Danys campaign

5 hours ago, hodorisfaclessman said:

Seems almost swt in stone dany will go back to westeros ,how does everyone see her campaign for IT going forward?

It will play out in much the same way as the first conquest.  Dany will play the role of Aegon the Conqueror.   

Just now, hodorisfaclessman said:

Could very well do

If her forces win 2nd siege of mereen i imagine multiple free cities will have slave uprisings

There's still a lot to do in Essos.  I would imagine winter will be covering Westeros by the time she's ready to cross the oceans to the west.  The resistance will come from the Others because most of the people will be dead by then.  The Baratheons, the Starks, etc., will have died or turned to wights.  

3 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

The resistance will come from the Others because most of the people will be dead by then.  The Baratheons, the Starks, etc., will have died or turned to wights.  

Sounds like a show fan comment… And what would be the point of conquering a land invaded by monsters, where all humans are dead? If the great families have died or turned to wights, I can't see how a single commoner would have survived.

It makes no sense…

If she brings along a lot of Dothraki I think she will be in for a world of hurt. Unleashing an army infamous for their raping, pillaging and slavery (Unless she reaches a deific status I'm having a hard time seeing her totaly stomp that out) is not going to do wonder for her PR.

When winter truly hits the Dothraki are way out of what climate they are accustomed to and finding feed for all those horses is going to be a shit show.

TL;DR: Dothraki invasion right now = lots of zombies on horses pretty soon.

interesting topic. I hope all of the world building from Tyrion, Quentyn, and Victarion's arcs come into play. Maybe some people will join Dany like the inhabitants left at the Rhoyne. Some will probably oppose her like the corsairs from the Basilisk isles. I look forward to seeing new places like Lorath, Norvos, and especially Quohor. Maybe some people we haven't heard much of like the Jogos Nhai will join her. There's still a a lot of interesting places to explore and plot lines to conclude before Dany makes it to Westeros. I'm very invested in where the Dothraki storyline goes, but I don't see that many of them joining her because she has a dragon. they're pretty shitty people and most of them need to die. 

If i could talk about the show for a minute, I was not a fan of how she landed on Dragonstone, came up with a bunch of stupid ploys to take the Iron Throne, and got many who followed her killed. Fuck the Iron Throne. I'm hoping by the time she reached Westeros, she'll tear a page out of Davos/Stannis' book, and save the kingdoms before ruling them. Let KL implode around itself and focus on the Others.  

4 hours ago, Ylath's Snout said:

If she brings along a lot of Dothraki I think she will be in for a world of hurt. Unleashing an army infamous for their raping, pillaging and slavery (Unless she reaches a deific status I'm having a hard time seeing her totaly stomp that out) is not going to do wonder for her PR.

When winter truly hits the Dothraki are way out of what climate they are accustomed to and finding feed for all those horses is going to be a shit show.

I agree.  Having the Dothraki as part of her army will NOT help her.  Her opponents will use them against her. 

12 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

Sounds like a show fan comment… And what would be the point of conquering a land invaded by monsters, where all humans are dead? If the great families have died or turned to wights, I can't see how a single commoner would have survived.

It makes no sense…

Agreed. Plus planning an invasion in the dead of the winter would be folly, especially when a good deal of her forces will be soldiers used to warmer climates.  I'm sure Barristan will be urging her to go to Westeros ASAP. Plus I think when Dany hears of a (f)Aegon laying his claim it will be the final straw for her and she will make haste to go west. 

12 hours ago, Mooncalf said:

interesting topic. I hope all of the world building from Tyrion, Quentyn, and Victarion's arcs come into play. Maybe some people will join Dany like the inhabitants left at the Rhoyne. Some will probably oppose her like the corsairs from the Basilisk isles. I look forward to seeing new places like Lorath, Norvos, and especially Quohor. Maybe some people we haven't heard much of like the Jogos Nhai will join her. There's still a a lot of interesting places to explore and plot lines to conclude before Dany makes it to Westeros. I'm very invested in where the Dothraki storyline goes, but I don't see that many of them joining her because she has a dragon. they're pretty shitty people and most of them need to die. 

If i could talk about the show for a minute, I was not a fan of how she landed on Dragonstone, came up with a bunch of stupid ploys to take the Iron Throne, and got many who followed her killed. Fuck the Iron Throne. I'm hoping by the time she reached Westeros, she'll tear a page out of Davos/Stannis' book, and save the kingdoms before ruling them. Let KL implode around itself and focus on the Others.  

I'm fine with that as long as she gets all of Westeros and rules for the next eighty years as her reward.  

And don't worry about KL imploding.  The land is on its way to doing just that.  The WotFK has done more damage and brought the country down to the worse it has been since the Targaryens united the lands.  

19 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

I agree.  Having the Dothraki as part of her army will NOT help her.  Her opponents will use them against her. 

