Football: foreVAR confused

Iskaral Pust

The title race, if not over just yet, is certainly on its last legs. Liverpool might not be wiping the floor with their opponents but keep churning out results and I don't see that drastically changing even with a congested December schedule. City will be behind by double digits come the new year and the title will be in the bag for Liverpool. I understand why Liverpool supporters are remaining cautious but for the neutrals this has shaped up to be a very one-side title race. 

Spurs, and Alli especially, are still benefiting from that new manager bounce.  Harry Wilson scored two off the bench though for Bournemouth. 

Chelsea lost to a flailing West Ham.  Chelsea had a lot more possession and chances though.

I didn’t mention it earlier but I hope there will be a closer look at Martin Atkinson’s role in Brighton’s goal today.  He whistled for the free-kick to go ahead without checking with the keeper or even waiting for the keeper to take his position.

46 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I read a comment online that it's only 1 game miss for non-violent red???

44 minutes ago, Mme Erzulie said:

That's what I thought as well, but according to The Mirror, it's three matches.

Other sources, including the Liverpool Echo, say it will be just a one match suspension.  Here’s hoping.

With Alisson, Matip and Fabinho out, most of the spine of the team is missing.

4 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Spurs, and Alli especially, are still benefiting from that new manager bounce.  Harry Wilson scored two off the bench though for Bournemouth. 

Chelsea lost to a flailing West Ham.  Chelsea had a lot more possession and chances though.

I didn’t mention it earlier but I hope there will be a closer look at Martin Atkinson’s role in Brighton’s goal today.  He whistled for the free-kick to go ahead without checking with the keeper or even waiting for the keeper to take his position.

I did see a picture with a Brighton player in the wall. That shouldn't happen.

However, he is under no obligation to check with Adrian. That he isn't ready is on him entirely. 

10 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Thought that was part of the new rules this season. 

Attacking team should stay away from the wall. 

Yes, that’s one of the new rules.  Attackers have to be a certain distance now from the wall.  (I think the wall has to be at least three players to qualify)

I really don't get all the bedwetting by Liverpool fans. Chelski and City dropped points against Newcastle and West Ham, so you effectively gained another two points on City. The lead looks comfortable enough now that Liverpool can actually afford to lose a league game in December.

And you are off to traning camp, eh the FIFA Team Cup for a week anyway. 

25 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I really don't get all the bedwetting by Liverpool fans. Chelski and City dropped points against Newcastle and West Ham, so you effectively gained another two points on City. The lead looks comfortable enough now that Liverpool can actually afford to lose a league game in December.

And you are off to traning camp, eh the FIFA Team Cup for a week anyway. 

I’d still prefer to send the U23 team to the FIFI club WC.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Watford have sacked Sanchez Flores. Chris Hughton has been mentioned as a possible successor. 

This feels like one of the highest periods of mid-season managerial turnover, although it has probably happened before. 

Flores only had ten games at Watford, and now they’re on their third manager of the season.  By contrast, Southampton are starting to see some improvement after sticking with Hasenhuttl.

55 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

This feels like one of the highest periods of mid-season managerial turnover, although it has probably happened before. 

Flores only had ten games at Watford, and now they’re on their third manager of the season.  By contrast, Southampton are starting to see some improvement after sticking with Hasenhuttl.

Watford shouldn't have sacked Gracia in the first place. It was ludicrous to sack him after just four games into the season. The team wasn't even playing badly at that point either. 

Archived