesn't mean Twitler is a racist. Embracing Duke and Bannon? Nah. The travel ban for muslims? No, apparently not. Failing to denounce protesters with swastikas chanting Heil Trump! And killing a young (white) woman during a protest against them? Now, I start to wonder...

They've been saying it in one way or another for awhile now. The problem is, Trump supporters, and Republicans more generally speaking, don't care. I was listening to NPR today and one of the panelists who wrote a book on Trump and Bannon called The Devil's Bargain said he spoke to Bannon and that Bannon said they found through polling that the openly racist nature of Trump's candidacy didn't hurt him that much with likely Republican voters. Shocking, I know.....

14 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Far from it. In a democracy, we free and fair elections*, the people deserve their government.

*relatively speaking

So my gf asked me today what % of Trump supporters did I think weren't white. I guessed single digits, but admitted that might be too current, as a lot of people who voted for him were either pretty casual political observers or those numbnuts who objected to the status quo and therefore chose toxic vomit cancer, and that might be a more randomized number. I realize I could just google this, but I'm trying to calm down and this is more therapeutic. Basically anytime I get more informed about Trump I get angrier at the...excuse me...fucking morons who voted for him. I really don't want a nuclear war or even just a decent chance of one because Jimbob thinks there's a war on Christmas. Fuck. I don't want an empowered white power brigade knowing the big guy's got their back, so now they can really let it all hang out. I don't want 8 more years of environmental damage because somehow in America half the players can pretend a known is an unknown and fucking get away with it. 

Eh, maybe this isn't really helping.

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

I don't know if America deserves Trump. But he's certainly quintessentially American. All the talk about how the stuff in Charlottesville "wasn't American" or whatever was such bullshit. This whole series of events is so very very American in every way. Like, the POTUS getting up there defending white supremacy is absolutely unsurprising because the white supremacists have always been a huge part of US politics.

Trump is the logical end result of the Republican Party's strategy since at least Nixon.

"Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at us.”
Calling himself us when talking about nazis and white supremacists. He admitted he's a nazi and a white supremacist with that wording.

Get him off a teleprompter for five minutes and he'll always show the world who he is.

BTW, still think rule of law applies when the guy in the white house is, at best a nazi sympathizer and at the very worst, a fucking nazi? 

17 minutes ago, Shryke said:

I don't know if America deserves Trump. But he's certainly quintessentially American. All the talk about how the stuff in Charlottesville "wasn't American" or whatever was such bullshit. This whole series of events is so very very American in every way. Like, the POTUS getting up there defending white supremacy is absolutely unsurprising because the white supremacists have always been a huge part of US politics.

Trump is the logical end result of the Republican Party's strategy since at least Nixon.

Yeah, but do you remember that time Obama used Dijon mustard?

7 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

BTW, still think rule of law applies when the guy in the white house is, at best a nazi sympathizer and at the very worst, a fucking nazi? 

The guy who hasn't managed to get a law passed yet? Not saying it isn't dangerous, but wake me up when he manages to pass some legislation. 

/And again, what do you think Saturday would've looked like without Rule of Law? 

Archived