Football: You Can't Handball The Truth

polishgenius

Oh, I agree on both Gomez and Firmino, which is why I don't see any reason to say that this is solely down to Adrian not being a top keeper. 

Good players should adapt. Yesterday, Liverpool didn't. 

ETA: Just to be clear, I'm not accusing them of being bad players, they just had a horredous game yesterday.

Well, that was no doubt embarrassing. Mane was missed, Alisson was missed even more but the truth is that the whole team played below the standard they got us accustomed to.

Gomez, a starting centre back for a Champions League and Premier League winning team, was completely bossed around by a striker who played his third Premier league match. Something's off there. I don't know what, whether he's lacking motivation or his mind is elsewhere due to some personal reasons (if that's the case, I hope it's nothing major and gets sorted out soon) or if he's playing with some injuries or whatever reason. Maybe it would be better to use Matip when fit and Fabihno otherwise and give Gomez some time to sort himself out.

Congrats to Villa on their performance and their result, and without trying to take anything from them, but I do think they had a pretty big dose of luck on several occasions. Adrian's brainfart in opening minutes, all deflections going their way etc. It would be great to watch them repeat this in matches against other top 6 teams ;)

Overall, I wouldn't put too much into this match. There are some things that need to be improved and the overall performance was bad but I hope Klopp and the squad take this slap and use it as motivation to get back to the level they were at last season. Honestly, I don't see Liverpool again playing as badly as they did last night except if several star players get Covid-19.

Reports are that we've just dumped a huge sum of money on an 18y/o winger from Atalanta (Amad Traoré). Apparently he's considered a huge talent and is the star of Atalanta's academy. The reported fee is massive though - €30m + add ons. And we will only be able to register him in January since his work permit will not come through before the transfer deadline so he will remain with Atalanta until then. Also reports are that we are working to get another 18y/o winger (Facundo Pellistri) signed from Peñarol for €10m.

Eta. 

For the Arsenal fans. Reports that Arsenal are making another push to get Thomas Partey. 

Eta 2.

Report from Antonio Ruiz (who is reliable for Atletico Madrid) saying that Arsenal have communicated to La Liga their intention of triggering Partey's €50m buyout. Payment is expected to be made soon.

This would be huge for Arsenal. Gabriel and Tierney have added more quality to the back line, Arteta has brought in proper organisation and now the addition of a genuine world class DM basically ensures that Arsenal will finish in the top 4.

5 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Report from Antonio Ruiz (who is reliable for Atletico Madrid) saying that Arsenal have communicated to La Liga their intention of triggering Partey's €50m buyout. Payment is expected to be made soon.

This would be huge for Arsenal. Gabriel and Tierney have added more quality to the back line, Arteta has brought in proper organisation and now the addition of a genuine world class DM basically ensures that Arsenal will finish in the top 4.

Ornstein picking it up too.

23 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Looks like we've finally reached an agreement with Roma for Smalling - €15m + €5m in add ons. 

But have got now fifteen minutes to get the paperwork over the line before the Italian window closes.

Anyway we confirmed Telles.

Partey would make such a huge difference to Arsenals midfield. Not sure why Atleti would sell him when La Liga seems relatively open for them to have a shot at the title. Best player on the pitch against Liverpool during our cl tie last year (besides Oblak) dominated our midfield. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Partey would make such a huge difference to Arsenals midfield. Not sure why Atleti would sell him when La Liga seems relatively open for them to have a shot at the title. Best player on the pitch against Liverpool during our cl tie last year (besides Oblak) dominated our midfield. 

Release Fee clause in his contract.

13 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Atletico didn't sell him. Release clause was triggered and this happens through La Liga. Atletico wasn't even notified by Arsenal or Partey.

And yes, this is a player I have been wanting for 4 years. He's exactly what we need and I'm personally happier with this than if we signed Aouar.

'Tis a mystery to me why the big Labour advocate manager of Manchester United might be wearing a red tie.

On Partey: it's just really harsh for him and Arsenal to do this on the last day of the season when they had the whole summer to give Partey time to organise a replacement. I gather Torreira's moving the other way on loan at least but come on.

19 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

On Partey: it's just really harsh for him and Arsenal to do this on the last day of the season when they had the whole summer to give Partey time to organise a replacement. I gather Torreira's moving the other way on loan at least but come on.

Atleti were playing with fire though. Partey had a low release clause and has been rejecting contract renewals for like a year now. There was always a chance this could happen. They should probably have negotiated with Arsenal earlier in the window (cash + Torreira deal) instead of basically telling them to pay the buyout or gtfo.

Archived