U. S. Politics: A noun, a verb and no collusion.

LongRider

Another PA GOP Congressman Resigns, Triggering Another Special Election Democrats Likely to Win

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/04/patrick-meehan-resigns-triggering-another-special-election.html

And now Meehan, who has been under the cloud of a sexual harassment scandal, has just resigned as well, after announcing he would pay back $39,000 his office disbursed to a Meehan staffer as part of a settlement he reached with her to head off accusations of improper advances.

Meehan’s 7th congressional district–the most blatantly gerrymandered of all the Pennsylvania districts–had been atomized in the new map drawn by the state Supreme Court. But his resignation now means Republicans will have to defend it one more time in a special election that is quite likely to produce some more bad vibes and bad headlines for the GOP. 

Trump: Paralympics Was ‘Tough to Watch'

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-paralympics-was-tough-to-watch?ref=home

President Donald Trump expressed his own apparent personal discomfort with watching the athletes with disabilities compete. “What happened with the Paralympics was so incredible and so inspiring to me,” Trump said. “And I watched — it's a little tough to watch too much, but I watched as much as I could.” 

18 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Oh yeah, Don Lemon asked Mark McKinnon about that last night and the latter's response was simple and succinct.

"I have a brother in a wheelchair, and that's hard to hear."

I used to dabble in physical therapy (more than dabbled as a patient) as a provider and if that orange aborted abortion had an ounce of the internal fortitude of really anyone who's overcome a life changing injury then he wouldn't be sending his entire nuclear family to prison one tweet at a time.

Meanwhile, Pompeo says Trump won't renew Iran deal.

So hopefully that throws a wrench in all this Nobel Peace Prize business.

1 hour ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

So hopefully that throws a wrench in all this Nobel Peace Prize business.

Don't know about the Nobel Peace Prize but I hear he's nailed down the Lothario Pee-Pee Prize. 

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I just wanted highlight that everyday people really don’t know that much about politics, our country’s history and the important affairs of our times. 

Buchanan has bust written all over him. While his pre-presidential resume is impressive, I don’t believe it will transfer to the next level. He has poor vision, lacks of leadership skills and likely won’t be able to rally people around him in turbulent times. I believe that the American people should pass on Philip Buchanan.

???

Trump’s tweet target this weekend has started with Senator John Tester, who is facing re-election this year. He’s calling for Tester to resign, for speaking to the media about the complaints made against his doctor nominee for the VA.

Obviously this is going to form a huge part of the attack on him from now until November.

9 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Trump’s tweet target this weekend has started with Senator John Tester, who is facing re-election this year. He’s calling for Tester to resign, for speaking to the media about the complaints made against his doctor nominee for the VA.

Obviously this is going to form a huge part of the attack on him from now until November.

The silver lining appears to be that nobody outside of Rick Santorum gives a fuck about Ronnie Jackson.

19 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Tastes like sour grapes to me.  I'm saying it was a factor, not that it's the primary factor.

You literally said it was the primary factor.

That's just patently wrong, although unsurprisingly full of shit like this whole post you've had.  I don't know how many times I've shown the economic models predicting the national vote almost exactly, I'm not gonna do it again.  If you want studies that show those that went Obama-Trump also identified the economy as their main concern, there's plenty of those out there as well.  I'm done walking you through basic research and empirical facts.

You're the one who's so sure of yourself.  It's not refuted by any link I'm providing, nor you, and is in fact supported. 

So far, it's not been supported by any facts you supplied.

But, please, keep on responding with pathetically righteous anger.  It makes me look better.

It's cute that you think I'm angry. 

16 hours ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

I honestly do not care and genuine peace will great. I would personally give him the award myself. 

Those that view war as sickness and disease should see in Korea as what can happen when the fever is finally allow to break.

Will this logic follow with Iran or allow to return to Cuba is something to be seen.

If Trump goes over for photo-ops and sign treaties finalize between the Koreas will be for the best.

Only if they can prove valid nuclear capacity.

That's the real lesson to take from this IMO. Prove nuclear capacity, complete with missile delivery system, then sue for peace from that position of strength, and you'll get what you want.

Disarm or prove that you don't have valid capacity, and you'll be destroyed and personally put to death.

5 hours ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

The silver lining appears to be that nobody outside of Rick Santorum gives a fuck about Ronnie Jackson.

It would kind of suck if all of those allegations that derailed his nomination and destroyed his reputation turn out to be false/rumors/baseless.

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It would kind of suck if all of those allegations that derailed his nomination and destroyed his reputation turn out to be false/rumors/baseless.

They're based on an Inspector General report. While it would suck, chances are very good that they aren't baseless, especially since over 20 people reported him. 

9 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

They're based on an Inspector General report. While it would suck, chances are very good that they aren't baseless, especially since over 20 people reported him. 

I thought the IG report only detailed issues with some kind of power play that created a tense working environment?  Not anything about drunkenness or wrecking cars or giving out free pills?  But perhaps I am mistaken.  

16 minutes ago, LongRider said:

ABC News reports that the Secret Service says that they don't have records of Jackson banging on hotel doors late at night or wrecking cars. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/secret-service-disputes-allegation-adm-ronny-jackson/story?id=54780885

I heard that, along with the fact that reporters heard from 4 different sources that this happened. That suggests that the agents on duty decided not to file a report.

U.S.-North Korea Summit Will Reportedly Take Place in Mongolia or Singapore

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/04/u-s-north-korea-summit-will-reportedly-be-held-in-mongolia-or-singapore.html

While the two Korean leaders pledged to rid the heavily armed peninsula of nuclear weapons, they put no timeline on that process, nor did they set out a common definition of what a nuclear-free Korea would look like. Instead, they agreed to pursue a peace treaty this year that would formally end the Korean War after nearly seven decades of hostilities.

The talk of peace is likely to weaken the two levers that Mr. Trump used to pressure Mr. Kim to come to the bargaining table. A resumption of regular diplomatic exchanges between the two Koreas, analysts said, will inevitably erode the crippling economic sanctions against the North, while Mr. Trump will find it hard to threaten military action against a country that is extending an olive branch.

5 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

I want Mongolia for any potential comment involving Ghengis Khan.

"I'm so glad to be here in MONgoliA!

What a country huh? Most people, most people don't know. But we thought it would be a great place, I said I said 'Why don't we do it in Mongolia? It's neutral, it's in the area, we might even be related!'

Did you know that? Yes. Yes. Most people. Most people are related to Gengis (he'd mispronounce it like that) Kan. Can you believe that? I tell you one thing, I think the Un family must be pretty closely related!"

Archived