Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PyroclasticFlow

MLB Offseason 2018: Harper, Your Herald Boras Sings

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:22 PM, .H. said:

Now Bird is on the IL.  Just have this feeling this year is some sort of bad joke...

23 hours ago, .H. said:

Yeah, honestly, it was just a matter of time on him really, but at this exact time? :uhoh:

20 hours ago, DMC said:

Greg Bird getting injured is both the least surprising thing ever and the least detrimental to the team.  Mike Ford has been pretty good in Triple A.  Maybe he can help the team out while they're injured up the ass.  Honestly, this takes much to say, but I'd rather have Tulo get healthy before Bird.  The latter is done.  Fly away planter fasciitis.  I'm pretty sure I have planter fasciitis too, but I don't bitch about it.  Health is a skill, and Bird is as brittle as well..

Meh, let's see how tomorrow goes.  If you split the series that's a win.  If I were a Sawks fan, what I'd be worried about is Sale.

Yeah I'm not shocked at all by him getting hurt. Frankly the only shocking thing is it not happening sooner.

How are the Red Sox this bad? The only team with a worse run differential are the Marlins, and they don't deserve to be called a pro team.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

How are the Red Sox this bad? The only team with a worse run differential are the Marlins, and they don't deserve to be called a pro team.

I'm sure they'll win, like, 50 of 70 after the ASB and go on to dominate in the playoffs.  Boston and all their douchebags have had undeniable sports magic for almost 20 years now, definitely not ready to recalibrate expectations there.

Tauchman... the Sock Man!

Fucking Sterling.

ETA: Judge leaves the game after a single. Looks like his oblique or something. Immediately grabbed his side. Ugh

8 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Tauchman... the Sock Man!

Fucking Sterling.

ETA: Judge leaves the game after a single. Looks like his oblique or something. Immediately grabbed his side. Ugh

There Injured List would be running away with the division. This had to happen just before Sanchez is due to return.  

As long as it's got Clint Frazier in it, we good.  But yeah, other than LeMahieu and Gardner, that lineup could feasibly be Scranton's at full health.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

As long as it's got Clint Frazier in it, we good.  But yeah, other than LeMahieu and Gardner, that lineup could feasibly be Scranton's at full health.

I'm glad he's making the most of his opportunity to shine. 

That was a bomb by Red Thunder. What the fuck is up with Chad Green though? 

Vladdy Jr. coming soon. I can’t wait for him to be a thorn in our side for the next decade.

7 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

That was a bomb by Red Thunder. What the fuck is up with Chad Green though? 

Vladdy Jr. coming soon. I can’t wait for him to be a thorn in our side for the next decade.

Frazier is the one of the few bright spots about the season so far. Green says it is something about his mechanics, I'm not sure I buy it though.  Just like his daddy was.

Urshela has been raking so of course he gets drilled on the hand. Despite that, and LeMahieu leaving the game, this team has been en fuego. Gary hit another moonshot and German was pitching lights out(until that last inning). A lot of positivity despite this run of shit injury luck. Andujar, Hicks and Tulo expected back soon. Hopefully Frazier too in a few weeks.

I hadn’t realized Bellinger was batting .422 to go along with his power numbers. Damn! 

Blue Jays undefeated with Vlad Jr...maybe @James Arryn will make an appearance here.

5 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Andujar, Hicks and Tulo expected back soon. Hopefully Frazier too in a few weeks.

Stanton should be back sooner than Hicks.  After the the 2 games with Arizona they have ten games with Minnesota/Seattle/Tampa, all of which are pretty damn good right now.  We'll see.  The magic can wear off quick.

5 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Urshela has been raking so of course he gets drilled on the hand. Despite that, and LeMahieu leaving the game, this team has been en fuego. Gary hit another moonshot and German was pitching lights out(until that last inning). A lot of positivity despite this run of shit injury luck. Andujar, Hicks and Tulo expected back soon. Hopefully Frazier too in a few weeks.

I hadn’t realized Bellinger was batting .422 to go along with his power numbers. Damn! 

Blue Jays undefeated with Vlad Jr...maybe @James Arryn will make an appearance here.

Dat Barrel Control Do.

15 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Urshela's MRI or xray came up negative sp there's that. And Frazier was hitting in the cage and running on a treadmill, I think he's going to run on the field in Arizona. And I think Andujar is going to start a rehab assignment soon. I just hope they can still remember how to manufacture some runs when they are back at close to full strength.

24 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

And I think Andujar is going to start a rehab assignment soon.

I thought I recalled reading that he already did, but with so many people on the IL, maybe I am remembering wrong.  This ESPN article a couple days ago said something like maybe a week or so and he might be back:

The best part of the timing of Sanchez's suddenly sweet swinging is that it comes just ahead of a series of other key Yankees comebacks. Miguel Andujar (small labrum tear) could be back in the lineup in a week. In the couple of days after that, Troy Tulowitzki (left calf strain) could accompany him. Giancarlo Stanton (shoulder/left biceps strain) could be back a few days after them.

31 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I just hope they can still remember how to manufacture some runs when they are back at close to full strength.

Yeah, if they can play a sort of hybrid sort of way, it could be real effective.  Unfortunately, I think Stanton is a absolute brick tied to the team's leg though, but I guess we'll see how it comes together.  Imagine entertaining even the vague possibility that a team is "better off" with Tyler Wade than Stanton.  Crazy pills...