NFL 2017: 3000 Miles to Jaceland

Jace, Extat

14 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Yahoo counts any scoring adjustments made by the nfl up until Wednesday or Thursday, can't remember which.  

So no promises.

:angry:

Give me the win. LET ME EAT THE W!!!!!!!!

Wentz officially has a torn ACL.  Sucks for Eagles fans, and while I have been worrying about a potential Eagles SB win since approximately week 6, I am never happy when guys get injured.  Hope he makes it all the way back.

Any chance they give Kaep a call?  They need a backup qb at the very least. 

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

Wentz officially has a torn ACL.  Sucks for Eagles fans, and while I have been worrying about a potential Eagles SB win since approximately week 6, I am never happy when guys get injured.  Hope he makes it all the way back.

Any chance they give Kaep a call?  They need a backup qb at the very least. 

They’d give McNabb a call before Kaepernick.

And while I agree with the overall sentiment on Wentz’ play style, I don’t think you can tell him to do anything different there.  He was diving for the goal line, not an extra two yards at mid field.

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

And while I agree with the overall sentiment on Wentz’ play style, I don’t think you can tell him to do anything different there.  He was diving for the goal line, not an extra two yards at mid field.

The play actually reminded me of a different injury an Eagles quarterback suffered.  I think it was 2011, the Eagles were playing the Redskins and Mike Vick was diving headfirst for a touchdown and got crushed between two defenders.  Vick actually injured his chest, but it was a similarly brutal hit, where the QB's momentum just stops dead. 

12 minutes ago, Rhom said:

If true, that is a huge mistake.  This is a team that could win a title.  You really want a plan C better than Matt McGloin or whatever retread you can find on the market now.

Just now, Bronn Stone said:

If true, that is a huge mistake.  This is a team that could win a title.  You really want a plan C better than Matt McGloin or whatever retread you can find on the market now.

Yeah, and honestly Kaep seems like a good fit for what the Eagles do on offense.  He's not as good in the pocket as Wentz, but he isn't terrible, and he could supplement the run game. 

33 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Romo is more likely to get called than Kaep. The latter will probably never play again. It’s time to accept that reality.

The Eagles play the Cowboys in week 17.  With Dallas clinging to their playoff lives, I'd pay good money to watch Tony Romo come in and eliminate Jerrah's Boys from the post season.  :lol:

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Romo is more likely to get called than Kaep. The latter will probably never play again. It’s time to accept that reality.

I have no doubt Romo will be called.  I don't think he'd accept though.

I read where Bill O'Brien said that he hadn't seen the video of Tom Savage twitching after his hit when the decision was made to send him back in.  I was watching at home and wondering why they weren't triple checking him.  There has to be a fix for that without giving teams the chance to review video on the sideline for non-medical reasons.  I'm not sure what it is, but I would like to think this is an issue that the league, the owners, the coaches and the players could agree on 100%.  I'd like to think the coaches in the booth would chime in on something like that if they saw the replay.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

The Eagles play the Cowboys in week 17.  With Dallas clinging to their playoff lives, I'd pay good money to watch Tony Romo come in and eliminate Jerrah's Boys from the post season.  :lol:

47 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I have no doubt Romo will be called.  I don't think he'd accept though.

I doubt he would do it, though it's the perfect situation for him to fall into.I just think his love for Jerreah is too much to make him join a division rival. 

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

What was the line on Rams v Eagles?

I’m assuming the odd Eagles TD off the Rams desperation lateral had ramifications in Vegas.

Only line it really affected were people who live bet the second half. Rams were favored by 1

3 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

Jay Cutler is dominating the Pats.  Let that sink for a second

Cutler is playing well, and the Patriots are so slow at LB that fast pass-catching backs make them look terrible, especially when they don't have much film on them.

Archived