Football: foreVAR confused

Iskaral Pust

United are poor at planning and aren't that forward thinking. We'll muddle through with Solskjaer while Poch gets snapped up. 

Dunno who Spurs might go for. There's been talk of Mourinho but also Nagelsmann and Howe. I don't think that Nagelsmann will leave Leipzig after just 5 months for Spurs plus the Bayern job could be on the table at the end of the season as well. The Levy/Mourinho combination has the potential to be rather amusing. 

Yep, I also don't see Nagelsmann just packing up and leave at Leipzig after 5 months, and I don't see Leipzig to be parting with im willingly. They spent over a year waiting for him, with Rangnick filling in. Given how cheap Levy has been in the past, I don't think he would be willing to pay a compensation fee for a manager either.

The Bayern job, word on the street is, that they will get ten Hag, either in January or at the end of the season. Altho, Salihamidzic is apparently a big a fan of Poch, and the name Guardiola occasionally pops up, which is more in the crackpot category obviously.

If they wanted to sack him already, why wait until the very end of international break? They could have had someone set up by Saturday, plus would give time for the players to deal with it.

Also, forgive me for being a little skeptical about the idea that a top 6 club would have Mourinho as their #1 choice and not even considering Allegri at the same time. 

Slightly odd decision from Spurs. I can see why they'd have concerns, they haven't been good outside of a few Champions League games last year for some time, but you'd think they have a replacement in place if they were going to move on from Pochettino. Mourinho seems like a particularly bad idea for Spurs considering how they're set up.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

I don't see Jose going for the job, why would he want to be dicked around on transfers by another club?

United sanctioned around £400m in transfers for Mourinho so he was hardly dicked around. Yeah he wanted a CB last season which didn't materialise but then you look at the players he wanted for that position - Boateng and Bonucci. Neither was interested in joining and both are on the decline anyway. Maguire only became an option very late on and by then Leicester were not open to negotiate. 

As to why Mourinho might take the Spurs job. He will start with a better squad at Spurs than what he started with at United so might not need such a large transfer budget. Also, it seems like Mourinho overestimated his desirability and thought he would be in great demand but after not being seriously considered for any of the top managerial vacancies (Juve, Inter, Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Bayern) he's likely become desperate and Spurs represents the best job he can currently get. 

I’m very surprised that Levy sacked Poch.  The team is undoubtedly in a funk, but a large part of that is because senior players are running down contracts to get paid more elsewhere.  That’s because of Levy rather than Poch.  The solution is to go through a generational rebuild, and in 2-3 years they’ll be back.  Possibly sell Kane for a ton of money to Real Madrid to help fund it, if he’s not willing to stick around for the rebuild.  

I cannot even imagine why they would consider Mourinho.  The same senior players will still leave at the end of the season, and Levy won’t give Mourinho the transfer budget or wage structure that he will want.  Eddie Howe seems like a much better fit, or even Brendan Rodgers if Leicester had not grabbed him.

It poses a tough question for United too.  Poch is a huge upgrade on Solskjaer, but are United willing to just dump Solskjaer now before Poch gets another offer?  I hope they keep Ole at the wheel.

Idk Spurs whole spiel is that they never win trophies and Jose is a serial winner. Could be a good fit. Should be able to hold on to some of the players that would have maybe left had a lesser statured manager come in. Anyway funnest man to hate in the sport so I’m glad he’s back in the league I pay most attention to.

43 minutes ago, Raja said:

This is excellent news. And it keeps him away from Arsenal.

This is the best outcome I think. Takes him out of play otherwise I was worried Arsenal would have seriously thought about it.

Archived