NBA 2018 - Soup's on!

Jaime L

11 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Yeah it was pretty clear watching it on replay. I don't get the point of NBA's (interminable) replay system if you can't go back and review potentially game-deciding plays like that. Same deal with NFL's arbitrary "unreviewable" play bullshit. 

That said, him drilling a game winning 3 immediately after makes it a moot point. Sure there's a butterfly effect element where maybe Indiana defends the last possession differently or Lebron goes for a game-tying 2 instead. But really there was only 3 seconds on the clock and seemed clear Lebron was set on taking the shot he took 100 times out of 100 and there's little Indiana could or would do to stop that. 

15 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Yeah it was pretty clear watching it on replay. I don't get the point of NBA's (interminable) replay system if you can't go back and review potentially game-deciding plays like that. Same deal with NFL's arbitrary "unreviewable" play bullshit. 

That said, him drilling a game winning 3 immediately after makes it a moot point. Sure there's a butterfly effect element where maybe Indiana defends the last possession differently or Lebron goes for a game-tying 2 instead. But really there was only 3 seconds on the clock and seemed clear Lebron was set on taking the shot he took 100 times out of 100 and there's little Indiana could or would do to stop that. 

They had a foul to give, so they could made it even harder to hit a walk off shot.

That said, the Cavs got hosed on a few calls late too. It happens. 

24 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

They had a foul to give, so they could made it even harder to hit a walk off shot.

That said, the Cavs got hosed on a few calls late too. It happens. 

But they, foolishly, didn't use it with the game tied. I don't see them suddenly using it now that they're up 2. 

20 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

But they, foolishly, didn't use it with the game tied. I don't see them suddenly using it now that they're up 2. 

You risk getting called for a foul if the player can get a quick shot up. In a tie game you don't foul. Up two you do. 

8 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Wow. Paul George was fouled on that 3 point attempt. Stevie Wonder could've seen that.

He did, and the previous one on George was probably a shooting foul as well (they called it on the floor).

That being said, I kinda don't mind it since Utah deserved it. It would have been such a shame for them to lose this game. (Though they will probably get swept by Houston now).

9 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Should be a fun night. We got three elimination games. I'm predicting that Washington and OKC survive while Indiana gets knocked out.

So the exact opposite. Well done.

PG was 2 for 16 and was outscored by Melo in this game. they combined for 12 total points. That's.....just....awful. 

6 hours ago, Triskele said:

Agree that was a clear foul, but OKC missed soooooo many chances that it's harder to sympathize.  Who the fuck is this Mitchell character?  It's just comical that he goes to a Western team.  Next thing, Oladipo will be traded to Sacramento. 

Mitchell played for UofL and was good, but I didn’t think spectacular. Rick Pitino publicly said he should come back to Louisville and run the point if he wanted to succeed in the NBA... :lol: selfish old man.

On 4/23/2018 at 11:33 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Considering all the injuries GS has endured, don't be shocked if NO takes it in six. 

loooool, you're on a roll man. 

20 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

"We got nothing to lose. Everybody has been writing us off anyway," Brown said before Boston's morning shootaround. "We got our backs on the wall, it's at home, we're going to come out and bust through that wall, if that what it takes.

Ebonics + Sports Clichés=Take the points

Admittedly that was a lot of cliches to pack together, but I'm not seeing the "ebonics" here. Because he said "we" instead of "we've" maybe?

Archived