MLB 2018: Sho(hei) Me What You Got

Myshkin

2 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

This team has the potential to be one we talk about in twenty years.

One thing to think about - they've now came back against every single closer from last year's AL playoff teams in the past couple weeks:

Sanchez walkoff against Rodney, Sanchez 3-run HR making Giles punch himself in the face, Allen getting rocked for 3 runs before Torres' walkoff, and now Gardner triple and Judge HR against Kimbrel.  That bodes super well for October.

5 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I've never heard of that actually happening.  

Like seriously, only the Mets can pull off some ridiculous shit like that. The papers will roast them tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Is there any better cure for the hitting blues than playing the 2018 Marlins...?

How about Bryant tickling Starlin during that little skirmish the other night? I laughed.

22 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

What is it with Aaron Boone trying to get two innings out of Betances? 

We just fucking brought it up a few days ago too. I actually missed yesterday’s game but I’m guessing he did it because the pen has been taxed of late?

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

We just fucking brought it up a few days ago too. I actually missed yesterday’s game but I’m guessing he did it because the pen has been taxed of late?

I went to sleep during the delay and apparently they tied it up and he came on, pitched a scoreless 7th and then gives up a homer in the 8th. There has to be a guy who can go two innings that isn't him. 

Boone has to learn when to hold'em and when to fold'em when dealing with Batances.

5 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Boone has to learn when to hold'em and when to fold'em when dealing with Batances.

Meh, Betances actually pitched really well - including after the homer.  The homer was actually a good pitch (97 mph on the inside corner) and Judge still almost caught it if he read it/times his jump better.  The short porch giveth and the short porch taketh away.  Boone's options there were leave Betances in (he was at 12 pitches), or put in Robertson or Shreve.  I stick with Betances to face Martinez and Bogaerts over the latter, and I understand wanting to try to avoid putting in Robertson.  Both him and Green are on pace for almost 80+ innings right now.  Hopefully Betances' performance lately has re-earned him a place in the circle of trust so he can help give those two guys a breather before Warren and/or Kahnle return.

1 hour ago, dmc515 said:

Meh, Betances actually pitched really well - including after the homer.  The homer was actually a good pitch (97 mph on the inside corner) and Judge still almost caught it if he read it/times his jump better.  The short porch giveth and the short porch taketh away.  Boone's options there were leave Betances in (he was at 12 pitches), or put in Robertson or Shreve.  I stick with Betances to face Martinez and Bogaerts over the latter, and I understand wanting to try to avoid putting in Robertson.  Both him and Green are on pace for almost 80+ innings right now.  Hopefully Betances' performance lately has re-earned him a place in the circle of trust so he can help give those two guys a breather before Warren and/or Kahnle return.

He's doing good with one inning appearances but that second inning is always a killer with him. I can't wait until Kahnle and Warren are back.

2 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

One of baseball's most bitter rivalries is renewed today: The Chicago White Sox vs that other Chicago baseball team.

That other team hit a grand slam in tht bottom of the first.

I'm not gonna defend ped use, but it doesn't change anything for me, PEDs can't make a hitter like Cano. Still royally sucks to lose him for 80 games.

Oh, now Cruz may have just broken his foot on a hit by pitch. Being a Mariners fan is suffering.

Edit: X-Ray came back negative for Cruz, just a bruise.

Who was Cano's best friend on the Yanks?  Melky.  So...yeah.  Not surprised.

Hate that the Yanks have to restart a game at 5 tomorrow.  Ugh.  You suck DC, stop raining.

5 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Who was Cano's best friend on the Yanks?  Melky.  So...yeah.  Not surprised.

Hate that the Yanks have to restart a game at 5 tomorrow.  Ugh.  You suck DC, stop raining.

I was surprised, when they covered the field they made it seem as if it was going to be quick. 

Archived