Maps and daggers

I would like to know how maps are made, how useful they are and how common they are. After all in real world available maps about 500 years ago were not very good and even those were so valuable that sometimes people were literally killed for either for owning one or bc they tried to gain one.

3 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

I would like to know how maps are made, how useful they are and how common they are. After all in real world available maps about 500 years ago were not very good and even those were so valuable that sometimes people were literally killed for either for owning one or bc they tried to gain one.

Planetos has dragonriders, though. It would be easier to make a more accurate map from the air.

On 10/28/2020 at 9:22 AM, szbszig said:

I don't really understand your question. You mean the scene where Wex throws a dagger on Wyman's map, revealing the location of Rickon?

Or maybe it has to do with the map and dagger Arya stole from Roose Bolton at Harrenhal.   I wonder if there are any other such combinations. 

On 10/28/2020 at 8:22 AM, szbszig said:

I don't really understand your question. You mean the scene where Wex throws a dagger on Wyman's map, revealing the location of Rickon?

Catelyn 8 GOT
Arya 10 COK 

Arya 1 SOS 

Read Catelyn 8 GOT. Pretend it’s not Catelyn as you read the chapter. Imagine Rob and Theon are playing a trick on this person. Imagine that this person does not who is Rob and who is Theon. Read this chapter objectively. 
     Next read the other chapters including Wex’s. If you notice a pattern or anything at all please let me know. I believe a connection is to be found with maps and daggers. I’m just not seeing it or I’m mad. 

2 hours ago, Nevets said:

Or maybe it has to do with the map and dagger Arya stole from Roose Bolton at Harrenhal.   I wonder if there are any other such combinations. 

Start with Cat 8 GOT. See my previous post for details. I don’t want to say much on the subject as to not taint any opinion. I would love to hear people’s objective thoughts first. I was hoping someone would corroborate my madness first.

https://asearchoficeandfire.com/

I had no idea about this search tool until I joined this forum. This would have saved me so much in time, highlighters, sticky notes, and soaks in a baths like Jamie Lannister “It’s to much”.

If anyone has any other tool they could provide to a 40 year old Luddite I would greatly appreciate it. I spent 12 years researching by hand. I even began a biosphere/logic tree poster by hand at one point. I called it “ George’s Garden “. Complete with water, soil, flowers, insects, and dragons. So anyway “It’s to much...”

On 10/31/2020 at 6:13 AM, Eliscat said:

Read Catelyn 8 GOT. Pretend it’s not Catelyn as you read the chapter. Imagine Rob and Theon are playing a trick on this person. Imagine that this person does not who is Rob and who is Theon. Read this chapter objectively. 

Next read the other chapters including Wex’s. If you notice a pattern or anything at all please let me know. I believe a connection is to be found with maps and daggers. I’m just not seeing it or I’m mad.

Maps and daggers go together like a horse and carriage; otherwise, I'm mystified. I'll have a go at Cat 8, but I don't think I can manage the third person trick thing. It's mind bending. Might need a clue.

7 hours ago, TsarGrey said:

@Eliscat, check out this post. The SSM search engine might be useful.

If you care about spoilers, be warned that they do not seem to work in the linked post anymore.

I. Love.. You.

xoxo

You've cut down my bath time by a half.

I wish I could bestow upon you a coin of favor to be exchanged for a deed in your honor good sir. Alas I may only give this champion cup to your post. Still IOU.

1 hour ago, Springwatch said:

Maps and daggers go together like a horse and carriage; otherwise, I'm mystified. I'll have a go at Cat 8, but I don't think I can manage the third person trick thing. It's mind bending. Might need a clue.

My thinking is when maps and daggers are used it’s always the same person. It’s the same behavior. Like when Catelyn starts laughing maniacally after being cut with the dagger in Brans bedroom. Next we hear the same laugh from little finger when he enters Neds dreamscape in the dungeon. Remember Peter grew up with Cat she could be like an old boot to slip on for him. People are being warged, illusion, or faced. So if Catelyn is warged by someone and the Rob and co. know it..

The assassin’s dagger is said to have a dragon bone hilt yet the bone is described as looking like black diamond. Glass candle of obsidian? Fossilized bone of a dragon? Real “dragon” bone of a Targaryen? Can a soul still reside in bone and need a host? Or is it a conduit? 
     When king Robert arrives with the dagger he appears as if he hasn’t slept in weeks. When the dagger is out of his possession he’s reinvigorated. Next Catelyn has the dagger and she takes on a sleepless appearance and behaves mad. 
      So I think something else is going on with other people. The author leaves hints like a dagger or map. I can’t find the big picture. All I see are trees and no forest, so to speak.

Also I can’t figure out how Tyrion is worging  into the hound or vice versa. 
     Plus, when the hound says something like Sansa has sung me a new song is that Tyrion? Probably not I guess. I’m quite sure Sansa can release oaths or re-thread fate with song. Some sort of siren song.

Some people say this is all tin foil hat stuff and that chapter titles are 100% proof of whose eyes we are looking through. And just because someone is called Rob, or Theon, then they must be so. I think it may be fun to consider other possibilities.

Shortest example I can give are the last chapters of Theon. He is described as looking like an old man with red eyes. We readers are fooled to believe the torture is responsible for this transformation. This Theon is constantly terrified of eyes. “It’s the eyes they’re all wrong!”  The reader is fooled into thinking his concern and fear are for the fake Arya. He really isn’t tho. He’s scared of being discovered himself.  “I was named after him” he says about an old dead stark. Maybe we know this imposter as Theo?

So if it’s not the real Theon when did the swap take place? 

I’m rambling, but could these several different people, who take their dagger out and place it on a map to hold it down, be the same person? Just a little behavior repeating no matter the disguise? Or is it something else? Like maybe I’m far to obsessed with details? :D 

Much to think on! :)

8 hours ago, Eliscat said:

I’m rambling, but could these several different people, who take their dagger out and place it on a map to hold it down, be the same person? Just a little behavior repeating no matter the disguise? Or is it something else? Like maybe I’m far to obsessed with details? :D 

That would be very cool - skinchanging hidden in plain sight. One thing though - Grey Wind was very pleased to see Catelyn. If she was carrying a stowaway, it would also have to be someone Grey Wind was pleased to see.

Archived