Jump to content
D2procon

So what does Jon Snow do now??

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Well, the three women in his life would prevent it, so unless something really radical happens, it's something he would try to do on his own accord.
I can't see why he would though. He knows Cersei is a lying backstabber that can't be trusted. 

Again, I will consider it hearsay (and false) until proven otherwise.
Nothing else has leaked so far afaik, so having a picture of Jon and Cersei "together" float around the internet sounds weird.

But there are, They were first published by some Croatian newspapers on Feb 2018.

https://www.croatiaweek.com/photos-jon-snow-cersei-lannister-filming-for-game-of-thrones-in-dubrovnik/

then many news media replicated the photos

https://metro.co.uk/2018/02/08/game-thrones-season-8-spoilers-lena-headey-kit-harington-film-tense-stand-off-croatia-7297762/

Edition: As you see, in the photos where he is going down the stairs, we can clearly see that he is unarmed. That was in that time interpreted as he could be some kind of prisoner in King's Landing. 

I can see Dany wanting to go directly to torch the Red Keep with everyone inside, Tyrion warning that there's wild fire below the streets and that his sister would use it, so having the entire population of King's Landing as human shields, and Jon wanting to do something to prevent more people dying and maybe trying against all hope to instill some sense in Cercei's head and offer her conditions to surrender.

Edited by LucyMormont

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Well, the three women in his life would prevent it, so unless something really radical happens, it's something he would try to do on his own accord.
I can't see why he would though. He knows Cersei is a lying backstabber that can't be trusted. 

Again, I will consider it hearsay (and false) until proven otherwise.
Nothing else has leaked so far afaik, so having a picture of Jon and Cersei "together" float around the internet sounds weird.

here you go:

https://www.croatiaweek.com/photos-jon-snow-cersei-lannister-filming-for-game-of-thrones-in-dubrovnik/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon is too dumb to be king.  He "knows nothing", is "brave, but stupid" and has been scolded that he "needs to be smarter".  Somebody tweeted that he is like a golden retriever, loyal, brave but dumb as shit, a sweet, sweet moron.  Jon is fearless but just charges forward with a singlemindedness.
 
Jon would be long dead, but for the women who are always saving him.  From birth, his mother gave him life and then got brother Ned to swear to protect him.  His love Ygritte "saved" him by purposely missing with her arrows and refusing to release the arrow on their final encounter.  Melisandre brings him back from the dead. Stansa saved his ass by calling in the troops at the Battle of the Bastards.  Daenerys saved his ass and lost a dragon north of the Wall. Daenerys saved his ass again when he charged the Night King and was surrounded by wights at Winterfell.  And Arya saved everybody, including Jon as he stared at the dragon, by killing the Night King.  A good king should be protecting the womenfolk, not be protected by them. 
 
Jon lacks the ambition and drive to be King.  Jon has a history of stepping down. He was elected as the Lord Commander but gave it up.  He was declared King of the North and gave that up, too.  Jon's blood claim to the throne means nothing.  Aemon Targaryan could have laid claim to the throne when his older brother died but chose to give it up.  I don't think that he will die in the end.  I certainly hope he survives.  But I don't think he will be king.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LucyMormont said:

But there are, They were first published by some Croatian newspapers on Feb 2018.

https://www.croatiaweek.com/photos-jon-snow-cersei-lannister-filming-for-game-of-thrones-in-dubrovnik/

then many news media replicated the photos

https://metro.co.uk/2018/02/08/game-thrones-season-8-spoilers-lena-headey-kit-harington-film-tense-stand-off-croatia-7297762/

Edition: As you see, in the photos where he is going down the stairs, we can clearly see that he is unarmed. That was in that time interpreted as he could be some kind of prisoner in King's Landing. 

I can see Dany wanting to go directly to torch the Red Keep with everyone inside, Tyrion warning that there's wild fire below the streets and that his sister would use it, so having the entire population of King's Landing as human shields, and Jon wanting to do something to prevent more people dying and maybe trying against all hope to instill some sense in Cercei's head and offer her conditions to surrender.

