Drunk Thread II: The Drunkening

mcbigski

On 9/18/2021 at 12:10 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

But you want tonics.

Don’t think I’ll be fooled by your witch powers!

(Meaning yes, I read that wrong. I blame the schools)

You're right. I want tonics! I looked at the mini-can I had opened the next day and it wasn't ginger ale, it was club soda. Ugh. Gin and club soda is gross.

I told my friends this story at Sunday dinner last night. One of them joked that she loves gin and club soda, because you drink and get hydrated at the same time!

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

You're right. I want tonics! I looked at the mini-can I had opened the next day and it wasn't ginger ale, it was club soda. Ugh. Gin and club soda is gross.

I told my friends this story at Sunday dinner last night. One of them joked that she loves gin and club soda, because you drink and get hydrated at the same time!

Now that’s just good science. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Oh. I’m sorry to hear that. :(

It is what it is and one shouldn’t  worry about stuff they can’t control - as difficult as that can be. In fact my current worry should be not letting the half bottle of leftover wine in the fridge go bad. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

5 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I swear the next thread is going to be “The Hangover”…I simply cannot drink cocktails.

And I have a dentist appointment. Arg.

Gee, I’ve been procrastinating getting a dentist appointment for a week and a half… !

We sorted out yesterday’s work problems. I think the drama was awakening for all of us. And all bad blood seems to have been resolved. Around 5am this morning I agreed with myself that I didn’t really care about potential consequences of yesterday’s drama, as long as I managed to get my points across in an assertive and grownup manner. Which I did, so I’m glad about that. As for consequences, I think everybody had a bottle of wine and reevaluated stuff and we had another new and improved go at things today. Everybody was unusually agreeable. I suppose that’s what a nice bit of drama will do.

Either way, I’m finishing up that bottle of wine I started, because I have 3-4 year old files and invoices to sort out. I wonder if I get better at life admin and financial records in my 30s. Well, we have 1.5 years and several bottles of wine to go before we find out I won’t. 

34 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Certainly, provided that one practices :blushing:

You have practiced. You’ve done it before. Experience counts as practice I believe.

Does it not?

Edit: If you don’t like the results of what you did before, then try something different! :thumbsup:

Edited by A True Kaniggit

On 10/2/2021 at 10:29 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

You have practiced. You’ve done it before. Experience counts as practice I believe.

Does it not?

Edit: If you don’t like the results of what you did before, then try something different! :thumbsup:

I have half-assed, procrastinated or delegated it. Trust me, I’m utterly hopeless. The other week I paid a social security debt I was mistakenly assigned, because I didn’t want to go through the admin of correcting their mistake.

Not sure why I’m in this particular thread posting, because I swear to god there wasn’t a drop of gin in these ice cube ‘n’ tonics I had tonight. The food was vile, the drinks were vile. So much money and 5 hours of my life…. Shame. 

I got way drunker last night with friends than I have I think at any point since the pandemic began. Started off at a bar that had classic cocktails on tap (e.g. Manhattans) and then ended up having way too much wine at a late night dinner.

My body today hasn't quite reacted the way I expected. I don't really have any of my usual symptoms of a hangover, which I would've fully expected. But I am extraordinarily tired and much hungrier than normal. Which would seem to be a sign of something; possibly the beginnings of a werewolf transformation.

14 minutes ago, Fez said:

I got way drunker last night with friends than I have I think at any point since the pandemic began. Started off at a bar that had classic cocktails on tap (e.g. Manhattans) and then ended up having way too much wine at a late night dinner.

My body today hasn't quite reacted the way I expected. I don't really have any of my usual symptoms of a hangover, which I would've fully expected. But I am extraordinarily tired and much hungrier than normal. Which would seem to be a sign of something; possibly the beginnings of a werewolf transformation.

If the bolded is the case, please let me know.

We can do battle.

Can someone on here film a video of my glorious defeat?

The other night Partner did an event in a venue (open to the outdoors) that specializes in serving their own artisanal mead, made on premises, loads of barrels in the "hall."  Some bottles of the stuff were duly gifted.  Can't stand drinking it, to Partner's disappointment.  It doesn't even qualify as anything one could cook with, unless apple recipes of some kind, perhaps?  But though I cook constantly and a large variety of things, from soup and stews and baked sheet dishes, roasts, beans from scratch, etc.,  baking and desserts are not among what I do -- though I do eat apples.

This is mead.  It's not cider.  It's not Calvados.  It's its own thing, and ugh.

The plan was to make hot buttered rum. However, there’s no rum and I used all the butter for jacket potato filling anyway. 

Hot Toddy then. The single piece of lemon in the fridge, however, had an odd brownish core which I took as sign of rot. Still made the toddy, though with honey, cloves and cinnamon. And I kid you not, I like the result way better than the OG toddy. I don’t know if it’s the cinnamon, which I’ve never added before, or the lack of lemon, or the proper whiskey, but it has made a mighty fine autumn drink. 

‘Stares suspiciously at title.’

@mcbigski this is Drunk Thread IV at least. Best to correct that.

I remember a drunk thread in 2016 made by someone else.  Between 2016 and 2021 I made 2 more. 

Do your research man!

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

The plan was to make hot buttered rum. However, there’s no rum and I used all the butter for jacket potato filling anyway. 

Hot Toddy then. The single piece of lemon in the fridge, however, had an odd brownish core which I took as sign of rot. Still made the toddy, though with honey, cloves and cinnamon. And I kid you not, I like the result way better than the OG toddy. I don’t know if it’s the cinnamon, which I’ve never added before, or the lack of lemon, or the proper whiskey, but it has made a mighty fine autumn drink. 

Came down yesterday with my first head cold in years.  Not too big of a deal as I already feel quite a bit better today.  But I do see a hot toddy or two in my immediate future.;)

18 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

‘Stares suspiciously at title.’

@mcbigski this is Drunk Thread IV at least. Best to correct that.

I remember a drunk thread in 2016 made by someone else.  Between 2016 and 2021 I made 2 more. 

Do your research man!

Sweet summer child.  I've started about 2.5 drunk threads myself.  (Though i'd bet the over there so maybe more.)

I sentence you to viewing of the first two Highlander films.  Then perhaps you will grok.

• 1 month later...