Stuck in my ways and fine with it!

BigFatCoward

21 hours ago, Jo498 said:

Shoe shopping is better than shopping for trousers because one does not need a changing booth...

Shopping for trousers is hell.

Honestly, whenever I shop for trousers I feel like I have an extremely weird physique, that my thighs (and even calves) are huge. Almost every pair of trousers I try on are tight around my thighs with at least an inch or even two room around my waist.

Now that I think about it, trousers are the one thing I'm really set in my ways about. I like cargo pants that are a bit more comfortable, maybe even baggy by current fashion industry standards. One would think that would be as easy a find as possible but one would be wrong. ;) 

I've found a jeans manufacturer online that makes jeans for people who have more muscular lower body than what fashion industry would like us to have, but I just can't buy a pair of pants without trying them on first.

1 minute ago, baxus said:

I've found a jeans manufacturer online that makes jeans for people who have more muscular lower body than what fashion industry would like us to have, but I just can't buy a pair of pants without trying them on first.

Interest is perked. Link? It'd be nice to not rely on a belt as much as I do.

4 minutes ago, The EnglishBear said:

Interest is perked. Link? It'd be nice to not rely on a belt as much as I do.

Here's he link.

DISCLAIMER: Bear in mind that I have never actually owned or worn any of their stuff so I can't recommend or endorse them. This is just something I came across online and found interesting. ;) 

6 hours ago, baxus said:

Oh really?

I can't wear super skinny jeans because my calves are also very muscular. Well, in reality I hate these type of jeans. . I also don't like high waist jeans, because they are uncomfortable (especially after eating) and now these are the norm.

I've been patiently waiting for years and years for the mid waist flared jeans to return, but it doesn't happen. At least I still have some of them from my 15th year-old self. But I  have to treat them very carefully...

7 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I don’t even know what to call half of the trousers I wear - I don’t know their names.  I wear a lot of leggings though. Yes, I wear leggings as trousers - don’t judge me :lol: 

I also wear leggings as trousers many times, especially in winter, xd.

12 hours ago, The EnglishBear said:

Almost every pair of trousers I've been through develop a hole in exactly the same spot, directly below my arse, I think it's because I cycle a lot. If someone could make jeans that are thicker in that area I'd snatch them up immediately.

Yup same for me. Especially the jeans I tend to wear to work.

I am set in my ways though, and know which jeans fit me and I go back to the same model until idiot stores discontinue them.

I am looking at the number of shoes people here claim to own, then looking at my own slowly expanding collection and doubting myself a bit. But no I can defend every single pair I currently own.

I like the Denizen 231 jeans.  Denizen is the Levis discount brand sold at Target.  I am not sure how fashionable they are but they are up there with the most comfortable jeans I've ever worn.  I doubt they are all that durable, though.  Once I discovered them I bought like ten pairs.  I once had a dark green pair of Diesel jeans that were nearly perfect.  I have yet to find their equal.

I have two pairs of Docs, five pairs of Keens, a couple pairs of Cons and an assortment of other boots and shoes that I cannot remember from whence they came.

15 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I also wear leggings as trousers many times, especially in winter, xd.

How warm are winters where you are? :o I would wear leggings and trousers over them in winter, if there were no such thing as tights.

Just now, Buckwheat said:

How warm are winters where you are? :o I would wear leggings and trousers over them in winter, if there were no such thing as tights.

Mmmh....well it's very rare to be below 0ºC in the coldest days (unless you go to the mountaneous regions) and 8-10ºC is common. But I also have leggins that are thermal.

Then also add the fact that for some reason I prefer cold to heat :P

The problem are summers....oh my....I wanted to go to Scandinavia this summer but I finally couldn't (although, well, in the end it's been hot everywhere)...

On 8/18/2018 at 2:16 PM, The EnglishBear said:

Almost every pair of trousers I've been through develop a hole in exactly the same spot, directly below my arse, I think it's because I cycle a lot. If someone could make jeans that are thicker in that area I'd snatch them up immediately.

How did this go a full day without a fart joke?  Y’all are slipping.

When I was riding a bike almost every day in my teens and twenties the problem was not split seams but a kind of wearing out of the bottom/crotch of jeans that could not helped by such simple means. The fabric simply became worn out rather quickly.

This was simple in my 20s, I basically bought Levi's 501 or 551 (one has a zipper I think) if they were on sale. I would get 31 waist, if I could find them, or 32 with a belt. In my early 30s I switched to 32. Then I kind of grew out of wearing mostly/only jeans and also became too fat. So I had to try different brands and the sizes are often differing quite a bit, e.g. I sometimes could still use 32 waist, sometimes 33, sometimes 34 (and there are also the European sizes). I really hate to get into the booth with half dozen of trousers, undress, try them, stay aware of the fact that some kinds will become a little looser/wider with laundering/wearing, others a little tighter etc.

Then I lost some weight about 10 years ago in mid-thirties, happy about that I bought a bunch of trousers rather optimistically. Brief story: I wore them for about a summer and fall and afterwards they were too tight and spend almost 10 years in the closet. Good thing is that I now with again 10 kilos less I have quite a few nice trousers almost as good as new...

Archived