U.S. Politics: End Testing, Make Schools Safe Again!

Jace, Extat

20 minutes ago, DMC said:

Texas' GDP is $1.8 trillion.  It would rank tenth as a country, just ahead of Canada and Russia.  Mexico's GDP is around $1.27 trillion.  If anything, Texas should buy Mexico.

Sometimes it's not about money. They're bad for the brand.

36 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Sometimes it's not about money. They're bad for the brand.

Well, no, it's always about money.  But if they're bad for our brand what makes you think they wouldn't be for Mexico's?

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Texas' GDP is $1.8 trillion.  It would rank tenth as a country, just ahead of Canada and Russia.  Mexico's GDP is around $1.27 trillion.  If anything, Texas should buy Mexico.

Damn dude, did you have to mock the Canadians that hard?

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Well, no, it's always about money.  

Lonestar didn't take the money!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Damn dude, did you have to mock the Canadians that hard?

Lonestar didn't take the money!!!!!!!

Not mocking Canada, or Russia, or Mexico at all.  Just, ya know, numbers.

Texas literally bribes companies to operate their business within their state via their enterprise fund.

As we all know only two things come from Texas.

Steers and Ted Cruz.

So I really don't get Ty's obsession with winning the Yoho state either. I mean isn't it basically a repeat of HRC losing strategy of chasing after the far away fruits at the expense of actually losing? Her Texas was Arizona and retaking the senate. So really, any strategy should be win the EC. If Texas drops too, fine.

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

Texas literally bribes companies to operate their business within their state via their enterprise fund.

Would they get away with it, if they were not part of the US, or would companies relocate to the US, then? My guess is, that they'd want to operate from within the US.

26 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So I really don't get Ty's obsession with winning the Yoho state either.

This seems an odd statement.  Yoho represents Gainesville and northeastern Florida, not Texas.

27 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Would they get away with it, if they were not part of the US, or would companies relocate to the US, then?

If Texas were its own sovereign state?  Who the hell knows?  That's a hypothetical that could be speculated upon in a multitude of ways.

32 minutes ago, DMC said:

Jokes man......

Also, don't a lot of states kind of do that? You can't race to the bottom with just one pony.

25 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So I really don't get Ty's obsession with winning the Yoho state either. I mean isn't it basically a repeat of HRC losing strategy of chasing after the far away fruits at the expense of actually losing? Her Texas was Arizona and retaking the senate. So really, any strategy should be win the EC. If Texas drops too, fine.

2020 is not 2016. HRC did massively fuck up by ignoring her blue wall to try and run up the differences in other places. That's not what I'm advocating for. Like I've said several times over many years, I'm cautious. Don't waste your capital on a fairy tale. But this isn't one. The dream, the real dream, might actually be there. And it might not cost you as much as you'd think to chase it. If you think it's outside of your grasp, forget it. However, if you think you can actually get it, or use it as a means to bleed your opponent, reach for the stars.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

This seems an odd statement.  Yoho represents Gainesville and northeastern Florida, not Texas.

Perhaps our German friend just had Yoo-hoos on his mind. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, don't a lot of states kind of do that? You can't race to the bottom with just one pony.

I don't know, but I assume they do to some extent.  After I posted that I actually tried to look it up.  A lot of states have "public enterprise funds" but I couldn't find anything like Texas on a quick search.  Anyway, I know for a fact that Texas' has attracted businesses there from a number of other states, therefore their bribes are presumably more lucrative than most other states' bribes.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

I don't know, but I assume they do to some extent.  After I posted that I actually tried to look it up.  A lot of states have "public enterprise funds" but I couldn't find anything like Texas on a quick search.  Anyway, I know for a fact that Texas' has attracted businesses there from a number of other states, therefore their bribes are presumably more lucrative than most other states' bribes.

No state taxes helps plus next to no regulation. 

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

There are nine states with no income tax, so it's not just that.

