US Politics: For Whom the Bell Tolls

Fragile Bird

8 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

So apparently her office's first response was that she had to be pulled out of a bipartisan bible study session to hear what was going on.

That was just masterful trolling by her office.

Although, have to give a massive eyeroll at politicians doing religious shit on the government dime and time.  

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

They can only resist it for so long though, especially if the tax plan fails.

I take offense to this as someone who did this throughout college and had a 3.936 GPA.

:P

Dawg I showed up to take my Vertebrate Zoology final last week an hour late, high, drunk, and bloated like a pregnant monkfish.

The Prof. hasn't put the essay grades up yet, but on the multiple choice and short answer section (130 questions) I have received the top grade in the class.

Super weird grader, btw.

35 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Trump has moved on to sexually demeaning a senator on twitter. With a wink so SHS can still claim the media is twisting his words later on today. 

I can't decide if someone talked him down from 'she comes in on her hands and knees' or if he thinks he's being clever with 'she would do anything'.

30 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

That was just masterful trolling by her office.

Although, have to give a massive eyeroll at politicians doing religious shit on the government dime and time.  

To be fair, their entire life is on government time while in office.

22 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Dawg I showed up to take my Vertebrate Zoology final last week an hour late, high, drunk, and bloated like a pregnant monkfish.

The Prof. hasn't put the essay grades up yet, but on the multiple choice and short answer section (130 questions) I have received the top grade in the class.

Super weird grader, btw.

Try booming just before you have to take a midterm in Abnormal Psychology.

Scored 48/50.

Also, why are you taking a Zoology course? Giving up practicing medicine on humans?

33 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Super weird grader, btw.

I can't decide if someone talked him down from 'she comes in on her hands and knees' or if he thinks he's being clever with 'she would do anything'.

Must be frank. I read the tweet and thought I had the wrong one as I couldn't find the sexist reference. Had to read it a second and then a third time before I found the part that could be touted as offensive, if you stretched it.

You guys must have dirtier minds than I have.

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Scored 48/50.

Also, why are you taking a Zoology course? Giving up practicing medicine on humans?

Yeah right, keyword is Vertebrate man. I'm just racking up some bio credits. I actually have Abnormal Psych on my list of potential classes to take in the next year.

I can't believe you'd think I would give up my control on humans. In a year Kal will flee in terror from every female 'doctor' he sees!

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Scored 48/50.

I found two slang definitions of booming by googling. Do you mean you were playing the drinking game involving bouncing balls, or taking hallucinogenic mushrooms?

Either way, if you then scored 96% on an Abnormal Psychology test, I really wonder about the adequacy of the course you were taking. :)

20 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sure, but there's a world of difference in discussing fairy tales outside of typical working hours and doing it in the middle of the day.  

Going Cuckoo For Conservatism.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/12/12/16762032/trump-moore-republicans-taxes-lies

In Alabama, 71 percent of Republicans say they believe the allegations against Roy Moore are fabricated. In Washington, President Donald Trump believes he “won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally” (he didn’t), that he had “the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan” (nope), that his inauguration crowds were the largest ever (they weren’t), and that virtually any information he dislikes is “FAKE NEWS!”

It’s comforting to imagine this denialism as a particular affliction of the Trumpist factions of the modern GOP. It isn’t. It’s present even in the most sober, credible, and respected corners of the Republican Party. It predates Trump and Moore, and it arguably led to their rise.

Just now, dmc515 said:

In non-Moore, religion, or human experimentation news, GOP leadership thinks they'll have a deal on the tax bill ready to go by the end of the week.

Sorry to give you the vapors.  Imagining your copies of asoiaf are heavily blacked out.

Haha. Honestly though, when I read the tweet, I scanned right past the bracketed phrase, thinking it was referring to her being quite willing to deviate from any professed principled positions in exchange for some funding. The supposed sexist undertone didn't jump out at me at all.

But I guess if you are looking for the tiniest hint of anything of that nature coming from Trump, one can find it pretty much in any ambiguous statement he makes.

1 minute ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

But I guess if you are looking for the tiniest hint of anything of that nature coming from Trump, one can find it pretty much in any ambiguous statement he makes.

He could avoid opening himself up from such controversies by not being a piece of human garbage at every opportunity. I mean, what if he didn't make an ambiguous demeaning statement to a senator?

12 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Sure, but there's a world of difference in discussing fairy tales outside of typical working hours and doing it in the middle of the day.  

How do you know this wasn't on their lunch hour? 

7 minutes ago, Week said:

He could avoid opening himself up from such controversies by not being a piece of human garbage at every opportunity. I mean, what if he didn't make an ambiguous demeaning statement to a senator?

What if he made that exact same statement to a male senator? Why must it be read differently just because she is female? There was nothing gender related in the wording he chose, after all.

EDITED to add

It is insulting, sure, because it is meant as an insult. But it is not a sexist insult.

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

How do you know this wasn't on their lunch hour? 

I always like to eat lunch first thing at 9am.  Makes the work day go by faster amirite. 

I know I know, next you'll try to excuse it by claiming maybe it was their breakfast hour.  Shouldn't be at any hour while at work, especially when in a government building. We ought to be doing everything we can to discourage reliance on this type of stuff.  We should not be teaching our kids that acting as those these myths and fairy tales are literally true.  It's disgusting.

7 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

What if he made that exact same statement to a male senator?

The point is he never would make the exact same statement about a male Senator.  But that point seems utterly beyond your ken.  Sanders, Merkley, Wyden, and Booker all came out for Trump's resignation as well.  Why didn't he attack them?

Just now, dmc515 said:

The point is he never would make the exact same statement about a male Senator.  But that point seems utterly beyond your ken.  Sanders, Merkley, Wyden, and Booker all came out for Trump's resignation as well.  Why didn't he attack them?

Who knows why he attacked this person. My point is simply that just because she is a woman, doesn't make his insult sexist by default. Previous statements of his have been sexist, sure. I don't think this one is.

Archived