Upcoming TV Series of 2019/2020 - Your most anticipated shows

AncalagonTheBlack

21 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Britannia season 2

Britannia season two will premiere Thursday, November 7 on Sky Atlantic. The series will premiere in the UK first on Sky Atlantic and then air a week later on Amazon Prime Video in the US.

Whaaaaaawtttttt?

A second season, after all this time! -- of this unwatchable steaming heap of shyte?

Yet Polo was canceled ... and just when it got really good (and the Blue Princess, thank goddessa, was dead and gone).

5 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Whaaaaaawtttttt?

A second season, after all this time! -- of this unwatchable steaming heap of shyte?

Yet Polo was canceled ... and just when it got really good (and the Blue Princess, thank goddessa, was dead and gone).

I second this opinion.

2 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I second this opinion.

They even spent money on elephants to do this????????

Since when did the Romans bring elephants to Britain -- o just nevermind.

P.S. I love elephants as much as anybody and am aware this is not the fault of the elephants in any way or form.

3 minutes ago, Zorral said:

They even spent money on elephants to do this????????

Since when did the Romans bring elephants to Britain -- o just nevermind.

P.S. I love elephants as much as anybody and am aware this is not the fault of the elephants in any way or form.

They're the elephants from GoT that failed to be in season 8. This show is as much fantasy as GoT, so they can crossover.

4 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

They're the elephants from GoT that failed to be in season 8. This show is as much fantasy as GoT, so they can crossover.

It's now a trend that television people don't know wtf they are doing, as D&D just bragged:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/10/game-of-thrones-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-panel

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

hmm, maybe the elephant thing did happen, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_war_elephants

Hmmmm indeed!

Famously, the Romans used a war elephant in the invasion of Britain, one ancient writer recording that "Caesar had one large elephant, which was equipped with armor and carried archers and slingers in its tower. When this unknown creature entered the river, the Britons and their horses fled and the Roman army crossed over,"[7] - although he may have confused this incident with the use of a similar war elephant in Claudius' final conquest of Britain. At least one elephantine skeleton with flint weapons that has been found in England was initially misidentified as these elephants, but later dating proved it to be a mammoth skeleton from the stone age.[8]

My favorite elephant in war story is the one of Hannibal's war elephants, who crossed the, I think it was the Rhone River, which was too deep -- but they walked across underneath the water with their trunks upraised over the surface -- snorkles!

I still am sad thinking of the poor elephants of Hannibal's campaigns.  They were so faithful and good, and they lived to mostly starve to death as well as killed in other ways.  :crying:  Elephants deserve better than humans.

8 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

BBC One Releases Trailer & First Look Images For ‘Dracula’
https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2019/10/bbc-one-releases-trailer-first-look-images-for-dracula/

From the makers of Sherlock, Claes Bang stars as Dracula in this brand new mini-series inspired by Bram Stoker’s classic novel.

IM a sucker (no pun intended :laugh:) for this kind of thing. Maybe it will fill a *sniff* Dreadful hole i’ve been feeling in my gothic horror entertainment. (Pun intended this time).

summoning @Theda Baratheon And @DMC to laugh at my lame humour (please...)

17 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

IM a sucker (no pun intended :laugh:) for this kind of thing. Maybe it will fill a *sniff* Dreadful hole i’ve been feeling in my gothic horror entertainment. (Pun intended this time).

Girl you know I appreciate a spooky pun, you’re just creeping it real as a Hallow-queen :lol:  

17 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

From the makers of sherlock has me wondering if this will average 3 episodes every 2-3 years? I'll give it a shot though as I quite like a dracula show - I even enjoyed that odd one with Rhys-meyers several years ago so my tolerance is quite high.

Dublin Murders | Coming to STARZ

When a young girl’s murder conjures up memories of a past crime, two detectives with dark secrets of their own must uncover the truth. Based on the acclaimed novels In the Woods and The Likeness by Tana French, Dublin Murders premieres November 10 on STARZ.

The Sinner: Season 2 Trailer | BBC

Detective Harry Ambrose returns to his hometown to help Heather Novak investigate a double murder by a 13-year-old boy with no apparent motive. Acclaimed anthology thriller The Sinner returns to BBC Four and BBC iPlayer.

The World According to Jeff Goldblum – Official Trailer #2 | Disney+

2 hours ago, red snow said:

I even enjoyed that odd one with Rhys-meyers several years ago so my tolerance is quite high.

I enjoyed it too (getting over his risible idea of how to 'talk 'murican', even though I felt I was the only one to even watch it. :laugh:

Gotta say though, this Drac looks to be really bad, and not anything I have any interest in at all.

1 hour ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Dublin Murders | Coming to STARZ

The Sinner: Season 2 Trailer | BBC

The World According to Jeff Goldblum – Official Trailer #2 | Disney+

Dublin murders has been airing in UK for past couple of weeks and it's really good. Fans of the missing and broadchurch should find something to enjoy. There's also a weird horror vibe to it all - think twin peaks before it became really odd. So far I think it's "real" and there's no supernatural stuff going on but there are moments where I've thought "this could go anywhere"

Jared Harris is Hari Seldon!

Lee Pace is the Emperor of the Galaxy, named..... Brother Day??  who?

https://deadline.com/2019/10/foundation-lee-pace-jared-harris-cast-star-in-apple-series-based-on-isaac-asimovs-sci-fi-classic-1202765708/?fbclid=IwAR2AOyVOinFyuEhxkSOV_UmNbkk2AtAk4UYdIiDQI-cEp3jxuI6WLERpE8E

Oh, Apple TV....  never mind then.

Ridley Scott’s Android Sci-Fi Series 'Raised By Wolves' Moves to HBO Max

Raised By Wolves, Ridley Scott’s forthcoming sci-fi series about android childrearing, has found a new home. Deadline reports that it has moved from TNT to HBO Max.

Deadline describes Raised By Wolves as a 10-episode sci-fi drama about “two androids tasked with raising human children on a mysterious virgin planet. As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences, the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task.”

Scott will produce and direct, while creator and Prisoners screenwriter Aaron Guzikowski will be writer and showrunner. The series will star A Conspiracy of Faith’s Amanda Collin as the Mother android and Fortitude’s Abubakar Salim as the Father android, with a full cast-list and character breakdown revealed by Deadline back in January.

Vienna Blood: Trailer | BBC

A brilliant young doctor, Max Liebermann (Matthew Beard),a student of Sigmund Freud, joins Detective Inspector Oskar Rheinhardt (Juergen Maurer) to help solve 1900s Vienna’s most mysterious murder cases.

The three-part, feature-length, series, written by acclaimed screenwriter Steve Thompson (Sherlock, Deep State), is based on the best-selling Liebermann novels by Frank Tallis.

Gold Digger: Trailer | BBC

The first she’s spent by herself in the 35 years she was married to Ted (Alex Jennings), before he left her. Determined to have a good day, Julia (Julia Ormond) leaves her Devon home and heads to London to celebrate with her children - but one by one they let her down.

Leo (Archie Renaux), her youngest, simply because he forgets. Della (Jemima Rooper), her only daughter, marooned abroad and guilt-stricken, and her firstborn Patrick (Sebastian Armesto) who is struggling to maintain a hectic work and home life - all whilst fighting an attraction to a colleague.

Feeling adrift, Julia’s at a low ebb when she happens upon a young man in a museum, Benjamin (Ben Barnes). The pair get talking and before she’s quite sure what’s happening they’re beginning a whirlwind romance. All that’s left to do - introduce him to her children.

But they are suspicious of this younger man’s motives, and soon start plotting how to remove him.

Archived