So just freedumb levels that are over 9,000 then?

ETA: Cool, so you do get your $600 this week. And that immediately goes to the medical bills. Finally have that bullshit in the rearview. 

Okay, I know this is small potatoes, relatively speaking, but the $1.8 billion allocated for the development of a new FBI building in the Senate stimulus package (I refuse to refer to it as HEALS) is really sticking in my craw.

For reference, the 111 W. 57th Street tower just completed in NYC capped out at $2 billion. But that's an 84-story, 315,000 sq. ft. luxury condominium mixed-use development on Billionaires' Row in NYC. ETA: Btw, completely off-topic, but I'm expecting a brutal fight over a new NYC Zoning Resolution to break out in the next year or so. These super-talls in Midtown are really pissing some of the wrong people off.

I know the proposal keeps the FBI building in its same spot in DC, which is also choice real estate, but nearly $2 billion? That's fucking absurd.

3 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

I know the proposal keeps the FBI building in its same spot in DC, which is also choice real estate, but nearly $2 billion? That's fucking absurd.

Yeah.  Maybe they're planning on spending the leftover funds to finally find Jimmy Hoffa.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah.  Maybe they're planning on spending the leftover funds to finally find Jimmy Hoffa.

I'd argue it's for an upgraded laser system so CZJ can't slip past one again.

Republican Sen. David Perdue of Georgia has taken down a digital campaign ad featuring a manipulated picture of his Democratic opponent Jon Ossoff, who is Jewish, with an enlarged nose.

Before being removed, the Facebook ad showed grainy pictures of Ossoff and Sen. Charles Schumer of New York, who is also Jewish, above a banner reading “DEMOCRATS ARE TRYING TO BUY GEORGIA! HELP DAVID PERDUE FIGHT BACK.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/sen-perdue-takes-down-ad-doctored-photo-showing-jewish-rival-n1235074

Perdue's campaign says it was "inadvertent" and also some unnamed outside vendor's fault. Inadvertent, like someone just accidentally loaded up Photoshop and tripped over themselves and somehow unwittingly enlarged Ossof's nose.

Fuck this trash racist party and all who support them.

6 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Perdue's campaign says it was "inadvertent" and also some unnamed outside vendor's fault. Inadvertent, like someone just accidentally loaded up Photoshop and tripped over themselves and somehow unwittingly enlarged Ossof's nose.

JFC.  For some reason this reminded of the George Allen incident in 2006.  I suspected he'd be able of fend off Ossoff ultimately.  Now I'm very motivated to help make sure he doesn't.

5 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/sen-perdue-takes-down-ad-doctored-photo-showing-jewish-rival-n1235074

This is so nakedly transparent, and Ossoff should blast the Perdue campaign on it. Did Perdue announce he's cutting ties with said "3rd party vendor"? Not that I've seen. Apologized to Ossoff? Nope. 

Ad has been pulled, but it's already getting all the free press it needs for potential anti-Semitic voters in Georgia to know who their vote should go to. Dogwhistle Accomplished.

22 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Okay, I know this is small potatoes, relatively speaking, but the $1.8 billion allocated for the development of a new FBI building in the Senate stimulus package (I refuse to refer to it as HEALS) is really sticking in my craw.

For reference, the 111 W. 57th Street tower just completed in NYC capped out at $2 billion. But that's an 84-story, 315,000 sq. ft. luxury condominium mixed-use development on Billionaires' Row in NYC. ETA: Btw, completely off-topic, but I'm expecting a brutal fight over a new NYC Zoning Resolution to break out in the next year or so. These super-talls in Midtown are really pissing some of the wrong people off.

2 billion is such a large sum that I really couldn’t tell you if it is entirely justified or not, but there are a lot of security considerations involved in constructing a building for the FBI that would not be present in the construction of a regular building.  Both physical security and anti-espionage.  Could see that sort of thing running the price up way past what you’d expect for just labor and materials.

Archived