Football: foreVAR confused

Iskaral Pust

The worst thing about the Mourinho appointment is that literally any of us could say how it's going to go, almost exactly. Everyone can see it. So either Levy doesn't see it, or doesn't care, or has some sort of brain disease. 

3 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Idk Spurs whole spiel is that they never win trophies and Jose is a serial winner. Could be a good fit. Should be able to hold on to some of the players that would have maybe left had a lesser statured manager come in. Anyway funnest man to hate in the sport so I’m glad he’s back in the league I pay most attention to.

Idk, maybe. I think the bigger issue here is Levy refusing to pay the wages these players wanted and now it may be too late to fix that since in 6 weeks these players can start negotiating pre-contracts with foreign clubs.

Come to think of it, Levy really did fuck over Poch. He didn't sign any players for 18 months and then didn't do nearly enough to invest in the players already at the club. Spurs players have been underpaid (relatively speaking) for years and that wage structure was never going to last for a club looking to compete at the top end. 

It'll be interesting to see how Mourinho performs. I'm sure there will be the usual new manager bounce but that dressing room is already divided and Mourinho is the perfect catalyst to potentially make the situation worse. If Spurs don't qualify for the CL (which will affect the transfer budget) combined with a number of players (assets worth over 100m) leaving on free transfers then that sets the stage for friction between Mourinho and the board. Being in the shadows of Guardiola and Klopp is definitely going to grate on Mourinho's ego as well. 

38 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

I guess I understand Arsenal fans being happy to avoid Mourinho. Are you not at all envious of the proactive approach Spurs are taking though? Maybe they could’ve gone for someone different but still Mourinho>Emery. 

Mourinho is an ass & the antithesis of everything that our club is, sure, mourinho is probably a better manager than emery but 1. he's not long term 2. he plays shit football 3. he's a terrible human being.

Yeah as I said I understand why Arsenal fans wouldn’t want José in particular. Still if I was supporting Arsenal I’d be a little jealous that their rivals realized what they set out to achieve for the season wasn’t going to be met and went ahead and made the change rather than continue with the rot. 

1 hour ago, Raja said:

Mourinho is an ass & the antithesis of everything that our club is, sure, mourinho is probably a better manager than emery but 1. he's not long term 2. he plays shit football 3. he's a terrible human being.

I think that Mourinho would probably be the worst fit for Arsenal. It's not about his managerial skill but more about all the history between him and the club in the Wenger era. All the "Arsenal is not ambitious", "I'd like to have a job like Wenger, with no pressure" etc.

4 hours ago, Raja said:

1. Nope, he isn't. On the other hand, actively looking for replacements for Emery is also not really a commitment to a long term project.

2. Yeah, but wouldn't that be more like back to the roots to the Boring Boring Arsenal era. And Arsenal right now is hardly playing teams off the pitch either.

3. Yeah, but the fans are already doing their best to create a hostile enviroment for players (Xhaka, Mustafi, Özil, Kolasinac) own their own.

@Mark Antony Yeah - I'm envious that the arsenal board don't have the courage to sack emery, but one of my biggest fears if he *did* get sacked was that Mourinho would be an option they would consider, thankfully that has been taken off the table.

Emery still won't last the season though and spurs appointing mourinho means the afc board can't drop another clanger by appointing him.

2 hours ago, Raja said:

@Mark Antony Yeah - I'm envious that the arsenal board don't have the courage to sack emery, but one of my biggest fears if he *did* get sacked was that Mourinho would be an option they would consider, thankfully that has been taken off the table.

Emery still won't last the season though and spurs appointing mourinho means the afc board can't drop another clanger by appointing him.

Just go for Poch :D 

15 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Yeah as I said I understand why Arsenal fans wouldn’t want José in particular. Still if I was supporting Arsenal I’d be a little jealous that their rivals realized what they set out to achieve for the season wasn’t going to be met and went ahead and made the change rather than continue with the rot. 

Emery may be the rot for Arsenal, but i'm not sure if I'd consider Poch the rot at Spurs. He was probably the only one keeping the rot at bay if anything! I guess we will find out soon enough.

In some ways I feel bad for Poch as his accomplishments at Spurs will be forgotten without trophies. But on the other hand, he can finally move to a club that will support his ambitions. I just hope it isn't United!

5 hours ago, The Winged Shadow said:

In some ways I feel bad for Poch as his accomplishments at Spurs will be forgotten without trophies

I'm pretty sure Tottenham fans will remember going to the CL final for a while.

On 11/20/2019 at 8:51 AM, Mark Antony said:

*shrug* would love something to be done but only if the replacement is a long term solution that’s not Mourinho. Until then, I’ll just keep bitching about how bad Emery is. And if they fire him early, I’ll rejoice.

Archived