Football: You Can't Handball The Truth

polishgenius

13 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

PSG's apparently loaning Moise Kean for the season.

In sort of unrelated news.

It’s a good moment for him to slip away and try to rebuild some form and confidence.  The fans are all too happy at the moment for them to complain how badly that transfer worked out.

edit: minor rewording in case the meaning wasn’t clear

I hope Liverpool can take care of business this afternoon.  Missing Alisson and Mane is pretty huge because even if we dominate the game it all comes down to scoring vs conceding, which can be fine margins.

It’s not exactly an injury crisis yet, but with Henderson and Thiago out too, that’s arguably four of first choice XI missing, especially for a game like this where Gini tends to be anonymous.

The club needs to get stricter with the players about their COVID isolation.  We’ve had three cases in three weeks.

A shoulder injury sustained in training has ruled Alisson Becker out of the contest, so the Spanish ‘keeper deputises at Villa Park.

Diogo Jota begins in attack in the absence of Sadio Mane, while Jordan Henderson is named among the substitutes.

Liverpool: Adrian, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Jota, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Henderson, Jones, Minamino, Origi, N. Williams.

13 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

It’s a good moment for him to slip away and try to rebuild some form and confidence.  The fans are all too happy at the moment for them to complain how badly that transfer worked out.

edit: minor rewording in case the meaning wasn’t clear

Guessing there are those who'd jump on him, I hoped he would discover his confidence. However, when DCL's in the form of his life, he won't get much of a look-in, so it makes sense for him to move on.

43 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

He probably should have negotiated a release clause if he wanted to control his options. 

He did sort of. Zorc and Watzke mentioned it I don't know many times since they get asked about Sancho ad nauseum. They had a verbal agreement that Sancho could leave for €120m by a certain deadline. United were just not prepared to meet the fee.

1 hour ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Serious question, why would Sancho come to play for Ole and this United team? Except for the mega salary maybe?

Don't underestimate the draw of certain clubs. Liverpool were still able to attract quality players even when the club was a joke.

1 hour ago, Soylent Brown said:

Evra is a dreadful pundit. Surely there are a couple of ex-United players out there who aren't insane?

Come on, him telling Sky live on air 'we're so shit I don't want to work for you anymore so I can smack talk the team in private' is a slice of fried gold.  How you gonna complain about Evra when his partner is Souness?

4 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Do Everton have the depth to allow him to leave?

Form Keane's point of view, it's not likely to lead to that many more minutes for him.

Not really. Behind DCL, there's ... Richarlison.

So we may end up in big trouble over it. 

Well, that's not counting Sandro and Cenk Tosun, though, they may very well save us!

Archived