US Politics : And the Finer Art of Grumbling

GAROVORKIN

13 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I know. It's why I never voted for him. I thought his plans were completely unrealistic.

Philosophically, I don't agree  with Sanders . But,  he did have good intentions. 

The problem he would have run into with free education and free Healthcare  is how to pay for it and then how to sustain it. 

4 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Philosophically, I don't agree  with Sanders . But,  he did have good intentions. 

The problem he would have run into with free education and free Healthcare  is how to pay for it and then how to sustain it. 

If only there was $1.5T just lying around waiting for someone to use ... but Republicans already gave it to corporations and top-earners in their tax cut.

The House Intelligence Committee has agreed to send the Democratic response to Nunes' memo to the WH.

Democrats have asked the FBI and the Justice Department to comment on it.

Nunes was again asked if the WH organized, strategized or directed the memo in any way, and once again Nunes refused to answer, reading out a response that the WH did not draft the memo.

2 hours ago, GAROVORKIN said:

If  you had access to his level of financial and political resources , do you think you could have could you have gotten yourself elected to that job?  

No, because I'm not a narcissistic sociopath. 

44 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

The House Intelligence Committee has agreed to send the Democratic response to Nunes' memo to the WH.

Democrats have asked the FBI and the Justice Department to comment on it.

Nunes was again asked if the WH organized, strategized or directed the memo in any way, and once again Nunes refused to answer, reading out a response that the WH did not draft the memo.

This made me laugh.

1 hour ago, Paladin of Ice said:

Southern Poverty Law Center attributes more than 100 killed or injured by the alt-Reich since 2014

It sure is a good thing terrorism only matters if it's done by a Muslim. Otherwise these issues, and the next generation or two coming of age right now and being raised with this crap as part of their normal surroundings, might be cause for concern.

But we need to understand them and be civil with them and let them have platforms. They aren't hurting anyone! Oh wait............

7 hours ago, Mexal said:

This is big.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/CSM/showMemoPublic.cfm?chamber=H&SPick=20170&cosponId=25163

lol jesus fucking christmas, a pa rep is putting forth a motion to impeach the five judges that ruled against the districting map and refused the stay until after the primaries

3 minutes ago, unpaid comintern said:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/CSM/showMemoPublic.cfm?chamber=H&SPick=20170&cosponId=25163

lol jesus fucking christmas, a pa rep is putting forth a motion to impeach the five judges that ruled against the districting map and refused the stay until after the primaries

Christmas isn't free son, we're in the Privatization period now! 

8 minutes ago, Mexal said:

HA! That's great. I bet she gets death threats for being a greedy whore. 

And no movement on my radical commentary? Come on, guys! Beat me down, give me something to work with! 

Here! I think that there should be one Senate of somewhere around 600 Senators who serve three year terms in a rotating cycle that sees voting every  year on a Monday that is a federal holiday. 

YAAAY! And the executive should still be the 4 years thing, that's whatever. I do like having a populist represented executive function. 

Sen. Duckworth is a badass! Rips Trump over his "treasonous" Dems comment.

We don't live in a dictatorship or a monarchy. I swore an oath—in the military and in the Senate—to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap.

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Bad bitch right there. I've got my eye on her as that CBR deadline comes inching closer

Cadet Bone Spurs. I seriously hope that starts trending on Twitter.

15 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Sen. Duckworth is a badass! Rips Trump over his "treasonous" Dems comment.

I love that she calls him 'Cadet Bone Spurs'!   How do you love them veterans now, Cadet Bone Spurs?

10 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Cadet Bone Spurs. I seriously hope that starts trending on Twitter.

I've done a lot of work in Physical Therapy as a patient and a provider, and I'm just waiting for her to get his attention.

I get the feeling he's going to have trouble cutting that woman's legs out from under her. :smoking:

Duckworth used "Cadet Bone Spurs" in a speech a couple weeks ago:

"I will not be lectured about what our military needs by a five deferment draft-dodger. And I have a message for Cadet Bone Spurs: If you cared about our military, you'd stop baiting Kim Jong Un into a war that could put 85,000 American troops and millions of innocent civilians in danger," Duckworth said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/21/tammy-duckworth-iraq-vet-calls-trump-cadet-bone-spurs.html

I really want that nickname to stick. But there are so many fucking nicknames for our monstrous turd of a President.

On 2/5/2018 at 9:23 AM, Altherion said:

It's the only deal they can get. The Tech Lords are liberal where social issues are concerned, but when it comes to making money, they're no less ruthless than any other corporation. And this will probably be remembered as the good days: sooner or later, Amazon will figure out how to automate those warehouse jobs.

You're partially right about this, but not completely.. Some years back, I do in fact recall, somebody did a poll or a study and found most the "tech lords" lean Democrat and are willing to back most liberal economic policies except on the issues on regulation and unions. These two issues may likely be a bone of contention between them and the rest of the Democratic Party.

And with regard to unions, Amazon's labor practices kind of illustrate exactly why labor power needs a boost in this country.

On 2/5/2018 at 10:35 AM, Martell Spy said:

Shitty labor laws or lack of enforcement. Also Bezos is a Republican, despite the effort to make him out as a liberal Democrat.

Due to Bezos and Amazon's antics I hereby designate him as Jeff Bozo.

On 2/5/2018 at 2:46 PM, The Great Unwashed said:

The skyrocketing market over the past year, along with the 7 consecutive years of job growth and tight labor market have been making me rather antsy, to the point I placed a call to my financial advisor to get some reassurances about the positions in my retirement portfolio, but the past few days have left me less than reassured.

I'm looking to get into some reasonably priced foreign index funds.

On 2/5/2018 at 2:49 PM, GAROVORKIN said:

If its market correction , then things will  be fine,

By back of the envelope math the market is about 60% greater than its fundamental value. Normally a correction from that probably wouldn't be a big deal. Certainly most of the people that hold equities are the well off. So when stock market bubbles bust the wealthy are less likely to reduce their consumption than say when housing prices go bust, which seemingly hits middle class consumption harder and makes real estate bust more deadly. Back during the internet bubble the market was probably overvalued by 3.5. The difference today is that the Fed rate is much lower. Back during the internet bust it was around 6.0 percent. I've brought this point up several times, but what makes the current bubble a bit worrisome is that the Fed has less room to cut and it doesn't seem the type of people Trump is appointing to the Fed are mentally capable of dealing with the situation when the Fed rate goes to 0. And that is a bit worrisome.`

Archived