Were the Starks the real villains of Game of Thrones all this time?

Khal Rhaego Targaryen

8 hours ago, Khal Rhaego Targaryen said:

At the end of this show the feeling is that the Night King and his team were really the ones trying to save Westeros from Bran's evil clutches. Also Sansa's coronation has a kind white supremacist vibe

I mean, Sansa killed Danny.

Also, she killed Danny for nothing. She wouldn't have gone "insane" if not for Varys, Jons, and others betrayals.

I don’t think we were *supposed* to think of them as villains.

But, based on what we were shown, they had become Lannisters with different hair colour, by the end.

Ding and Dong thought that Cersei and LF were people to emulate.

13 hours ago, C.T. Phipps said:

I mean, Sansa killed Danny.

Also, she killed Danny for nothing. She wouldn't have gone "insane" if not for Varys, Jons, and others betrayals.

Sure, Sansa wanted to put Dany underground because she blamed her for the actions of Aerys II, and she stood in the way of her crown.

Sansa deliberately made herself Dany's enemy, and Jon killed her to save Sansa. 

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

I don’t think we were *supposed* to think of them as villains.

But, based on what we were shown, they had become Lannisters with different hair colour, by the end.

Ding and Dong thought that Cersei and LF were people to emulate.

Well, GRRM hasn't really shown Littlefinger as someone not to emulate, so they're following his rules.

Arya becomes a rather dark character but she was too much of a fan favourite for the show to portray it that way.

Sansa is rather cold.

Bran will make an awful king because it appears he has no emotions.

On 8/18/2022 at 5:53 AM, SeanF said:

Sure, Sansa wanted to put Dany underground because she blamed her for the actions of Aerys II, and she stood in the way of her crown.

Sansa deliberately made herself Dany's enemy, and Jon killed her to save Sansa. 

I mean, Sansa's sheer ingratitude to SAVING THE WORLD is beyond measure.

13 minutes ago, C.T. Phipps said:

I mean, Sansa's sheer ingratitude to SAVING THE WORLD is beyond measure.

She’s even bad-mouthing Dany to Tyrion in the crypt when she’s out fighting the Dead. She flounces from the banquet, rather than join in a toast to her.  She flatly refuses to acknowledge that she or her soldiers did anything useful in the fight.  Then it takes her about five minutes to breach Jon’s confidence to Tyrion.

I know Sansa suffered badly, but by the end, she had become despicable.

20 hours ago, Darryk said:

Bran will make an awful king because it appears he has no emotions.

Unless GRRM and D&D are pushing the narrative that Bran would be a good king because he has no emotions, the concept of an impartial king.

1 hour ago, Angel Eyes said:

Unless GRRM and D&D are pushing the narrative that Bran would be a good king because he has no emotions, the concept of an impartial king.

The ending shows Bran leaving the small council with no contributions.

It turns out Bran will be doing no ruling whatsoever.

No I don't think. It's just another bad play on D&D

Bran is pretty sinister though for not doing anything to prevent the chaos that would ensue after the Night King and his army was destroyed. And the fact that he banished Jon anyways lol 

On 8/17/2022 at 9:07 AM, Khal Rhaego Targaryen said:

Also Sansa's coronation has a kind white supremacist vibe

I did not see that AT ALL.

3 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

No I don't think. It's just another bad play on D&D

Bran is pretty sinister though for not doing anything to prevent the chaos that would ensue after the Night King and his army was destroyed. And the fact that he banished Jon anyways lol

Which is all Tyrion's fault. It was his boneheaded idea that led Daenerys into her ambush off Dragonstone's coast.

10 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Which is all Tyrion's fault. It was his boneheaded idea that led Daenerys into her ambush off Dragonstone's coast.

Yes, it is Tyrion's fault (and Varys' fault but who knew when Varys started scheming on her....the writing suggests the same episode he found out but lol)

But I am still completely stunned that Daenerys did not see the Iron Fleet herself. She's thousands of feet up in the air

3 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

Yes, it is Tyrion's fault (and Varys' fault but who knew when Varys started scheming on her....the writing suggests the same episode he found out but lol)

But I am still completely stunned that Daenerys did not see the Iron Fleet herself. She's thousands of feet up in the air

she (and her dragons) need to see an optometrist.

anyways , it seems that Ryan Condal thinks Tyrion and the Starks were villains as well! apparently* in the tourney scene it was Starks and Lannisters who were killed... coincidence?!

(I'm saying "apparently" because I did not realize that myself and I do not have the heart to watch all that gore again to check if it's accurate!)

On 8/24/2022 at 2:40 AM, EggBlue said:

anyways , it seems that Ryan Condal thinks Tyrion and the Starks were villains as well! apparently* in the tourney scene it was Starks and Lannisters who were killed... coincidence?!

Poor Targ fanboy. He is aware he is currently involved in a project that is all about the oh so great 'Aryens' destroying themselves?

Love how Dany is treated like an infant by the fandom. She isn't the one who burned a million of people to death. People made her do it, she has no free will the poor thing. Just agree that bad writing reigned supreme for every freaking character and the story made no sense whatsoever.

• 1 month later...

Bran, aka Bloodraven, would be a villain. In fact, I'd bet they might "undo" much of the ending by revealing it was Bran warging into Dany at the end. She needed to be thrown down to pave the way for his ascension to throne of Westeros and having her go ape and burn thousands of people to a crisp is one way to do it (since they apparently REMOVED IN POST the actual reason King's Landing went kablooie: Cersei's use of wildfire caches all over the city). 

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 5:20 AM, TheNecromancerofMirkwood said:

Bran, aka Bloodraven, would be a villain. In fact, I'd bet they might "undo" much of the ending by revealing it was Bran warging into Dany at the end. She needed to be thrown down to pave the way for his ascension to throne of Westeros and having her go ape and burn thousands of people to a crisp is one way to do it (since they apparently REMOVED IN POST the actual reason King's Landing went kablooie: Cersei's use of wildfire caches all over the city). 

I don't like Bloodraven. And I think he is a villain...the sooner that Bran gets away from him the better. But, that being said, I am afraid that Bran might not ever get away from Bloodraven even if/when he leaves the cave.

But they changed the ending of the Bells in post-production? How do you know this?

On 8/23/2022 at 9:34 PM, SeanF said:

Tyrion as villain is a more satisfying explanation for his behavior

Archived