 

1 hour ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

Hmm, my initial reaction (unless this is a fake-out, even fake-outs needs to be filmed) is that this is daft, even for Jon Snow's standards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha I knew the writers would come up with the dumbest thing, lo and behold the thing I thought could happen (jokingly) is about to happen.

Didn't they ruin his character enough already ? Jesus christ. They are really going with that ? No human being could be possibly dumb enough to go meet with Cersei, unarmed. I don't think it's possible to come up with something dumber. Well done D&D, RIP Jon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I really want to see the writers justification for Jon meeting with Cersei.

Daenerys, Sansa and Arya would all freak out and try to prevent it if they knew, and guile, even basic lying, has never really been Jon's forte. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 11:39 AM, PirateVergo said:

Book Jon is one of my favorite characters, easily in my top 3

Show Jon however is just lame and boring, the only good thing about him = the fight scenes.

He has none of Jon's book personality, he's an empty shell most of the time, barely react to anything, has no resolve, can't take decisions on his own, is too submissive and passive.

They should  have killed him, have him fight the NK one on one in an epic battle and die, Dany will sit on the Throne, that's her storyline, D&D have shown they're predictable and I don't see them turning Dany into a villain at all. The only reason Jon is kept alive is for them to make a cheesy romance between him and Dany (even though Books Jon would feel disgusted by her just as he was disgusted by Alester Florent for letting his own brother being burnt alive)

 

This describes my feelings about John as well. As a fan of the show, the North, the Nights Watch, the white walkers and everything else up north was my favorite part. Watching John grow for five seasons was awesome and really built up to something epic happening with him. But unfortunately, after his ressurection in S6, he sucks. Plain and simple. It's almost as if D&D have their favorites and are simply forcing the story to benefit them. There was a serious change to two characters I loved in S6. John and Arya. John went completely downhill; like you said "too submissive and passive"; and Arya made an OVERNIGHT rise to the most badass epic fighter in Westeros with none of Arya's personality traits that made her my favorite for 5 seasons. I know they showed some scenes of her and the waif fighting with wooden staves. Doesn't change my opinion. The NK ending should have been a group effort with John as the lead. His moment with the killing blow was the most earned after everything he went through up north.

This is just my observation. It sucks to think that the coolest part of the story was just an annoying distraction to the real threat from Cersie. But it's D&D's sandbox and they can do whatever they want. In the end everyone is just an actor trying to do their best with the story they've been handed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ordee said:

This describes my feelings about John as well. As a fan of the show, the North, the Nights Watch, the white walkers and everything else up north was my favorite part. Watching John grow for five seasons was awesome and really built up to something epic happening with him. But unfortunately, after his ressurection in S6, he sucks. Plain and simple. It's almost as if D&D have their favorites and are simply forcing the story to benefit them. There was a serious change to two characters I loved in S6. John and Arya. John went completely downhill; like you said "too submissive and passive"; and Arya made an OVERNIGHT rise to the most badass epic fighter in Westeros with none of Arya's personality traits that made her my favorite for 5 seasons. I know they showed some scenes of her and the waif fighting with wooden staves. Doesn't change my opinion. The NK ending should have been a group effort with John as the lead. His moment with the killing blow was the most earned after everything he went through up north.

This is just my observation. It sucks to think that the coolest part of the story was just an annoying distraction to the real threat from Cersie. But it's D&D's sandbox and they can do whatever they want. In the end everyone is just an actor trying to do their best with the story they've been handed. 

 

 

She's been training and killing people since season one.

 

But please, cry more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gibberish said:

 

She's been training and killing people since season one.

 

But please, cry more. 

Pod has also been training and kiling people since season 2. Will he kill the mountain?

And it is undeniable that after she left the faceless somehow she became a master in all weapons...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he will likely just fight for dany. he has  been whiped this season. didnt care when dany threaten sansa twice and didnt care when sam told him about his brother and dad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gibberish said:

 

She's been training and killing people since season one.