Her opponents will use her name against her (~Mad Queen) they will use the Unsullied against her (~eunochs) and they will use her Westerosi allies against her (~the Imp and IB-scum). They will use lies against her too (the slavers already do). In war you will have zero use for goodwill if your army isn't strong enough to win. And if you're strong enough to win.. you don't really need goodwill anyway. That's something you can work on when not at war. 

Plus the Dothraki and the Wildlings have so much in common - it would be totally sweet if whats left of both repopulates the Gift. I'd seriously die for a wildling/dothraki bromance. :love:

On 5/12/2018 at 1:25 PM, Agent Orange said:

There's still a lot to do in Essos.  I would imagine winter will be covering Westeros by the time she's ready to cross the oceans to the west.  The resistance will come from the Others because most of the people will be dead by then.  The Baratheons, the Starks, etc., will have died or turned to wights.  

I feel the breaking of the siege will be the breaking of the slavers and the free cites packed witth rebellious slaves ,quarth dany will prob take from its less well defended side from the dessert with her new buddies after drogon roasts a few to put her in charge

Meanwhile the others prob wont be a major issue til last bookknowing grmm

On 5/12/2018 at 5:04 PM, Ylath's Snout said:

Agreed

It strikes me that the free cities and iron bank all have incentives to help danys opp if she mobilizes a large part of the dothraki khalassars behind her too......the economic benefits of not having to pay what amounts to massive sums of protection money would be huge  !

Not to mention the huge boom in all communities not having them as a threat .....vast areas of probably decent land currentl unused outside the cities would be snatched up now if the dothraki menace was exterminated. The tall men etc could regrow their domain etc

The dothraki are a useful slave gathering force but id bet the various  slaver pirates  raiding all around that part of the world would prob be a much bigger source of fresh 'cattle'

22 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

There's not going to be much enemy left.  I don't see any significant resistance to Dany at all.  The people are fed up with the aftermath of the war of the five kings and they just might welcome back a return to Targaryen rule under Dany.  The Dothraki have a more important purpose than saving the people of Westeros from the Others.  I believe the purpose of the Dothraki is to enforce Dany's rule in Essos.  And Essos is a big place that will require the Dothraki.

10 minutes ago, Agent Orange said:

I believe the purpose of the Dothraki is to enforce Dany's rule in Essos.  And Essos is a big place that will require the Dothraki.

Ehh maybe but I'm having a hard time seeing it. Dany and most Dothraki Khals have completely opposite goals:

Dany is The Breaker Of Chains and Khalasars tend to be roving slaver bands. 

Unless Dany pulls a heel turn and becomes "The Make of Chains" or the Dothraki out right reject slavery then there is a fatal crack in any Dany-Dothraki alliance.

14 hours ago, Only 89 selfies today said:

I'm fine with that as long as she gets all of Westeros and rules for the next eighty years as her reward.  

And don't worry about KL imploding.  The land is on its way to doing just that.  The WotFK has done more damage and brought the country down to the worse it has been since the Targaryens united the lands.  

Unless you count the Dance of the Dragons and the various Blackfyre Rebellions. 

The War of the Fire Kings has done the most damage.  What matters most is the damage of the WOTFKs is still happening.  People are not as worried about what happened a century ago as they are worried about the current predicament that they are in because of the Starks, Lannisters, Baratheons, Greyjoys, and Tullys.  The throne is in debt.  Stannis just borrowed more money and that in turn will add to the throne's debt if he should manage to get himself crowned.  The Watch is now in debt.  Whoever succeeds the executed Jon Snow as the new lord commander will have to deal with that debt.  Dorne is plotting against the king on the throne.  Aegon and the GC are on the attack.  Westeros will much prefer to be ruled by Queen Daenerys when the possible alternatives are Littlefinger, Jon Snow (if he survives his stabbing, which I hope he doesn't), Euron Greyjoy, Cersei Lannister, and Stannis Baratheon (if he survived the battle for Winterfell, which he did not, according to the pink letter).

On 5/12/2018 at 11:59 AM, Nowy Tends said:

It makes no sense…

Don't you know, Targs don't need anyone else, they really like to keep it in the family. :blink:

12 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

There's not going to be much enemy left.  I don't see any significant resistance to Dany at all.  The people are fed up with the aftermath of the war of the five kings and they just might welcome back a return to Targaryen rule under Dany.  The Dothraki have a more important purpose than saving the people of Westeros from the Others.  I believe the purpose of the Dothraki is to enforce Dany's rule in Essos.  And Essos is a big place that will require the Dothraki.

Aegon has stolen her thunder in that regard. He's the young male heir of Rhaegar Targaryen, leading the most disciplined army in the world, with Varys working PR for him, and in the sample chapter...

... already in talks with Dorne about an alliance, and in his first battle he's managed to capture Storm's End and is marching to defeat the Tyrell army.

He's everything a Targaryen supporter could want in a claimant. If either he or Dany is uninterested in sharing power then she'll need to defeat him and his allies, so her invasion likely won't be smooth.

Archived