NFL 2021 By Henne Means Necessary

mcbigski

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Always the black hat.

They say great beasts once roamed this world, as big as mountains. Yet all that is left of them is bone and amber. Time undoes even the mightiest of creatures.

So is New England spending all their money in a strategy that wildly counters their traditional free agency work because Bill is pissed everyone is now saying that it was Brady, not him, that lifted the Pats up and he wants to prove them wrong?  Because that's what it feels like.

15 minutes ago, briantw said:

So is New England spending all their money in a strategy that wildly counters their traditional free agency work because Bill is pissed everyone is now saying that it was Brady, not him, that lifted the Pats up and he wants to prove them wrong?  Because that's what it feels like.

They're building an offense that will make the forward pass a trick play.

Niners resign Juice and Jason Verrett - the later for only $5.5 million which is less than I thought he'd get (even with his injury history).  Pretty funny that people automatically react to Juice's top-line number - 5 years/$27 million - without realizing that his cap number will be under $2 million the next two years and after that only $1.25 million is guaranteed in the third year.

Happy they were able to secure their starting two CBs before free agency hits.  And locking up Juice before a bidding war is nothing to sneeze at.  Other than replacing Williams in the slot, they can just focus on both their lines.  Well, that and quarterback...

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Niners resign Juice and Jason Verrett - the later for only $5.5 million which is less than I thought he'd get (even with his injury history).  Pretty funny that people automatically react to Juice's top-line number - 5 years/$27 million - without realizing that his cap number will be under $2 million the next two years and after that only $1.25 million is guaranteed in the third year.

Happy they were able to secure their starting two CBs before free agency hits.  And locking up Juice before a bidding war is nothing to sneeze at.  Other than replacing Williams in the slot, they can just focus on both their lines.  Well, that and quarterback...

What is this? Juice? Who is this? Why are you doing this?

I was hoping that Bill would get his hands on Jus.

Run the 2 FB package, Bill!!

TE T G C G T TE

FB QB FB

RB

7 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

TE T G C G T TE

FB QB FB

RB

That formation dominated back when I played in 8th grade.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

That formation dominated back when I played in 8th grade.

TE T G C G T TE

QB  FB  FB

RB

Niners sign Samson Edukam.  I did not know who that was until 10 minutes ago, but sounds like they're looking for him to provide what Dee Ford couldn't.  They also restructured Ford's contract to 2 years $24 million, which I guess makes sense considering he was gonna get $11.6 million on April 1 anyway if he couldn't pass a physical.  Maybe he can actually get on the field a bit next year.

Also saw the Pats are zeroing in on Kendrick Bourne.  Niner news overload!

2 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

TE T G C G T TE

QB  FB  FB

RB

Now you're just getting weird to be weird you sicko.

4 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I was hoping that Bill would get his hands on Jus.

Run the 2 FB package, Bill!!

TE T G C G T TE

FB QB FB

RB

I remember using that in Madden 2004 with the Falcons. Vick.....

Steelers resign DB Cam Sutton who is a nice, underrated player for us. 

Bud Dupree to the Titans for $16.5M/year. Unsure how many years. I'd be shocked if he produces at even 50% of what he did for the Steelers. Took him like 5 years till he had a productive season. Surprise: was a contract year. Good for him getting the money. Thought he was screwed when he tore his ACL. Always a market for pass rushers, I suppose. 

Archived