 

But please, cry more. 

Ordee made a good post with well made arguments. He didn't personally attack you.

It's clear that you're upset that he/she critisized the thing you blindly love. In retrospect, your post is kind of hilarious and ironic.

But please, cry more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arya's training is a joke. She was still a harmless child until she reached Bravoos which was in season 5 IIRC

.And she didn't even spend a year with the faceless men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wouldn't it be funny/attrocious if Jon marries Cersei. I mean all she wants is to be queen she was really keen on marrying Jon's real father Rhaegar. I wouldn't put it passed D&D to do something unbelievably shite like that. The idea came to me when I rewatched the finale of season 7. Cersei sought some kind of alliance or truce with Jon at that point , what might she offer now that she knows there is conflict between Aegon and Daenerys.

Edited by darksellsword

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

what might she offer now that she knows there is conflict between Aegon and Daenerys.

What has Cersei to offer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MinscS2 said:

What has Cersei to offer?

an end to conflict, a way to beat Daenerys if Dany refuses to accept Jons claim. There is a good chance there is absolutely no relationship between Aegon and Dany now and she just expects him to stay quiet and accept that she is Queen or even worse she just flat out believes he is lying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, darksellsword said:

an end to conflict,

This would only make sense if Cersei wasn't a lying, backstabbing, scheming, powerhungry megalomaniac that can't be trusted. 

She has proven beyond untrustworthy, and even lied to Jon last season. 

Just now, darksellsword said:

a way to beat Daenerys if Dany refuses to accept Jons claim.

Even if the two of them together could beat Daenerys, this doesn't make sense. Jon doesn't want to be The King.

Just now, darksellsword said:

There is a good chance there is absolutely no relationship between Aegon and Dany now and she just expects him to stay quiet and accept that she is Queen or even worse she just flat out believes he is lying.

We genuinely don't know what she expects from him yet. 

Yeah I genuinely can't see Jon and Cersei marrying, given everything she has done to the people he cares about, beginning in S1. 
Sansa would stick him with the pointy end if he tried. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

This would only make sense if Cersei wasn't a lying, backstabbing, scheming, powerhungry megalomaniac that can't be trusted. 

She has proven beyond untrustworthy, and even lied to Jon last season. 

Even if the two of them together could beat Daenerys, this doesn't make sense. Jon doesn't want to be The King.

We genuinely don't know what she expects from him yet. 

Yeah I genuinely can't see Jon and Cersei marrying, given everything she has done to the people he cares about, beginning in S1. 
Sansa would stick him with the pointy end if he tried. 

There isn't a lot of consistency to the way any of the characters behave or what they believe in, if that were the case then Tyrion would never have believed Cersei and Dany would've believed Jon when he told her he is Rhaegars son, in regard to your claim that Jon doesn't want to be king, who told you that? I would imagine Jon has enough faith left in his leadership to believe he might make a better king than Daenerys especially if she starts up the ol' bend the knee shite again and burns the families of a few more close friends. I think Sansa would be clever enough(as clever as the show would have us believe) to see the greater good in giving Cersei what she wants to avoid more bloodshed. I think the dye has been cast with Sansa hating Daenerys, even from the preview clip we see Sansa gazing up at Daenery's Dragons in despair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2019 at 7:33 AM, princess brittany said:

he will likely just fight for dany. he has  been whiped this season. didnt care when dany threaten sansa twice and didnt care when sam told him about his brother and dad.

I think he's forced to accept Dany's wishes so that's why he's acting all submissive. Everyone has to walk on eggshells around her, Jon included. I dont think he actually has affection for her. You can kind of tell when a guy opens his eyes while kissing and when they give the moving, emotional beats in battle to Jorah/Dany. I think sassy "I mean no offense your grace but I DONT KNOW YOU" Jon is coming back now that he doesn't need Dany to do stuff for him. 

Edited by Rose of Red Lake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×