NBA Free Agency 2018: Independence day, unless you're in San Antonio

Red Tiger

34 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I know nothing about this, convicted subsequently? 

It was a civil case, not a criminal one. And he, along with his rapey buddy, were found not liable. According to deposition docs Rose doesn't know what consent is. 

https://www.google.cz/amp/s/theundefeated.com/whhw/derrick-rose-and-friends-cleared-of-gang-rape-charges-in-los-angeles/amp/

More bullshit from this fucking douche. As i said, fuck Rose. He can go straight to hell. Little bitch cried last night too, after dropping 50. Gtfo. 

Q: So they just said, ‘Hey, it’s the middle of the night. Let’s go over to plaintiff’s house’ and they never gave you a reason why they wanted to go over there?’

Rose: No, but we men. You can assume.

Q: I’m sorry?

Rose: I said we men. You can assume. Like we leaving to go over to someone’s house at 1 a.m., there’s nothing to talk about.

Q: All right. Is there  —  within what you just reviewed in those text messages — is there anything within them that would lead you to believe that plaintiff wanted to have sex with you and the other two defendants on Aug. 26, 2013?

Rose: No.

Yeah, there’s no doubt he and his friends raped her. It’s the biggest reason why I didn’t want the team to sign him. It made me cringe watching the game because I would root for him and then stop and go, “oh wait, he’s evil.”

Heard an interesting stat. There are six teams in the league that shoot roughly 40% of their shots from three. Five of those teams are near the bottom of the league in shot efficiency. Inversely, there are six teams that shoot only 30% of their shots from three. Five of those teams are near the top of the league in offensive efficiency.

Translation: don’t imitate the Warriors. You are not the Warriors. They have the best pure shooter ever. They might also have the best spot up shooter ever. And they might have a top five all time pure scorer. You can’t replicate that.

Let's not forget that, before he gang-raped a girl, Derrick Rose also cheated on the SAT to even get into college, and his school had to vacate all their wins from that year (they ended up losing in the national championship) while he ran off to the NBA and left the program in shambles.

He's always been a piece of shit.

4 minutes ago, briantw said:

Let's not forget that, before he gang-raped a girl, Derrick Rose also cheated on the SAT to even get into college, and his school had to vacate all their wins from that year (they ended up losing in the national championship) while he ran off to the NBA and left the program in shambles.

He's always been a piece of shit.

That's actually not what happened... its what everyone thinks happened.  But factually not the case.

Rose failed one SAT.  He later obtained a higher score while taking the test in another state while in town with his AAU team.  (That's where the "he cheated on the SAT" comes in.)  The collegiate testing service never accused him of cheating.  They did however send a certified letter to his home in Chicago asking why he took the test in another state.  They sent this letter in the middle of the college basketball season when he was living in Memphis.  Rose did not respond to this letter.  Because they did not receive a response, they retroactively invalidated his score.  The NCAA then went back and said that without a valid SAT score, he was never eligible to compete in college.  Rose left and went number one overall and it was a full year later before the NCAA ruled on the case.  His coach left for a better job a year later.  The top assistant took the job in Memphis and continued to recruit at a high level, but couldn't succeed on the court and lost his job several years later.

Never accused of cheating.  No shambles.  But the optics are there and it certainly looks like your story is true.  The facts don't bear that out.

I know that I am stepping into a very tenuous position here... but that also sounds like what we may be dealing with in the rape case.  It certainly looks like they raped her.  However, our justice system requires more than just being a douchebag when it comes to our sexual practices to be called "rape."  I hesitate to place my own judgement in place of the fact that he was never convicted of a crime nor found liable in a civil case (where the standard of proof is much lower.)

I'm not saying dude is a choirboy.  I am however saying that our society is based around a presumption of innocence.  

34 minutes ago, Rhom said:

That's actually not what happened... its what everyone thinks happened.  But factually not the case.

Rose failed one SAT.  He later obtained a higher score while taking the test in another state while in town with his AAU team.  (That's where the "he cheated on the SAT" comes in.)  The collegiate testing service never accused him of cheating.  They did however send a certified letter to his home in Chicago asking why he took the test in another state.  They sent this letter in the middle of the college basketball season when he was living in Memphis.  Rose did not respond to this letter.  Because they did not receive a response, they retroactively invalidated his score.  The NCAA then went back and said that without a valid SAT score, he was never eligible to compete in college.  Rose left and went number one overall and it was a full year later before the NCAA ruled on the case.  His coach left for a better job a year later.  The top assistant took the job in Memphis and continued to recruit at a high level, but couldn't succeed on the court and lost his job several years later.

Never accused of cheating.  No shambles.  But the optics are there and it certainly looks like your story is true.  The facts don't bear that out.

I know that I am stepping into a very tenuous position here... but that also sounds like what we may be dealing with in the rape case.  It certainly looks like they raped her.  However, our justice system requires more than just being a douchebag when it comes to our sexual practices to be called "rape."  I hesitate to place my own judgement in place of the fact that he was never convicted of a crime nor found liable in a civil case (where the standard of proof is much lower.)

I'm not saying dude is a choirboy.  I am however saying that our society is based around a presumption of innocence.  

You're actually off on this.

Rose failed the ACT three times, not once.  Then, he took the SAT in Detroit and passed.  The theory is that he hired someone else to take the test for him, and it's a pretty believable theory.  A handwriting expert couldn't make a definitive decision, but said that the handwriting on Rose's test probably wasn't his.  

There are also theories about why he took the SAT in Detroit dealing with Worldwide Wes having set up shop there.  

My take on this is that he almost certainly hired someone to take the test for him, because I just don't see a guy who bombed the ACT three times and was a career terrible student passing the SAT on his first try.  

Now, did they have proof that he hired someone to take the test for him?  No.  But he probably did.

2 hours ago, briantw said:

You're actually off on this.

Rose failed the ACT three times, not once.  Then, he took the SAT in Detroit and passed.  The theory is that he hired someone else to take the test for him, and it's a pretty believable theory.  A handwriting expert couldn't make a definitive decision, but said that the handwriting on Rose's test probably wasn't his.  

There are also theories about why he took the SAT in Detroit dealing with Worldwide Wes having set up shop there.  

My take on this is that he almost certainly hired someone to take the test for him, because I just don't see a guy who bombed the ACT three times and was a career terrible student passing the SAT on his first try.  

Now, did they have proof that he hired someone to take the test for him?  No.  But he probably did.

More than likely, he may have.  But again, that was never proven and it isn’t why his score was invalidated.

My overall point remains.  We are attributing guilt where it has not been established.

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

More than likely, he may have.  But again, that was never proven and it isn’t why his score was invalidated.

My overall point remains.  We are attributing guilt where it has not been established.

Yeah, but this isn't a court of law.  None of us are trying to get Derrick Rose charged with anything.  We're just acknowledging that he's probably both a cheater and a rapist. 

Archived