Football: foreVAR confused

Iskaral Pust

Poor from Liverpool, although that’s not uncommon after an international break.  The accumulated fatigue and knocks are showing.  Nice that we found a way to win again, especially away against a side like Palace who defend a lot and make games scrappy, and have fast wingers to pin back our FBs.

I can remember the frustration of City’s long win streaks where they would always get a late goal from Silva or Aguero or Sterling just when it looked like they would drop some points.  It’s nice that we’re the ones doing that now. 

We don’t look ready for the fixture congestion in December.  Any change to our front three (Salah today, Salah when we drew with Utd) really disrupts our attacking play, which then means the opposition has more counter-attacks.  With our first XI, the percentages are in our favor and the winning goal looks inevitable whether it comes early or late.  But when our attack is losing the ball too much, then the percentages swing against us badly. 

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

I don't know how that was offside. Zouma's shoulder and heel looked at the same level as Sterling's shoulder. 

Wait they went back and ruled out Sterling’s goal? Ffs if City were going to win at least I could have got some fantasy points. Bloody VAR:tantrum:

In the most important news of the day, the Libertadores final, with a very interesting game with Flamengo defeating River Plate in the South American version of the United vs Bayern game, by 2-1 with goals in the 89th and 92th minute Goals [puts insanely happy supporter drunk on victory hat on]

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, BABY! WE WOOOOOOON! WE'RE THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE WORLD! THE GALAXY! FUCK EVERYONE ELSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE! YEAH!! [removes insanely happy supporter drunk on victory hat]

Anyway, this was Flamengo's second trophy, the first since 1981 (also in a November 23rd) when Zico was still captaining our team, and will probably face Liverpool in the World Club Championship in December (and also qualified for the sham tournament Fifa is trying to hold in 2021).

Regarding the European games, haven't followed much today, but seems Emery and Valderde are still trying to get fired, and Liverpool still managing to try to lose points, but being unable to, so business as usual, I guess.

That's of course assuming, that Poch wants to get back into managing a new club immediately. Personally, I'd find it at least as credible, that he wants at least a few weeks off after five years at Tottenham, I don't think either club has right now the stature of being an opportunity he cannot refuse.

Add to that Sportbild (I know, I myself said not the most reliable source out there) is reporting details of his severance package with Spurs, as he is also linked with Bayern (I mentioned Salihamidzic being a fan of his). According to them, Spurs owe him 14.5m €, the catch being, it's payable in installments. If he were to take a job within the next three months or six months, he'd give up on a chunk of it.

24 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Add to that Sportbild (I know, I myself said not the most reliable source out there) is reporting details of his severance package with Spurs, as he is also linked with Bayern (I mentioned Salihamidzic being a fan of his). According to them, Spurs owe him 14.5m €, the catch being, it's payable in installments. If he were to take a job within the next three months or six months, he'd give up on a chunk of it.

That's an absurd stipulation. They sacked him. 

19 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

That's an absurd stipulation. They sacked him. 

Sack =/= Sack.

What I mean is:

Sack: You are fired, we pay you whatever we still owe you contract wise, feel free to take any job opportunity you have. (not really in the financial interest of the club)

Sack: You are relieved of your duty as manager, however, you are still under contract here, so you can't take a new job, unless you either sign a waiver (freeing us of our financial obligation), and/or your next club pays us a release fee (wasn't that basically the Sarri situation, when he left Napoli?).

So I don't think sack: You are relieved your duty as a manager, we'll pay you a compensation fee of 14.5m payable in 2 (or 3) installments due in 3 months and 6 months. However if you take a new job before the next installment, you will lose your claim to the following installment.  Is that outlandish.

@BigFatCoward - It isn't that odd though - the exact structure of the payment depends on what was negotiated but sacked managers are usually paid out the remainder of their contracts in instalments unless they find another job -- in which case payments usually stop or, like in the case of Koeman and Everton, the club has to make up the difference if the manager is being paid less at his new job -- or if there was a break clause in the contract limiting payment as was the case with Moyes and United. United had to pay out £8m to LVG but it was paid in instalments - LVG was unhappy about the manner of his sacking (which he had every right to be) and I recall him mentioning that he will not take another job because he wanted United to pay every last penny of the severance. 

Archived