That look on Tyrion's face

I have two ideas for it

1. He loves her and it is hurting him to see it even though he knew it would happen.

2. He realizes that this will be a big problem in alot of ways and thinks oh sh**. 

Also I doubt he would make a deal with cersei unless it was to try and make get her a better deal like exile or something. I really hope they don't act like he would betray dany for cersei just because she is pregnant

Probably all of that and it is a credit to the actor to be able to put so much into a look from under that mask.

I think Tyrion is truly interested in making a better world.  Until he sees the hoard of undead he won't fully grasp the problem.  I also think he knows the deal with Cersei is a piecrust promise and wants to caution Dany about it.  And yes he has a sexual attraction to Dany and feels rejected to some extent.  He truly cares for Bron, Pod, Jaime, and Cersei's unborn baby.  The takeaway for me is Tyrion is a man conflicted.

4 minutes ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

Now that Littlefinger is dead they need another character that creeps outside the door while people are banging. 

Well done.  I imagine they're thinking jealous Tyrion is a little more fresh than jealous Jorah.

I tend to think Tyrian was going to speak about what was to come in regards to Cersei etc. and was not caught off guard, but upset because he now has lost control of the situation as he can see how much she trusts Jon's opinion now.

I'm seeing it as with all the talk with her about succession and who will rule after her, hes worried about her life. She's getting in with Jon Snow and he knows she'll be even more willing to put her life on the line for him..and Jorah probably knows that too. So like Viserion, she could die for nothing..or die for love and be Nyssa Nyssa to Jons Azor Ahai

First thought - Christ, another one who's in love with her? But I'm hoping it means he anticipates some kind of problem, though I can't imagine what. Can't be that he knows Jon's real heritage. So for now, I'll go with jealousy. But really I just want to pretend much of this roughshod pacing and alliances never happened. Like Dallas. We'll all wake up and find it was all a dream. 

Hi all! Brand new poster here! :) Just a few thoughts on this topic.

I've never gotten the 'Tyrion is in love with Dany' vibe. And I REALLY hope that isn't the direction they go. We already have Jorah lusting after her and constantly being friend-zoned; we don't need another character in the same space.

I think that now that Jon is swiftly becoming Dany's unofficial 'adviser,' Tyrion is feeling left out. He's supposed to be her hand, her primary voice of reason and the person she listens to/trusts the most, but this season has really been eroding that trust. His tactical and strategic failures, along with Dany's growing attraction and trust in Jon, has her sidelining Tyrion more and more. She's openly turned to Jon when asking how to handle the war; she disregarded Tyrion when he said to not go rescue Jon and team; she dismissed his caution before burning the Tarlys. Just to name a few things.

Add all of that up, then add to it the fact that Jon had, in fact, bent the knee to Dany, without telling anyone and then dropped that tidbit of info at a very critical point in negotiations with Cersei, without warning...I can totally see Tyrion feeling that he's quickly losing Dany's confidence/place by her side. He seemed really defensive/frustrated about not knowing beforehand that Jon had pledged his support to Dany when talking with Cersei. 

And now that Dany and Jon have not only hooked up, but they have some serious feelings between them, Tyrion's advice will be more easily dismissed.  All you have to do is look at what happened to Jorah's advice to Dany, which was summarily dismissed in favor of Jon's not to see where Tyrion's place/advice is headed.

It used to be Dany/Tyrion and team against the world. Now, it's swiftly becoming Dany/Jon against the world. So, where does that leave a character like Tyrion whose admitted enjoyment and purpose in life is to be that primary adviser to powerful people -- specifically Dany, who he sees as the one person that can right all the wrongs in the world? 

I don't think that means he has betrayed Dany and/or Jon...yet. But if things continue this way, he very may well could. 

Just my humble .02 cents.   

1 hour ago, Wildling Queen said:

Tyrion seemed so disturbed at the end after seeing Jon go to Daenerys. Did he betray Daenerys with Cersei? Why did Cersei change her mind?

What was going on in Tyrion's head at the end?

He jealous AF. Jon's fucking the hottest woman in the world, and Tyrion is clearly slightly smitten with her. Plus he knows that shit is gonna be complicated.

1 hour ago, Wildling Queen said:

Tyrion seemed so disturbed at the end after seeing Jon go to Daenerys. Did he betray Daenerys with Cersei? Why did Cersei change her mind?

What was going on in Tyrion's head at the end?

Cersei never changed her mind.  She had no intention of honoring anything to begin with.  Her whole plan was to lie.  

29 minutes ago, tallTale said:

seeing as Tyrion is alone with no female prospects, I hope we don't find out he loves Danny too. We already have one lame love triangle going with forever friend-zoned jorah, now we have to add Tyrion in there ? Bleh.

As you may know, originally, a love triangle between Tyrion, Jon, and Arya was planned (way back in 1993, and the characters were all quite different).

Perhaps the incestuous relationship at the heart of a love triangle in this version of the story will be Jon and Dany's.

Archived