secret service/mission impossible

Matter-of-fact

• Your mission should you decide to accept it, is to create a secret department/agency that will monitor the various noble houses of Westeros independently from the master of whispers As always, should you or any of your Force be caught or killed, the crown will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This paper will self-destruct in five/ten seconds. Good luck, 

how would you complete this mission if you accepted if you start at the beginning of Robert reign?

If I'm really going to form a secret service which people don't notice, I have to basically kill half the Small Council first. So assuming that I have the King's permission, we find a way to kill off Pycelle, Varys, and Littlefinger that absolves the king. I'd do it myself, even, and when I'm sent to the Black Cells, I'm smuggled back out again after a prisoner who looks like me is tortured and killed in my stead. With a new secret life, I hire a network of spies and keep tabs on the Lords Paramount, and their most prominent bannermen. 

43 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Hasn't this been a thing in Oldtown for like 1000 years?

Yeah, any kind of intelligence operation would be best funneled through the maesters and septons. Just piggyback on what they already have, then partner with one or two Northern/Iron Island houses who want to advance their positions for serving as extra eyes/ears in the more remote regions. 

I'll set up shops in tailor shops throughout the 7K cause lord and commoner alike need a stylish suit... I mean tunic.

I'll also set up shop in breweries and the like in Essos for foreign espionage and as a contingency plan if the branch in Westeros is compromised.

I plan on naming the agencies Crownsman and Citiesman.

Archived