DireWolfSpirit

What are you listening to Ventiquattro - Dont let Life pass you by.

On 29/12/2017 at 10:14 PM, Davrum said:

In Old Man Mode I often lament how there haven't been nearly enough iconic rock voices since that Alt explosion in the early 90s gave us Vedder, Cobain, Cornell, Yorke, Corgan and Staley. Since then only maybe Jack White is in their league on that score (and I say that not as a hater of what rock came hence - in fact as a pretty big fan of "new" rock bands like The Mars Volta, The Strokes, The Hives, Arctic Monkeys and Queens of the Stone Age).

Speaking of The Mars Volta, I was such a big fan of the Antemasque project from TMV's Cedric and Omar a few years back that when they released new At The Drive In this year I was initially underwhelmed by what felt a little too much like a backwards step at the time, but after a few months I came back to it, expectations in check, and then it sunk its teeth in real nice.

Brace yourself my darling ... brace yourself for a flood

Corgan always seems to have polarising views to me, lots of people can’t stand his voice, personally I really like it, I’d not say he was a ‘good’ singer but his voice is certainly iconic and really suits SP.

Listened to The Cribs Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever the last couple times I went to the gym. Been years since I've given it a listen. Good shit. Ignore the ignorant is good, too. Looks like they've had a couple albums since then. Need to give them a shot.

Decided to try to listen to the complete works of Kate Bush in chronological order. This confirmed my opinion that yes, some of her stuff is very good but much of it isn't. I was mystified when everyone lost their shit about going to see her live a couple of years back, yet I'd never known any of those people ever mention liking her music before that. It was so weird. Anyway what I'm going to do is create a chronological playlist of the good stuff for future use. :)

Posted (edited)

I just bought The Decemberists' new album, I'll Be Your Girl. Really enjoying it so far, although it's pretty different than the previous albums - synths?!

Edit: On a second listen now and the official verdict is that it is utterly brilliant, buy it now!

Edited by Hereward

Most recent album I've bought is Belle and Sebastian's How To Solve Our Human Problems. There are a few tracks I'm a bit indifferent to but most of it I really like, Sweet Dew Lee and I'll Be Your Pilot in particular.

12 hours ago, Hereward said:

I just bought The Decemberists' new album, I'll Be Your Girl. Really enjoying it so far, although it's pretty different than the previous albums - synths?!

Edit: On a second listen now and the official verdict is that it is utterly brilliant, buy it now!

I forgot that was coming out this week, but I'll get it soon, I like all of their previous albums so I imagine I'll like this as well although the idea of synths on a Decemberists album does seem a bit radical.

On 3/16/2018 at 9:54 AM, Hereward said:

Thanks for the reminder. I need to grab this. 

The new Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats album is apparently just what I needed right now.